Orchard Valley Golf Course

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 6

Get it Together!!!!

This course has had it's ups and downs ever since Billy Casper Golf took over. After not playing here in two-years due to extremely slow play, I came back in October of 2020, found the pace of play to be very good and conditions "good", except for the very rough greens understandable with recent aeration and charged accordingly, $34.00.
Gave it one more shot Friday November 20 - worst greens I've played on in years. Aeration from over a month ago still not healed (no watering!). Area around the greens was covered with old branches and sticks, grass around the greens looked liked it had not been mowed since October.
Cost was $40 for very sub-par conditions, no value and just another bad golfing experience at this very nice laid out track - too bad they cannot get their stuff together!!

Commented on 11/24/2020

Thank you for your review, Ben. We take customer feedback seriously and are constantly working to improve. Please reach out to us directly if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Favorite Course in West Suburbs

Orchard Valley is one of my favorite courses in Chicago. A very challenging layout but very fair.
Course was in great shapes, however greens had been aerated recently.

For $66, we felt the course was gouging considering the greens were aerated and leaves had coverers several of the greens.

There was no notice that any aeration had been done. I firmly believe that if yo are going to aerate please charge reasonable greens fee. This is something that would affect my decision to comeback.

Very Fun Track

Played this course for the first time in a few years. I forgot how fun this course is. In very nice condition (had recently aerated the greens, but they were already 80% recovered and had minimal impact). Played in just over 3 hours. Ill definitely be back before the snow flies!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy our course. We look forward to having you back soon.

Great layout

I really like the layout of this course. Course Mgmt is a definite must. Earlier this week, the greens were aerated so not ideal. Enjoy.

Commented on 10/06/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Amazing Course for Public Play

Shocked at how amazing the conditions continue to be even this late into the season. Wishing and missing the golf boards. This course has everything a private posh country club offers with a public twist. The staff was awesome and very helpful. Still one of the best public courses in Illinois!

Commented on 09/28/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy our course and wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Illinois Advisor

OV in wonderful condition

Given the amount of play Orchard Valley receives (it's always pretty packed) the course is in tremendous shape *except traps but all courses get a pass on that aspect this season...... Kudos to the grounds crew. Greens are the best they've been in several years in my humble opinion. Pace of play was great (a nice surprise) given we teed off at 230pm and both felt we might not get in the round prior to darkness as sometimes rounds here are 5 hours plus. We got around in slightly over 4 hours. OV is a challenging/interesting track with lot's of water to fend off. Range and excellent brewski selections that are well priced. Nice clubhouse patio. Thanks for enjoyable day.....and look forward to returning before the end of the season. Highly recommended and a good value.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy our course and wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Fun but Horrible Conditions, Bad Value

Really cool course layout and nice facilities, but the course is in terrible conditions and it was very overpriced. For $68 a round, they should absolutely be maintaining the course better, especially for a Saturday morning round. The 9th hole also runs along the driving range, so there are dozens of balls in the fairway and there were golfers literally slicing shots from the range into the fairway as we were playing. Overall, I would not recommend this course unless you get a good deal on it for about $50. They need to maintain it much better and put netting along the driving range

Lots of homes

This course has homes along about half of the fairways, but the worst feature was by far the staff. I had to wait 10 minutes foe the starter to show up so I could get a cart key. He was very rude to begin with. While playing our foursome had rangers come up to us twice on the front 9 and told us to improve oir pace in a very rude manor. We finished the feont him 1:55. I am not sure what their "pace" is but it doesn't matter because I will never be back after the terrible staff interactions.

Great Track

Great layout, really challenging par 3s. Great course for any handicap.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Great Layout and Challenging

This was a great course with plenty of challenges all over. I was a single and paired with 3 others for a foursome and they were a great group to play with. The course has its share of risk reward holes, but has strategically placed bunkers and water comes into play on at least half the course. There were a lot of divots in the fairway as they didn't supply sand to fill divot marks which were prominent on fairways and greens as well. Although we haven't had much rain in recent days the fairways were rather wet and soft on several holes which made it difficult to get traction. This just may be a characteristic of this course of poor drainage. I had read previous reviews and was a little perturbed at the ranger coming around to our group letting us know we were 1 1/2 holes behind the group in front of us, although the group behind us didn't have to wait and we finished the front nine in 2 hrs. Then he came around again on the turn to tell us we were 2 holes behind. I know they want you to keep pace, but so long as we are not holding up the group behind then we should be okay..I definitely want to play this course again, now that I know somewhat of the layout and where to and not hit your ball. This course makes you think and it was fun to play despite the situation with the ranger. All in all this was a fun outing and I would highly recommend it. One final note, #12 par 3 was picturesque and if its a cross wind be sure and play the wind. Holes 13, 15-18 were very challenging, but really test you. Can't wait to play again. Well worth the drive.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thanks for your detailed review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Great Course!

Really fun course, our foursome just was stuck behind a husband wife twosome that was insanely slow so we were waiting all day long. Ranger should have made them skip a couple holes because they were backing everyone up and playing at about a 5.5 hour pace.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Much Potential for a Great Course

Have played this course many times in the past. Greens today were showing the wear and tare of previous players not bending down and fixing their ball marks. Too bad. This course layout has great potential and should be in the top 5 public courses in greater Chicago.
Fairway divots were not fixed in many rounds which surprised me. With that said, raise the green fees, reduce the play, and spend some money on up-keep of the course and return it to its real potential.

North Aurora, Illinois