Formerly known as Antioch Golf Club.

Valley Ridge Golf Course
Scorecard for Antioch
Black M: 69.8/132 469 506 408 177 320 124 468 315 214 3001 437 292 267 280 521 394 416 359 205 3171 6172
White M: 67.5/126 W: 72.8/131 450 477 397 150 310 100 461 288 168 2801 409 284 260 272 508 354 310 314 166 2877 5678
Red W: 67.4/120 410 437 378 145 215 77 437 278 117 2494 392 254 251 260 404 309 300 271 145 2586 5080

Year Built 1954

Independence Day

Course in pretty good shape . A few places have standing water and the traps need some work but the course played well. Only one person working there so hard to get quick service .

No water

The course was nice. I spoke to one staff member who was less then nice when I checked it. It was 85 degrees and humid and there was absolutely no water to drink in the course. All of the water cooler holders were either broke or completely empty. We were never told of this or we would have gotten water at the turn. Not a sight of a cart girl. No refreshments at all while in the course for 4 hours. No ranger in site. Slow play and no etiquette as the group's in front were so slow and refused to let us play through. Value was good but I'll never come back.

We played after a few days of rain causing a lot of flooded areas. Some of the areas were unplayable because they could not be cut. I would try it again during a dry period to see if it was any better. I think they’re trying for improvement but not there yet.

Fun round

The course was in the best condition since I have played it. A bit dry but I am sure that is based on the weather.

I’ve never written a bad review before but...

Simply this course is the worst course that I’ve played in northern Illinois. Not only is the layout brutal, but the actual design and maintenance is equally terrible. There are a handful of good holes, but they don’t come close to redeeming the course as a whole. Even with the price, anywhere is better than here.

Very Wet

Unfortunately with all the rain and mud it was cart path only, even the cart paths were wet and muddy. All in all I liked the course $14 with a cart couldn't beat that. No ranger to keep pace of play moving. We teed off the group in front of us was 2 holes ahead of us and we caught up to them, they wouldn't let us play through not even when I drove my ball into them and the pro or whoever was in the pro shop was a Jag.

Sad & soggy course

Very wet & soggy but the real issue is the fact that they weren’t doing anything to address this or fix this issue. Very unhappy & displeased.

Getting Better

Since ownership has changed hands the course condition has gotten better The fairways could be in a little better shape, but other than that, course played well.

Enjoyable!

I was a little worried when I booked this course just on previous reviews. However, it was a pleasant surprise. Still needs a little more care like others have said but I enjoyed the course. Some short par 4's that you can score on with some other holes that are tight and have water in play. I recommend this course to other's and for sure will be back to play it again. Good job!

not bad but not great

course was decent but some bumpy and bad spots on greens. Tight back none for sure but greens could be a little better. all they need to do is topdress them some and repair the bad spots. I know as took care of golf courses for over 18 years myself.

Don’t miss Antioch

Friendly staff, well mowed, nice to see new hole locations, could use more sand in bunkers. Seems like it’s only going to get better and better with new owner.

the greens were filthy, a couple of them were unputable! the overall condition of the course has tremendously declined over the years. When I first played there it had some of the best greens for a municipal course.. sad to see

u000008217326
Commented On 01/18/2019

Just wanting to offer you a free round on us if you return for 2019. I am the new GM of the course and a PGA professional. Under our new ownership the course did see a vast improvement toward the middle and later part of the season, we will continue that this year with better turf conditions.

Sad condition

The course itself was in very poorc condition. Yes boxes and fairways had not been watered in a long time. One of our biggest challenges was getting out tees into the ground without breaking them. Quite a drastic change from last year. I have earned several friends about the current conditions and to find other courses to play.

u536823624
Commented On 04/03/2018

Golf Visions ran the course last year and ran it on a skeleton crew. They did nothing to improve the course. Quite sad. Valley Ridge is under new ownership this year. Hopefully it gets turned around!!!

Worth the money

Staff was friendly. Very small putting/chipping area. Fun layout throughout the town, although the course itself wasn't in great shape. Greens had dirt patches and crevices on almost every hole, fairways were very iffy with some spots being entirely dirt. Tee boxes pretty torn up. For the value and pace though I'd play again

One guy doing everything from pulling up the carts to running the pro shop and bar/restaurant. I give him kudos. I understand the course was recently taken over by Golf Vision. They have a lot of work to do. Most greens had "disease" or some sort of rough patches you had to putt through. Tee boxes were in poor shape and the ground was rock hard. Bunkers were inconsistent. One hole had two bunkers, one with sand, the other with dirt/gravel. Unfortunately I found myself in the latter. A couple holes had strange layouts. Seemed like the architect had to fit/jam them in to the small piece of land he was given. No water in the ball washers or the water jugs on the tees. Pace of play was great, but only because there was no one there on a beautiful Sunday morning. Only a dozen cars in the lot when we left at 11:30 a.m. Now I know why. Lots to improve on and lot of money to be invested.

Lake Villa, Illinois