Volcano Golf & Country Club

1.8

Volcano Golf and Country Club
Back 72 6503 yards 70.4 128
Scorecard for Volcano
Blue M: 70.4/128 450 380 134 387 483 180 385 373 393 3165 195 505 388 340 396 402 197 520 395 3338 6503
White M: 68.8/124 438 359 130 365 456 170 386 345 370 3019 182 464 376 323 333 404 181 519 389 3171 6190
Red W: 70.7/117 406 328 122 352 437 129 325 287 342 2728 152 430 293 295 297 356 154 449 360 2786 5514

Year Built 1920
Architect Jack Snyder

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Needs Work

Tee boxes had lots of divots. Fairways had wet areas. Greens were in poor condition. Nice area surrounded by the volcanoes, but hard to enjoy the round with so many course maintenance issues. Also if you have never played this course, there is a lack of signs telling you where the next hole is, so easy to get off track.

Fun to play

Greens in great shape. Fairways very good and pretty wide. Light rough in some areas. Some weeds in bunkers. Some thick, tall rough around some greens. Overall, a nice course to play for the price. If riding, may hit a lot of clumpy grass from tee box to fairway. So expect to get a bumpy ride in certain areas. One unusual thing, they will not let visitors walk the course, only members. Also, if you want a guest ( including a baby) to ride along, the cost is $18 per individual. So a spouse and child would cost $36

Mountain course

Very close from volcano national park. Feel exhilarating

Course conditions

I golfed as a single, and was able to get around the course in good time! Not too many on the course and only had two groups to go through as a single! Course was in OK shape, but this was just after the Hurricane went overt the island! Some trees uprooted and many fallen branches. No restaurant and only Microwaved hot dogs to eat, so I went elsewhere for lunch. Great deal though, $22 for 18 holes and a cart! Greens were patchy, but puttable.

Golf Bliss on a Volcano

Cool breezes, beautiful weather, great conditions, in Hawaii on a the slope of a volcano, what more can you ask for? Loved this course and the setting was magical. Set between Mauna Loa and the entrance to Kilauea at at 4300 feet it was cool and just an awesome day of golf. Long drive from Kailua-Kona but worth it. Only 30 minutes into Hilo for dinner, and then Saddle Road back to Kona made this day a most excellent adventure. Next trip back we will do this again!!

Good Value

The greens need a little work, but the round was decent and the weather great. Will play again.

Course & carts in poor condition

Greens were aerated heavily and mostly sand. Course is not watered. Restaurant is closed. Carts are old and not well maintained. Cart bag straps don't tighten well. My partners bag fell out and his driver head snapped off as it hit the ground. Would not play this course again in current conditions.

Nice, easy course in a casual setting.

We're to golf the day before but rained. We were easily accommodated for the next day. Course is average. Cooler than most due to location. Interesting because close to the Volcano but surrounhings are much like being in a northern prairie province. Nice course to play as is fairly easy and open. Fairways will roll for a while.

Even in the rain/drizzle

The fairways are wide and long and in excellent shape. The rough is a rough ride with lots of large clumps of grass to maneuver. The greens are unimaginative, but that didn't make putting any easier for me:-)

State Resident...I have a State ID and Driver's License

We checked in for our tee time early, but when we arrived, the woman at the pro shop quoted a price higher than what we booked on Golf Now. When mentioned that we booked on Golf Now, she indicated that she had no idea what Golf Now's price quote was to us and that we had to pay her price and not Golf Now's price. I showed her my booking confirmation and she told me if I'm not an "Hawaii Island Resident" then I can not get the resident rate? I presented my Hawaii Drivers License and advised that I am a Hawaii Resident. Apparently, this course has two residents rates, "Hawaii Island Resident" rate and "Outer Island resident" rate. I have never heard of such a thing. Of course, upset and irritated with this "guideline", I put my driver's license away and kindly said, "thank you" and proceeded to leave. However, the gentleman standing next to the clerk, advised her to offer us the "Hawaii Island Resident" rate. He apologized for the inconvenience and helped gathered our rented clubs so we can enjoy our golf game. Thank you kind gentleman! The course is beautiful. On the first tee, the fog rolled in. We couldn't see more than 15 feet in front of us. I have never experience anything like that. It was magnificent. But not when the flag stick was no where to be found. A couple minutes later, the fog cleared and the rest of the day was beautiful.

Volcano

It is not the best course on the island, but it is fun to be able to add "I played on the Volcano" to your list.

Fun Course. We always enjoy playing here.

Volcano and Big Island are our 2 favorite courses on the Big Island while on vacation. Volcano can be rainy (it's a luck of the draw). If the locals are out, it can be a long day, however. It's in much better condition this year than last year. Your price offer was a good value considering what all these courses are charging.If offerred again, we'll play again.

Nice course - great views!

Enjoyed this course very much. Worth the drive. Include a trip toVolcano National Park before or after your round.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019