Type Resort/Semi-Private
Kiahuna Golf Club

Year Built 1984
Fairways Bahia Grass
Greens Bahia Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1984) Colligan Golf Design (2003) Donald Knott (1984) Gary Linn (1984) Mark Rathert (1984)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Bar, Restaurant

A lower cost option on Kauai

Kiahuna is a very nice course on Kauai that offers a more reasonable greens fee for visitors to the island. I have played here two or three times and always enjoy my round. The course has multiple tee settings so you can adjust to your level of skill. The holes are interesting and require some thought in planning your shots, with fair risk reward ratios. I especially like the archeological sites that are contained in and near the course. Lends a different aspect to your round. Conditions were good, but greens were a bit rough and were very slow. I would recommend a few minutes on the practice green before you play just to get a feel. Overall a fun place to play, with very friendly staff, a reasonably priced restaurant on premises for that after the round lunch or snack/drink.

Perfect place to golf in Kaua’i

You have to play here! Course conditions are perfect, staff is friendly, breakfast is affordable and very tasty, club rentals are brand new Calaways with oddessy putter, and the views are spectacular! Played here 4 years ago and the course wasn’t as well kept as it is now. This course has the most bang for your golf buck in Kaua’i! Course is just challenging enough without being too difficult. I bought 2 IPAs at the turn and they were only $4 each! Carts have GPS and they give you a cool mint towel at the end of the round. A very nice touch. Play here now! Cheers

Disappointed

I thought this course would be as nice as Puakea since they cost the same but this one is not nearly as nice. The back shop staff were friendly, maybe pro shop could learn something from them. Bunkers could use some maintenance. This course is only slightly better than Wailua so they should lower their rates or up their game.

A little pricey

Friendly staff!
Challenging layout
Great greens
Just overpriced imo for the overall course condition, but
not even close to a $95 course

Horrible Customer Service

Horrible customer service and the course isn't all that either! I played the day before with some local friends. They walked with pull carts. I got a half cart since I didn't know the course and felt it would be easier. We were playing 9 holes at 4PM. I was charged $15 for the golf and $25 for the cart. No big deal. I come back two days later to meet my friends and play again. I ask for a pull-cart and they don't have any... lol I didn't want to ride and my friend walk with his pull cart. He said we'll just split a cart. We go in and he pays first, the same $40 I paid a couple of days earlier. The cashier asks to see my license and then politely says it will be $65 because I'm out of state. I said no way. I just paid $40 two days ago. He said someone made a mistake. I said not interested. My friend got a refund and we both left. The right thing would have been to honor what I had paid before and had a talk with the person who charged me the $40. Instead they lost two golfers and the place wasn't even busy. If the course would have been worth $65 for 9-holes I would have paid it but it was far from it. I can see horrible customer service is what this place is all about. You have been warned!

Disappointed with this course

We were disappointed with this golf course and felt it was poor value. The friendliness of the staff was poor particularly in the pro shop. When we checked in we felt that we were bothering the staff in the pro shop as they certainly didn’t understand the importance of customer service. The exception to the friendliness was the young gentleman that greeted us in the parking lot with a golf cart....he was friendly and assisted us with our clubs, etc. The course was average at best and was a poor value for the $$$ paid. I would not recommend this course and will certainly not play here again.

Solid course!

Great layout! Friendly staff. Definitely will play again. Love the opening hole!

Off season. Not many players.

Great course . Couple of challenging holes. Well manicured course. Fairly flat , greens were fast and soft. Had lots rain before my round. Great for the money.

A bit quirky but fun

Had a good time plaing there in a two club wind, but most greens were not in good shape. It gets very quirky on the back nine, but it’s funny to play if you like that kind of quirkiness. At 100$ it’s too expensive but it’s Kauai... For that price go to Puakea in Lihue.

Just ok.....

We played the twilight time which starts at 330. The rate was cheaper and more affordable . Played as a twosome and since there was nobody ahead of us, we were able to get our 18 holes in 2.75 hrs. They require the golf carts to be returned to the club by 630, which is ok if you don't have slow players ahead of you.....it can be done if you just play " ready" golf...if your ready just hit the ball regardless of whose turn it is and you may be able to get 18 holes in 3 hours.

I did happen to golf a good game but the course has a lot of undulations on the fairways and some large undulations and tiers on the greens which can be intimidating. The worst part were the greens which appeared to be in poor condition. Blotchy and bare in areas which made it difficult to putt. Lots of dog leg fairways and blind tee shots.

Houses line many of the fairways so if your slicer, hooker, you might hit a house. Did not notice any cart girls on course. Cantina., pacos tacos serves great food.

I felt for the money, it was not worth the value mainly due to the poor conditions of the greens, and that was at the twilight rates..... If I paid the regular rate which is just under 100.00, I would be really upset for paying that amount for the greens that were in such poor conditions.

2 other courses just as good for half the price

The municipal course at Walea and Pukea course near Costco for half the green fee of this course are just as good for layout and condition.

Wouldn't recommend

I stayed in a house on the course and walked 9 holes twice while I was there. It was only $15 to walk after 4pm and that was plenty of time to finish. The pro shop staff was not very friendly. We had hoped to play the back 9 and they wouldn't let us even though there were only 2 other groups on the entire course. Not good views for being in Hawaii either. It was more like a course you could play in any other state. Pay a little more and play an oceanfront course instead. The course was in good shape, though.

Pleasant enough, that's about it

Pleasant enough round of golf but nothing special, and it's priced accordingly, compared to the nearby Poipu Bay course. Front 9 is wide open and forgiving. Back 9 is more challenging, but the routing is a bit goofy at times, starting with 11, and especially 14. Again, pleasant enough and priced fairly, but I wouldn't make a point of going there.

Koloa, Hawaii