Maui Nui Golf Club

Maui Nui Golf Club (Elleair Golf Club)
Scorecard for Maui Nui Golf Club
Gold M: 71.5/126 445 150 503 158 387 418 217 520 409 3207 427 390 205 524 166 377 372 163 524 3148 6355
Blue M: 69.3/121 427 140 412 139 369 400 203 488 383 2961 370 371 184 484 143 370 334 149 509 2914 5875
White M: 67.4/116 W: 72.8/121 409 129 412 129 338 345 187 445 367 2761 355 360 174 435 129 351 322 131 489 2746 5507
Red M: 63.1/108 W: 66.4/108 290 123 412 86 296 310 112 357 288 2274 314 331 117 425 113 321 303 124 355 2403 4677

Year Built 1987
Greens Bermuda Grass, Tifdwarf
Architect Bill Newis

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Pretty good value for your money

Fairways were decent, greens were a bit rough.

Nice to hit off grass tees on range but there was little grass left to hit off .

Sand bunkers were well maintained and the sand was of a fine consistency.

We would go back and play it again!

Nice EXPERIEINCE

This course is not a top,rated course but for the money and the staff friendliness and to get get ready for a championship course it’s a good warm up. I would recommend and go again

Lush Links

I'm from Dallas and we have a lot of great golf. Maui Nui brought that experience to the islands. Every inch is covered with lush grass . Wind makes club selection difficult. Rough and greens are mealy, so you need to hit it! If you like Easter egg hunting, I found 80 golf balls(they are left everywhere) Playing the next two days there and maybe more.

Liked course. Greens could of been better

We played this course because it was close to where we were staying in Kihei and we got a $35 dollar rate on golfnow which is amazing for Maui. Overall we all liked the course layout and it was just challenging enough. The course had some really nice views. The only real complaint we what was the greens were not in the best shape. I would recommend this course if your looking to play golf on Maui and don’t quite have the budget for some of the resort courses.

Can't go wrong with Golf on Maui, but...

Greens were terrible, nice course, great location. Shocked they charged $20 for my friend to ride in the cart...ridiculous. They sent a single, 2some, single, 4some, single, 3some and another single out = SLOW PLAY. Appears they need a Pro who cares about the condition of the course and taking care of their customers. Still, for $60 on Maui...a great deal!

Greens were terrible, but had a good time. Really enjoyed the back nine.

Be honest

Greens and area of course damaged by hurricane. Still playable but rate is not reflective of course conditions.

We planned on playing there 3 times but no longer. Wished the pro shop or starter would have mentioned it and adjusted accordingly, especially as a returner for the last 12 years

They will be back and great but bummed.

Aloha,

I wanted to follow up with you about your rating of our course. I noticed that for "Friendliness" and "Amenities" you marked "poor". Would you mind elaborating on those so we know where we need to improve?

Mahalo in advance.

-Maui Nui Staff

Nice open course made it good for both of us to play. Gold tees good for me and red tees good for my Aunt. Nothing too tough except for afternoon wind on back 9 made it a bit sporty. Overall it was a solid round and fun.

Aloha,

We wanted to thank you for taking time to give us a nice review after your round and we look forward to seeing you out here again soon!

“I played golf on Maui.”

This course wasn’t anything exceptional, or complex, or even very interesting. It’s mostly wide open fairways with almost no rough; sand traps barely came into play for me, and limited water features. But it was a golf course on the Island of Maui, which is ‘in and of itself’ a beautiful thing. Greens were like glass and very fast. Today was too windy, but you can’t blame the weather on the course. Staff were incredible friendly, inviting, and accommodating (seriously nice folks here!). Thanks Recommended as being of exceptional value for being able to say “I played golf of Maui.”

Aloha,

We wanted to thank you for taking time to give us a nice review after your round and we are glad you had a great time golfing on Maui!

Rough track

Front 9 was a mess. The 6th was closed. The back seemed like a different course. The greens were rough all around. Very slow and bumpy. I wish I had known I was only going to get 17 holes. For what it’s worth, The starter said the 6th would be open by 11/1.

Aloha,

First off, thank you for playing with us and for taking the time to write a review, as that's our best way of knowing what we need to work on. As for the 17 holes, we do have 19 USGA regulation holes, so we are using our extra par 3 behind hole 1 to fill in for #6 until it is back in play. So you should have still played 18 holes. We did recently aerate the greens prior to your round, which is why it was a bit bumpy and slow out there. The greens are back to normal now, with a couple lingering issues on 2 of the greens, but for the most part, they are great. We hope you give us another chance now that we are back to non-aerated greens.

Mahalo again!

Would not go here again

Came to this course based on reviews -- sadly disappointed and do not recommend. Here's why: Let's start with the driving range and chipping and putting greens, they are very bad shape (pretty much worthless to practice). Next, the pace of play was poor. We had morning tee time and got plugged up fast and waited on every hole. Need better control of pace to make this enjoyable. Course wasn't bad, but some greens need more work and were burned on edges.

On the good side, staff was very friendly. Cart gal came around several times and was very sweet.

Heard this course recently changed owners, which is why we couldn't get a beer. Suggest new owner focus on issues.

Commented On 09/14/2018

Aloha Mr. Crawford

We would like to apologize about the pace of play the morning you played. We were experiencing high levels of play that day and we were not able to get the pace picked up fast enough. Our restaurant now has their liquor license with a full service bar and beer cart! We are constantly trying to improve guest experience with newer turf grasses and tee boxes. We hope that you would come back to visit us very soon.

mahalo

Nice Layout...hot...slow...needs maintenance

The course is a really nice layout with challenging drives and interesting holes. Some beautiful panoramic views of the ocean especially on the back nine.

However, it is very hot and the course isn't in very good condition. The staff is marginally helpful and seems to treat "golfnow" tee times with disdain. They know you're not paying full rate and do as little as possible to assist. A big problem is pace of play which is VERY slow (5+ hrs) if you get behind beginners which seems to be very common and disappointing. In fact, my last round of golf had three players who had NEVER played golf before forcing me to be the teacher, guide, marshal, etc...so we didn't hold up the course.

Finally, the greens need serious work and one entire hold was closed.

Course has tremendous potential but needs better management.

Aloha,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for playing with us. We rely a lot on reviews and feedback from our guests in order to know what we need more work on. I wanted to address the concern that we, "treat "golfnow" tee times with disdain". I can assure you that the avenue you take to book your tee time does not translate to a different quality of customer service. We want everyone who comes out to play with us to have the best experience possible and would never intentionally deliver anything less than top customer service.

We hope you give us a chance to show you our greens now that they have been fully aerated and are back to healthy condition.

Mahalo,

This course was great!

One of the Best Golf Experiences I have ever Had!!

The most friendliest and nicest Staff, Carolynn,Azita and Kendall are Extremely Wonderful!!

I will definitely be back!!

Commented On 09/14/2018

Aloha John

Thank you so much for your kind review! We love hearing from our great customers! Come see us again real soon!

mahalo

Best value in South Maui

Great course for the money. Conditions all around very nice It was a little windy on a few holes this particular day but we had a great time . Will be back very soon for sure. Half the price of the Wailea courses..

I played mid day on a Tuesday and there were very few people on the course. The course was in good shape with the exception of one green which was pretty beat up. Fairways and Bunkers were in good shape. I enjoyed it very much.

Beautiful course.

Best course value in Maui. Well maintained. Good pace of play. Beautiful views. Will play here again!

A Good Maui Value

If one is looking for a good course to play in Maui and not have to deal with crowded conditions, this is the course for you. It is a good value and the staff treats you like they appreciate you are there.

Wailea, Hawaii