Maui Nui Golf Club (Elleair Golf Club)

Year Built 1987
Greens Bermuda Grass, Tifdwarf
Architect Bill Newis

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Disappointed with the greens

Spend the extra $5-$10 to go play a Wailea course. The greens made this round feel like it shouldn’t count. I love the layout but the conditions were less than I expected for a $50 hot deal

Back t ok Golf!

Awesome staff, great course. Thank you for a great day of golf. I will be seeing you again next week.

Maui Nui

The times that I have visited Maui - this course provides the best value. It has a tricky layout, that gives a good challenge. The fairways were in great shape given the weather this season, the greens a little dry given the wind. Memories though!!

Good value, friendly line staff

Played many times here over the years, its our “go to” golf course. The course itself in pretty good condition considering the amount of people who play. The bathrooms are ABYSMAL andhave been for some time. I did complain and one of the on course bathrooms (women) looked as if it had had some clean up. The adjacent men’s toilet was “UGH”. The bathroom facilities are in URGENT need of attention, repair and upkeep. The line staff, as opposed to the pro shop staff, are always welcoming and friendly and most always give the impression that they are pleased to see you again.

Bob

Excellent course for the price. Friendly staff and good pace of play. Very good lunch after the round. I recommend.

Fun golf course...super slow pace

Can’t complain about this golf course.
Friendly staff. Good price.
Ball flies way further than in SoCal...or I was smashing it more than usual.

Pace of play however was very slow.
That’s the only reason I wouldn’t play here again.

Less than impressed.

We arrived 45 minutes before tee time so that we could go to the driving and putting range When we checked in we were immediately told we were a foursome which we were not aware of. Secondly they told us they were running 10 minutes ahead which shortened our practice time. Then they moved our tee off time again back 15 minutes. What a cluster. That jaffected our game tremendously and made it an unimpressive round ofnmold. Paid for 28 but left after 9. Very disappointed.

Aloha,

We are sorry that your round was not to the level you were expecting. We try to make sure every guest leaves with a positive story from their time with us.

As for the playing with 2 other players, it is safe to assume that during high season in the mornings, you will almost always be paired with another 2 some. You are welcome to purchase the other 2 spots with your tee time to ensure you play alone, but we can't send everyone out as 2 players or else is will be a very long day for everyone playing.

We try to get everyone out on the course early if possible so they have more time with the rest of their day for other island activities. That is why the starter was trying to send you early, however, situations arise and they are forced to roll with the punches and do their best.

Again, we are very sorry that it affected your round so much so that you felt the need to leave after only 9 holes.

Maui Nui Staff

Good value for the money

Course has a nice layout and conditions were good. It was extremely windy the day we played which made some of the holes very difficult and the holes running parallel to the highway a bit nerve wracking, but overall it was a very enjoyable day

Aloha,

I wanted to thank you for leaving us a very kind review of your round with us. I'm assuming you avoided all cars on those few highway holes, so job well done! We hope to see you back out again with us in the future!

Maui Nui Staff

Great value golf course on Maui!

Great course to play any day on Maui, particularly if the trade winds are strong as it’s a bit sheltered on the west side. Staff were great and kept everyone moving along. Pace can be a bit slow as to be expected on a resort layout. Check out the bar after as they have a great selection of local beers, and your second one only costs what your score was on the round! Now that’s a great deal no matter what your shoot!

Slow Pace of Play!

We read a lot of reviews about this course and the pace of play. While it’s a gorgeous course and you’re relaxed there is a slow pace of play and you don’t see a lot of court marshals monitoring it.

Aloha,

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review and glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful course.

With over 200 golfers a day, every day, and with a varying range of skill level, it can be tricky to keep players on a 4 hour pace. However, we do have 2 marshals everyday on the course. When specific groups require more attention it isn't uncommon for the marshals to spend more time following and helping those groups keep pace. With that said, that could be why you might not see the marshals as much as you might expect. But rest assured they are out there and doing their best with what that day brings us.

Maui Nui Staff

What a great experience, stellar pro-shop and facility

Customer Service was outstanding! Huge shoutout to Michelle in the clubhouse. She was exceptionally helpful and represented the best the course has to offer. Pace was great and the conditions were superb. Whole family had a great experience. We will be back for our next vacation!

Aloha,

Thank you very much for leaving us a stellar review of your round. We love to hear how much fun our guests have out on the course and to hear it was the whole family makes it even better!

We look forward to seeing you back out here on your next vacation!

Maui. Nui golf course

You don’t have to spend a fortune to play on Maui. This is my favourite of the munys. It’s varied, interesting, and just fun to play. I highly recommend it.

Aloha,

I wanted to thank you for leaving us a review of your round with us. Well love to hear how much enjoyment our guests get out of our fair but challenging course.

And just an FYI, we are not a municipal golf course, we are privately owned but open to the public.

Best Golf deal on Maui!

Played Maui Nui several times and always enjoyed the experience. Staff are excellent and very accommodating. The day we played the course had just survived a major storm so it was cart path only for a while, but it changed to 90 degrees on the back which was very much appreciated. This is a busy course so expect 4 to 5 hour rounds. But if you’re budget minded it’s a great value!

Aloha,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our course and we look forward to seeing you back out again with us soon!

nice course, poorly supervised

Very plush, challenging course with undulating greens but you can't allow a group of 6 to play together and slow down the whole course. Many did not finish the round before dark with these 6 bringing the course to a crawl. I wish there had been better supervision.
It was also very slow (reason unknown) the last time I played there. I was hoping for better.

Fairly laid out track, but s-l-o-w-e-r than molasses in January ...

The good : Wide fairways, decent length (depending on the tee you choose), grass/ greens in relatively good shape, considering the heavy course traffic. The bar did have Happy Hour specials, and a live musician.

The not-so-good : it was frustratingly SLOW, the entire day. There were no marshalls anywhere on the course to help move along the slowpokes, so we were waiting to hit our shots on literally every hole. We finally gave up on #16 and quit for the day, as we could see even more groups stacked up. No bathrooms anywhere on the course, just a lone port-a-potty on the back 9. Some back 9 holes run past a very busy / noisy highway , which can be distracting.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Aloha,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your issues with the pace. We do have marshals on duty every day of the week, but some times with heavy play and some golfers having a lack of skill, it becomes challenging to keep groups moving no matter how hard we urge them to move quicker.

As for the restrooms, we have a restroom attached to the maintenance building next to the tees on #3 and you pass the same restroom when you are on #7, you must have just missed the sign.

Please feel free to call Joe in the pro shop so we can resolve the issue, we would love to have you back out with us again to show you how great of a course we are!

Wailea, Hawaii