Type Resort/Semi-Private
Ohi'a Lehua 70 4887 yards 64.4 114
Ohi'a Lehua (W) 70 4887 yards 68.3 114
Bird of Paradise 70 2633 yards
Scorecard for Kiahuna Golf Club
Gold M: 73.6/130 403 431 201 363 496 445 188 424 423 3374 376 340 209 386 432 554 228 475 413 3413 6787
Blue M: 71.5/129 375 411 173 333 478 430 174 412 404 3190 345 326 191 353 392 541 179 445 379 3151 6341
White M: 69.1/122 W: 74.5/132 360 375 141 324 468 399 147 381 356 2951 318 310 174 338 378 522 135 397 355 2927 5878
Silver M: 66.5/120 W: 71.6/127 311 338 134 290 437 380 138 360 339 2727 303 282 138 300 330 499 125 346 328 2651 5378
Red M: 66.5/120 W: 67.6/117 286 318 110 269 366 325 122 331 308 2435 266 249 111 266 268 458 115 321 238 2292 4727

Year Built 1984
Fairways Bahia Grass
Greens Bahia Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1984) Colligan Golf Design (2003) Donald Knott (1984) Gary Linn (1984)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Disappointed

I thought this course would be as nice as Puakea since they cost the same but this one is not nearly as nice. The back shop staff were friendly, maybe pro shop could learn something from them. Bunkers could use some maintenance. This course is only slightly better than Wailua so they should lower their rates or up their game.

A little pricey

Friendly staff!
Challenging layout
Great greens
Just overpriced imo for the overall course condition, but
not even close to a $95 course

Horrible Customer Service

Horrible customer service and the course isn't all that either! I played the day before with some local friends. They walked with pull carts. I got a half cart since I didn't know the course and felt it would be easier. We were playing 9 holes at 4PM. I was charged $15 for the golf and $25 for the cart. No big deal. I come back two days later to meet my friends and play again. I ask for a pull-cart and they don't have any... lol I didn't want to ride and my friend walk with his pull cart. He said we'll just split a cart. We go in and he pays first, the same $40 I paid a couple of days earlier. The cashier asks to see my license and then politely says it will be $65 because I'm out of state. I said no way. I just paid $40 two days ago. He said someone made a mistake. I said not interested. My friend got a refund and we both left. The right thing would have been to honor what I had paid before and had a talk with the person who charged me the $40. Instead they lost two golfers and the place wasn't even busy. If the course would have been worth $65 for 9-holes I would have paid it but it was far from it. I can see horrible customer service is what this place is all about. You have been warned!

Disappointed with this course

We were disappointed with this golf course and felt it was poor value. The friendliness of the staff was poor particularly in the pro shop. When we checked in we felt that we were bothering the staff in the pro shop as they certainly didn’t understand the importance of customer service. The exception to the friendliness was the young gentleman that greeted us in the parking lot with a golf cart....he was friendly and assisted us with our clubs, etc. The course was average at best and was a poor value for the $$$ paid. I would not recommend this course and will certainly not play here again.

Solid course!

Great layout! Friendly staff. Definitely will play again. Love the opening hole!

Off season. Not many players.

Great course . Couple of challenging holes. Well manicured course. Fairly flat , greens were fast and soft. Had lots rain before my round. Great for the money.

A bit quirky but fun

Had a good time plaing there in a two club wind, but most greens were not in good shape. It gets very quirky on the back nine, but it’s funny to play if you like that kind of quirkiness. At 100$ it’s too expensive but it’s Kauai... For that price go to Puakea in Lihue.

Just ok.....

We played the twilight time which starts at 330. The rate was cheaper and more affordable . Played as a twosome and since there was nobody ahead of us, we were able to get our 18 holes in 2.75 hrs. They require the golf carts to be returned to the club by 630, which is ok if you don't have slow players ahead of you.....it can be done if you just play " ready" golf...if your ready just hit the ball regardless of whose turn it is and you may be able to get 18 holes in 3 hours.

I did happen to golf a good game but the course has a lot of undulations on the fairways and some large undulations and tiers on the greens which can be intimidating. The worst part were the greens which appeared to be in poor condition. Blotchy and bare in areas which made it difficult to putt. Lots of dog leg fairways and blind tee shots.

Houses line many of the fairways so if your slicer, hooker, you might hit a house. Did not notice any cart girls on course. Cantina., pacos tacos serves great food.

I felt for the money, it was not worth the value mainly due to the poor conditions of the greens, and that was at the twilight rates..... If I paid the regular rate which is just under 100.00, I would be really upset for paying that amount for the greens that were in such poor conditions.

2 other courses just as good for half the price

The municipal course at Walea and Pukea course near Costco for half the green fee of this course are just as good for layout and condition.

Wouldn't recommend

I stayed in a house on the course and walked 9 holes twice while I was there. It was only $15 to walk after 4pm and that was plenty of time to finish. The pro shop staff was not very friendly. We had hoped to play the back 9 and they wouldn't let us even though there were only 2 other groups on the entire course. Not good views for being in Hawaii either. It was more like a course you could play in any other state. Pay a little more and play an oceanfront course instead. The course was in good shape, though.

Pleasant enough, that's about it

Pleasant enough round of golf but nothing special, and it's priced accordingly, compared to the nearby Poipu Bay course. Front 9 is wide open and forgiving. Back 9 is more challenging, but the routing is a bit goofy at times, starting with 11, and especially 14. Again, pleasant enough and priced fairly, but I wouldn't make a point of going there.

Feb2016

We only had time for 9 holes, but it was enjoyable despite fairly strong wind on our day. The course was in great shape, including greens. Not a lot of fantastic "Hawaii views" but a beautiful course nonetheless. A lot of undulating greens. Driving range leaves a little to be desired, but other amenities very good. Fairly open in most places - a repeat player could score well on this course.

Good, but not great

Although we've been to Kauai a lot, this was our first time playing Kiahuna. It was a good experience, but not great. It was like a good municipal. They are offering a special for $95. That includes golf and cart with GPS. This would not be a $95 course anywhere else but Kauai. Note-that does not include range balls-those are extra. Course in good shape, wide open. Nothing complicated. Par 70 - only 1 Par 5 on each side. A good course to shake off the stiffness from travel, but not the best on the island.

Short, open and needs attention.

Course is more like a public community course than a club. It has maintenance issues in the fairways and on the tees. Greens are in good shape. from the back tees, it has a moderate level of difficulty, fairways are wide and mostly open from hazards.

Course has added nice GPS to carts

Changed layout since I last played here, deffinately improved course since I last played 2 years ago, will play again when I come back.

Unique-great panoramas

Played course 3x now. It rates somewhere south of a top notch pristine course but a good value with some unique features.
Some tough holes with the wind up, same as most courses. Greens in good shape, some fairways need help, but no deal breaker. Bunkers are crushed red volcanic rock, actually easier to escape. Great open air bar with views of the mountains.

Try it. Great views, good deals on GolfNow.

Koloa, Hawaii