Kaanapali Royal Golf Course

Year Built 1962
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1962)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Group Getaways 7

Great course!

If you’re on vacation in Maui you will love this course. Fair price and great greens. The rental clubs were very nice as well.

Birdies

Had a couple circles on the card. Windy conditions- tricky fast greens

Love Kaanapali Royal

This was a great bargain through Golf Now. Kaanapali Royal is an outstanding course and we played in less than 4 hours.

Aloha,

We are really pleased you enjoyed your time here at Kaanapali and agree that it is a special place!

Twilight Value

If I had to play at 10:00 am I’d rather give my $175 to Wailea Old Blue. It’s in better condition.
I bookeda $99 rate at 2:30, showed up an hour early and got out right away. There aren’t many players in that noon to 2:00 bracket.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Thank you for playing at the Twilight time! We are happy that we got you out early as well on the Kai Course. The Royal Course is a great option for your next visit and available at the same rate as the aforementioned course.

Mahalo

Don’t play twilight.

I am writing this review as I’m playing my round, so that should telL you about the pace of play. We have waited on every single shot since the 4th hole. No Marshall. Today I am playing the royal. I played the Kai a couple days ago and it was the same thing. Course layout is good. Conditions of fairways and greens are descent. Bunkers are like concrete. Tee box’s are not good. I haven’t played in the morning but my guess is it’s not much better. I’d look elsewhere. I won’t be back.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha, it would be great to get more feedback on your experience. It is our goal to help as much as possible. Please let us know if we can help via email. Mahalo

Pace of play, not good

It’s a nice course but for the money it should be better. No Marshal and way over booked so +5 hr round

Go early

Nice course in great condition

Nice course in great condition. Fair landing areas off the tees with greens well protected by bunkers. Pace was a little slow but the views made it no problem. Small driving range with mats only but large practice greens. A little over priced but would play it again.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha, thank you for playing at Kaanapali! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again on Maui.

Excellent resort golf

Challenging layout, great setting. Course was in terrific condition. Teeing off at 12:42 PM, we played in less than four hours. Driving range is weak, but everything else was first rate.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha and mahalo for coming out to Kaanapali! We are happy that you enjoyed your time.

Too Windy

I would of liked a credit to play another course. It was brutal with high winds and rain. You can’t get a refund unless the course closes. Which probably will never happen. I’ll think twice about using Golf Now for rounds in the future.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha, we can empathize with playing in rough weather as it is not typical for Maui. However, we do have options directly at the course and will welcome you for the future. Please contact us direct and we'll do our best to help. -Mahalo

Nice Course

We played this course to get something different than the Plantation and Bay in Kapalua. The course was in very good condition. The views were nice, but I had been spoiled by the Plantation and Bay Course views at Kapalua by the time we played this one. There was also a lot of foot traffic near the hotels surrounding the first and last holes, as I suppose most tourists may not realize that a golf course is not a walking park. It was worth playing for the price and a change of pace.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha and thank you for playing at Kaanapali!

Perfect Venue and Golf

had a perfect day, Royal course is long and lots of bunkers. the course was in perfect shape greens are firm but fair. perfect fairways a must play when on Maui.

Commented on 02/15/2020

The Royal Course is a gem and an original. Mahalo for playing!

Play your own Skins game

Kaanapali hosted the Senior Skins Game from 2008-2011 and a Big Break, so it has a nice tournament pedigree. The course feels wide open, but it is very challenging and seems to play long. A lot of the greens are very elevated and guarded by bunkers, making approach shots more strenuous than tee shots.
A nice variety of holes and elevation changes keep the golf interesting. You even have one green close to the ocean. It's near a walking path, so you'll likely have onlookers clapping if you make the putt.
A pond separating the first fairway from the 18th is the only water hazard but it is definitely formidable.A meal at Roy's after the round is a must. The food is fabulous, and the dessert, a chocolate souffle, is legendary.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Mahalo for playing! I know you made that putt in front of the crowd on the beach side #5 green;)

The Royal

The Royal Kaanapali is the longer of the 2 resort courses located within walking distance of the Kaanapali Alii resort where we stayed. The course was longer, with a little more forgiveness in the fairways and plays completely different than the Kaanapali Kai course and I highly recommend playing both courses with 2 different views of the island. The greens were true and in great condition just like the Kai as well as the fairways. The staff was great and even offered great tips for reading the greens, made you feel like you were on your home course.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha, it was awesome having you play! We hope the tips helped during your round!!

The Better Of

The 2 courses at Ka'anapoli, The layout and the views are superior to the Kai course. The staff was very friendly and the food at the 19th hole was very good as well. Both courses are great resort courses that are a fair test but enable you to thoroughly enjoy your round.

Commented on 02/15/2020

Aloha and thank you for playing! We agree that between the two courses and 19th hole, you'll enjoy!

Solid course.

Beautiful open course. Only 1 lake/water hazard in play on the 1st and 18th so I went around without losing a ball which is nice.
Greens were tough to read and the grass is very different that what I have ever played in Canada and England. Great fun and some beautiful holes.

Aloha,

We truly appreciate you playing and agree that the course is a beautiful challenge. Not losing too many golf balls is definitely a bonus:)

Royal Ka'anapali

The course is in a great location. Very nice views from most holes. The layout is player friendly. The staff was very friendly.

Aloha,

We enjoyed having you out and hope you make it back to Maui soon!

Great vistas

This course is perfect for a holiday golf destination with great vistas, good value if you buy a three round package (you save on the rounds and get free rentals). It has generous fairways and several lengths that you can play the course at.

Great Experience Better Views

Played this course while on vacation in Late October. Course is very nice with amazing views and wide open fairways. Greens though are very demanding and you must place your ball on the correct level or have a demanding difficult putt. The wind also plays a huge role in club selection, up on the hill I found it necessary to take an extra club or two. I was a little disappointed by the range which is small and we were hitting off mats. Range buckets are very small and there are only about 10-12 hitting stalls. It was also very warm and humid and though they give you a cooler with ice, water is not included. Usually when I pay that much to golf in a warm environment water bottles are included, though there are water stations throughout course. Also, the beverage cart was broken and was parked on course with limited access to it. golfing was fun though and that bermuda rough is tough.

Aloha,

We love the beautiful views and rolling fairways as well! Thank you so much for your feedback. We will certainly strive to work on all of those aspects.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Aloha,

Thank you so much for playing and we hope to see you again on Maui!!!

Lahaina, Hawaii