Type Public/Municipal

Arlington Lakes Golf Club is situated amid the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Locals treasure the course as one of the area's hidden gems. At 5,331 yards from the back tees, this par-68 layout is on the shorter side but don't underestimate its level of difficulty. Besides the mature trees that frame many of the holes and 14 lakes that come into play, there are more than 100 strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The layout also features small, sloped greens that demand accuracy but you can take comfort in the fact that there are no doglegs. With strategic shot-placement and a bit of luck, there are some birdie opportunities available. The shorter length of the golf course will appeal to beginners but it's versatile for more advanced players to enjoy as well.

Arlington Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 1979
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Garrett & David Gill (1979) Michael J. Benkusky (2018)

Carts Yes - $18

I play here regularly during the season. Tee times were booked solid and still the pace of play was good on a windy day.

The course has plenty of challenges and water hazards. Requires some accurate shots. Bunkers are well placed and most greens are elevated. Always have a nice day of golf at Arlington Lakes.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, JoeD76! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Arlington Lakes Golf Club!

Fun course

Its a nice course to play the coutse was in good condition for March

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Arlington Lakes Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Arlington Lakes

Perfect day, 29 December is not a normal golf day in Chicago. Course in great shape, even though Cart path only w a lot of rain the night before. Even so, we played on a packed course in 3 hrs, 40 minutes. Ridiculously good.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Very enjoyable round.

Other than it being winter golf, this was an enjoyable round. Weather was nice, course was I. Good shape, and pace was spot on. Definitely recommend.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u5282549! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Arlington Lakes Golf Club!

Typical Midwest Fall Golf

The ground was a little wet, but the course still played well today. Not much run on the fairways or greens but that is expected in fall golf in the midwest. Staff was friendly as usual, and the course was well maintained, especially for this time of year.

Commented on 11/25/2019

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hello, shulka. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Arlington Lakes Golf Club!

Commented on 11/06/2019

Hello, u5282549. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Arlington Lakes Golf Club!

As usual.

Shot my best round of the year today. Course was definitely soggy from the rain, but that just made me play smarter. Pace of play today was great for a Sunday. 18 holes in 2.5 hours.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Very enjoyable round.

Course was in good condition. Greens ran a little fast, but that's just part of the game. Always have a good time when I play here, for the most part. Still a little lacking on amenities. No refreshments cart. Cant run to the club house every time I want water or a beer, but, that's ok. Will definitely play here again.

Pretty typical here....

I enjoy playing this course. I've played 10+ rounds here this season. Course was in good shape and the greens rolled true. Per usual, the starter put a 4some in front of us (2some), and threw a solo behind us, so pace of play was totally out of whack. 4 and a half hours for 2 players is a bit long. Also, no refreshments cart out today. I know it was chilly and windy, but it's a Sunday. I'd hope that by paying for a round we would be provided with the full array of course amenities, including a refreshment cart. I'll definitely return, but hope it's a bit better next time.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Course is short but challenging. It is in very good condition and staff is also very good.

Great Course!

This is a well maintained, muni, with friendly staff. It was really busy with overcast, windy mid 50 weather, but things moved well.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello, GolfDawg54. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Arlington Lakes Golf Club!

Great weekend value.

Although we started 20 minutes late (not sure why) it was a beautiful day and the course was in great shape. After 9am the price was very affordable, especially for a weekend.

Nice local shorter course

I play in a league here every week. Course is always in good shape. It was slightly redesigned a couple of years ago. The redesign took out many of the sand traps but this course has plenty of water hazards to compensate for its shorter length. Each 9 has 3 par threes and total length from tips is under 6000 yards. Still a challenge Houghton and always fun. They have options to play 18, 9, 6, or 3 holes. Ask. Nice clubhouse, patio, and pro shop. Bar upstairs is cozy.

Hit or miss

Lots of water cause the fairway to hold water from time to time. New layout but never disappoints when you get a cheap rate.

Commented on 07/28/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Palatine, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Prospect Heights, Illinois

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.