Aerial view of the 11th green at Raccoon Creek Golf Course.

The Raccoon Creek Golf Course is a public, 18-hole golf course in Littleton. It covers 7,045 yards from its longest tees and plays to a par of 72. The course has some difficult elements, such as elevation changes, but it is still beginner-friendly. Water hazards come into play on seventeen holes. The most difficult hole of the course, one of the most difficult in Colorado according to the Colorado Golf Associates, is the par-3 17th hole. The hole runs alongside a creek, the creek that the course is named after, and requires a shot over a portion of it to a very well protected green.

Raccoon Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1984
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Dick Phelps (1984)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Restaurant

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #18)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2016 #5)

12.07 pm

When checked in golf shop person upset I got Green fees and cart rider for $25.00. Negative rather than say great deal glad to have you first time.

Then guy asked if I would share cart or have hand cart. I am 70 years old and said no. Other three turned out to be single golfers lot younger than me.

I can see share cart being married or immediate family. But you not set up for testing and you not adhering to social distancing.

So what is your policy in riding carts with VIRUS still so prevalent? If I book online you going to insist I share cart being 70 years old? I notice many rode carts by themselves.

The guy that checked us in had a problem!! Rude and talked bad about Golf Now

Updates are Great!

It’s been 3 years since we’ve played here. The course was in great condition new clubhouse and new carts with gps. Great round and we’ll be back!

Good value.

Course was in very good condition but pace of play could have been faster. I would play here again.

Fun layout and challenging - but SLOW play

I played on a Saturday, joining another twosome we didn't know. They were slow!! Didn't play ready golf, stood over the ball for 30 seconds (no exaggeration) on every shot, shuffling their feet, adjusting their gip, five practice swings, then hit it 100 yards. I lost count of how many balls they lost. The marshal approached us early in the round and said 'hey guys, you're 5 minutes behind, please pick up the pace'. I told him he needed to tell the twosome in the other cart, we're waiting on them for every shot. That was the last thing he said to us, though he came by several times and watched from a distance and wrote notes in the clipboard. What's the point of having a marshal when you don't enforce pace of play? I know, I know, don't want to make customers angry or they won't come back. Here's the deal, it was a 4 hour 50 minute round. I won't come back if that's a normal round. You can't get any consistency when you're waiting around so long. It's ok to be a bad golfer, we've all been there, it's not ok to obnoxiously slow and inconsiderate of other players. The course backed up behind us, then I felt rushed to hit my shot. Ruined the round.

Great course but...

My friend and I really enjoyed playing the beautiful, well-maintained course -- or what we played of it. There are no signs indicating where the tee boxes are, which can be tricky to figure out on the curvy layout. The stones in the ground on the tee boxes show the hole number but we were confused several times where to go after each hole. In fact, we played the wrong hole once, got off track, and ended up not being able to play four holes. The player assistant on the course was not sympathetic. Advice: play with locals who know the course, to know where to walk and when not to use driver!

Slow

very slow Marshall did not stop or do anything for pace of play. Tee boxes were in terrible condition. Fairways had bare spots. Greens were slow, bumpy and hard to get a ball to stay on the green.

Fantastic day and course

First time playing this course, the layout is great, condition is as good as it gets, greens were perfect speed, beware of lots of trouble as in water and a creek but not too bad if your hitting the ball ok. I will definitely play this course again

Beware of GN price!

Course was in good shape and is always fun to play.
Second week in a row that the GN hot deal said cart was included and the course wouldn’t honor it. They said it was a walking rate.
Be ware and call ahead to make sure.

Love the Coon

Perfect day. Course in great condition and place of play was awesome for a weekend. Finished in 4hrs and 30 minutes.

Dodged the rain showers!

The forecast didn't look good but except for some sideways rain on 1 1/2 holes it was clear, breezy at times but manageable. I played here years ago and remembered I liked it but not why. Now I remember, challenging layout with lots of doglegs and water to keep you honest. The clubhouse is new since I was there last but due to Covid we couldn't go inside. Will certainly consider this for future rounds, would play all the time if it was closer to us (45 minute drive).

Colorado Advisor

Good day out, a bit of unnecessary pressure

This was a fun day out overall. I found a good, last minute spot to use a GolfPass code, sweet! I followed the general directions of not showing up too early. The friendly starter asked if I was willing to swap with someone trying to play the next tee time with his friends who had booked...which left not much time to stretch, etc. before teeing off. Ok.

The round went decently well after a warm-up period with pretty good conditions on the fairways and good green conditions with quick & true greens. The website said only 2 carts per tee time would be issued, no problem, I can walk. Our round was going fairly well until hole 15's tee when a course marshal rode up and said we were behind and needed to pick up the pace or have to skip a hole, pressuring us. Hmmm, we intentionally left a gap off the tee to not risk hitting someone with the winds varying so much...so as not to send someone to the hospital unnecessarily, suboptimal right now. A drive went 298 just a few holes before.

We sped up a bit, but a 4 some can only go so fast. Still hitting #15 in reg didn't slow me much. Yet that warning may have contributed to pulling a drive left on #16 and having to search for the ricochet, which was ended in the fairway. Still, a par on #16 left us waiting on #17 5-8 minutes waiting for the group ahead to finish the hole. One of our group then pulled a tee shot, pressure? In the end, we really weren't off the pace of play and barely left a gap between us and the group ahead.

Honestly, the warning from the course marshal left our group on edge. Was it necessary? Hmmm. Did it diminish the experience from a good course with usually very nice and friendly folks?...uh.

Still, I hope this experience is the exception. I like this course, actually I love this course. It's usually a fun and stimulating day out with welcoming staff. Maybe everyone is stressed a bit with this COVID-19 stuff.

Skip It

Course was over booked. Starter tried to get us
to be a fivesome. Starter is about as unfriendly as I have ever seen. There were fivesomes in front of us. Noon teetime but teed off at 1215. Played only 16 holes in 5 hours. Management is very poor. I will not be retur ning any time soon,

Always maintained!

I don't play that often, but I always look forward to playing Raccoon Creek when I get a chance. They are always friendly and the course is always maintained well! The greens were a little hard this time, but that was due to a lot of wind. Their set-up for the Covid-19 rules went smoothly and was very easy to figure out.

Typical early spring condition

Have played here often and enjoy the layout mostly. Lots of areas where they are they are replacing turf, ground under repair and hard greens which should improve immense as the summer kicks in. A little confusing booking and paying during Covid but it all worked out. Pay for range balls at drink stand or you will be walking back there. Pin placement on 17 was diabolical! See you again soon and thanks for being open.

Great layout!

For this time of year the course was in great shape. Greens rolled good and were fast. Golf now price of $49 was well worth it. Pace of play is usually slow here but we played 5 in 4 hours with 2 walkers. Will definitely play again.

Lakewood, Colorado