Maui Nui Golf Club (Elleair Golf Club)

Year Built 1987
Greens Bermuda Grass, Tifdwarf
Architect Bill Newis

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Great value golf course on Maui!

Great course to play any day on Maui, particularly if the trade winds are strong as it’s a bit sheltered on the west side. Staff were great and kept everyone moving along. Pace can be a bit slow as to be expected on a resort layout. Check out the bar after as they have a great selection of local beers, and your second one only costs what your score was on the round! Now that’s a great deal no matter what your shoot!

Slow Pace of Play!

We read a lot of reviews about this course and the pace of play. While it’s a gorgeous course and you’re relaxed there is a slow pace of play and you don’t see a lot of court marshals monitoring it.

What a great experience, stellar pro-shop and facility

Customer Service was outstanding! Huge shoutout to Michelle in the clubhouse. She was exceptionally helpful and represented the best the course has to offer. Pace was great and the conditions were superb. Whole family had a great experience. We will be back for our next vacation!

Maui. Nui golf course

You don’t have to spend a fortune to play on Maui. This is my favourite of the munys. It’s varied, interesting, and just fun to play. I highly recommend it.

Best Golf deal on Maui!

Played Maui Nui several times and always enjoyed the experience. Staff are excellent and very accommodating. The day we played the course had just survived a major storm so it was cart path only for a while, but it changed to 90 degrees on the back which was very much appreciated. This is a busy course so expect 4 to 5 hour rounds. But if you’re budget minded it’s a great value!

nice course, poorly supervised

Very plush, challenging course with undulating greens but you can't allow a group of 6 to play together and slow down the whole course. Many did not finish the round before dark with these 6 bringing the course to a crawl. I wish there had been better supervision.
It was also very slow (reason unknown) the last time I played there. I was hoping for better.

Fairly laid out track, but s-l-o-w-e-r than molasses in January ...

The good : Wide fairways, decent length (depending on the tee you choose), grass/ greens in relatively good shape, considering the heavy course traffic. The bar did have Happy Hour specials, and a live musician.

The not-so-good : it was frustratingly SLOW, the entire day. There were no marshalls anywhere on the course to help move along the slowpokes, so we were waiting to hit our shots on literally every hole. We finally gave up on #16 and quit for the day, as we could see even more groups stacked up. No bathrooms anywhere on the course, just a lone port-a-potty on the back 9. Some back 9 holes run past a very busy / noisy highway , which can be distracting.

Aloha,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your issues with the pace. We do have marshals on duty every day of the week, but some times with heavy play and some golfers having a lack of skill, it becomes challenging to keep groups moving no matter how hard we urge them to move quicker.

As for the restrooms, we have a restroom attached to the maintenance building next to the tees on #3 and you pass the same restroom when you are on #7, you must have just missed the sign.

Please feel free to call Joe in the pro shop so we can resolve the issue, we would love to have you back out with us again to show you how great of a course we are!

Mahalo,
Maui Nui Staff

Maui Elleair Golf Club

The staff and the golf course were fantastic. I always enjoy the views and layout. Perfect conditions with the winds down. Looking forward to our next visit.

Aloha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a great review. Glad to hear that you had an excellent day and the conditions were ideal. We look forward to having you back out again with us soon!

Fair but challenging

Despite the heavy rain the day before the course was in great condition. Lots of challenges including some strategically placed bunkers and water hazards.

Aloha,

I wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your round. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your day with us, we look forward to having you back out here with us again in the future!

Ridiculous pace of play

We had an early afternoon tee time. Unfortunately two couples were ahead of us and refused to let anyone play through. The group ahead of us were playing two balls each. No marshal on the course. We played for 4 1/2 hours and only made it to 14. We drove around the group holding everyone up. They were teeing off on 16 and the rest of the course was empty.

Aloha,

I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I also wanted to address the comment about pace and the lack of marshals. We do have a marshal on duty every day of the week, who try their best to keep groups moving along to prevent unbearably slow rounds. Some days this is more difficult than others depending on the day and the quality of golfers we get on any given day. I would like to make it up to you and your group though, please call the pro shop and ask for Joe when you get a chance and I will find a resolution to this.

Thanks for playing at Maui Nui, we hope to see you again!

Better be straight!

Fun course— be stay on it, though, as errant tee shots are lost in the woods. Best value on the island. A challenging layout.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Aloha,

I wanted to follow up on your review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your round and will come back to see us again. We work hard to provide a great experience to every guest that walks on property, so I wanted to see what we could have done better to bump that review up from 3 stars to a 4 or 5? Please let us know what more we could do to further enhance your next round with us.

Mahalo,
Maui Nui Staff

Hot Deal

The Staff was friendly and helpful. They put my clubs on the cart and came to get me from the range. I would definitely play Maui Nui again.

Love this course

Easy to get to. Course is in good shape. Greens are good. Could be better. Decent value for money. I will golf here again.

Another great course.

I read the Golfnow reviews and decided to book. I was greeted like a regular when entering the club house. I had a very nice conversation with Carol at the counter. We met a great couple that we played with from Dallas. The course had many challenges, not to mention the slope of the greens. It was a very enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend.

Wailea, Hawaii
Paia, Hawaii
Lahaina, Hawaii
Lahaina, Hawaii

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).
Featured Content