Bartlett Hills Golf Club has been a favorite Chicagoland golf destination since it first opened in 1929. To keep the layout up to modern standards, it has undergone many changes over the years but it still has the same classic character. At 6,463 yards from the back tees, this traditional layout might not be long but it still provides a fair test. Rather than distance, the golf course demands smart play and accurate shot placement thanks to narrow, tree-lined fairways and several tricky doglegs. You might not have many chances to use your driver but you'll definitely get some iron practice. There isn't too much trouble off of the tees at Bartlett Hills G.C. But greenside you'll be faced with nearly 30 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards come into play on seven holes, which include some forced carries.

Bartlett Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1923

Carts Yes - $17

Great Time Comfortable Pace

Had a great time yesterday at Bartlett Hills... Very comfortable pace, course, though a bit wet, was in great shape

Commented on 10/11/2019

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Hidden Treasure

A really great NW Suburban course...A little off the beaten path but well worth discovering. Beautiful, mature trees line most holes. Not too long, but a lot of doglegs and protected greens. A fun course that you shouldn't miss!

Commented on 09/09/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Nice course in Bartlett

Very pretty course. Not Long or many obstacles. Staff was friendly too. We will return again. Sand traps were decent with sand that was soft
Have fun if you decide to play there

Commented on 09/05/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

End of Summer Review

This is a return visit for me and I was curious to see what type of condition the course would be in for an end of summer round. As a former golf course manager, I have an appreciation for the grounds crew that uses walk behind mowers on the greens. I thought most of the greens were in ok condition, but there are a few that have a fair amount of ball mark damage, likely the result of many golfers who lack general course etiquette.

Most of the fairways were in good condition, but I think my biggest complaint would be that the tee boxes that were quite shaggy. Since today was Labor Day, it is possible that maintenance skipped mowing the tees today, and I'm guessing (or at least hoping) the last day they had been mowed was Friday, but I thought they were a bit unkempt for a holiday weekend. While I personally didn't visit any bunkers today, most of the ones I looked at appeared to be in good shape from an appearance standpoint.

Overall, I still like the overall course layout and look forward to hopefully posting a lower score for my next visit as I had a sloppy back 9 today. If you haven't played this course yet, I would gladly recommend it as a good local course!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The course is well maintained

Had an excellent round and was able to pair up from one to three to four players to keep the day moving. Played in less than 4 hours. Pro shop was well informed and maintained great playing condition.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Illinois Advisor

An Interesting Layout and Overall Great Golf Experience

Have played Bartlett Hills many times now from Early Spring to Early Winter and all in all, Bartlett Hills offers a consistently solid golf experience that me and all of my golfing friends enjoy. Pace of play can be an issue on certain days and on weekends but nothing remotely close to what I've seen at other locations where we have endured 5.5 hour rounds in blazing heat. Our last round here took 4:20 on a beautiful Friday afternoon on a fully packed course and it was thoroughly enjoyable even with the occasional delay.

The round begins with a nice chipping/putting practice green and a driving range which faces north (as all driving ranges should as it significantly reduces glare and improve your ability to see the ball. Course conditions were quite good for this time of year. The greens were holding approach shots very well and the ball was rolling consistently and true.

I like how the first three holes at Bartlett Hill slap you awake. #1 is an uphill approach to a green surface you cannot see. #2 is a risk/reward - hard dog right followed by another uphill approach to a relatively small green with a surface that you cannot see.# 3 is the longest Par 3 on the course (200+ yards) that often plays with a cross wind. It's a no frills, no-nonsense hole. Either you can hit it long and straight and close and make this work or you will be scrambling for Par.

This is why I like to get to Bartlett Hills early because if you aren't warmed up and lined up and ready for difficulty, then your in for a battle from the start getting a clean start on your round.

The Course Architect created a very nice separation of holes around most of the course and worked brilliantly with the natural slope of the terrain. With just a few exceptions. There is very little "back and forth" with one fairway directly beside the next fairway and where it is, there are enough trees to block out that feeling. I appreciate how the course meanders inside the property then out, then in and out and then in again with a Par 5, Par 4, Par 3 finish. I can't think of any course that finishes this way and it's a fun way to wrap up a round. Every now and then you might hear from the peanut gallery of observers on the patio at the 19th hole which overlooks #18. Hopefully they are cheers for a great shot at the end of another great round.

I should add that before the round the starter was informative and agreeable. The Ranger made his way around and we felt he was there if we needed him. Staff everywhere was kind and courteous.The Clubhouse is comfortable and offers most everything we hope for before, during, and after a round.

Thank you to Bartlett Hills for providing a quality golf experience. We look forward to returning again and again.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

A really great course, a very enjoyable experience.

Not many know, but this course is almost 100 years old. Also, this course is one of those in the Chicago area, where men qualify for PGA status. Need I say more about This course.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Never Again

As a 3-some we were stuck behind a 5-some and waiting for every shot starting at the second hole. No intentions to let us play through so I asked the starter after 9 holes. He yelled at me and told me that pace of play is ok - we ended up playing 4,5 hrs, not sure how that is fair ignoring the fact that most courses don't allow 5-somes or would do something to improve pace, not so at Bartlett.
Since there are enough good courses in the area, I'll never play at Bartlett Hills again

Commented on 08/19/2019

I've told the starter how to improve the situation. Therefore I've nothing to add other than the way the situation was handled was unprofessional hence there won't be a next visit...

Commented on 08/19/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

I'd do Bartlett Hills again

I remember playing this course with my dad growing up and it caught my eye, just like it still does today.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bartlett Hills Golf Club and that it still catches your eye. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great experience

I was visiting the area from Texas and picked this course based on other reviews. I booked an 8:08 tee time and showed up to the course around 7:30. The pro shop staff were attentive and helpful. While on the practice putting green the starter informed me our 4some could go off early if ready (always nice when that happens). The course is in good shape. Nice flat tee boxes, fairways are well taken care off. Greens were rolling well, but did have a lot of old ball marks that people didn't fix. This didn't effect any our groups play. Routing was fun, and welcoming to walkers. I didn't walk but if I played again I would, Finished the day with a beer on the patio overlooking the 18th. This course is all you could ask for out of a public course!

Commented on 08/15/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town for another 5-star experience!

Fun course- slow play

Friday with perfect weather- nice layout that you get what you see with no real tricks or surprises. Only real complaint was the pace of play. It was a 5 hour round.

Commented on 08/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Disappointing

I am not sure, but I guess the 2 gentlemen in the Pro shop were having a very bad morning. Extremely unfriendly. I guess that myself and my golf partner was an imposition to them that morning. Sadly enough saw one of the Pro shop gentlemen when we finished our round in the bar and was never acknowledged for over 7 minutes. I guess they do not want new players from Palatine. Eddie "O" was fantastic !!!!! Maybe he should be in the Pro Shop !!!!!!

Commented on 08/12/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We would like the chance to learn more about your time. Please reach out to us at 630.837.2741 and ask for Phil. Thank you for playing *[Course Name]*. We hope to speak to you soon!

Two golfers introduced to Bartlett Hills.

I brought two golfers with me that had not played Bartlett Hills before. Both enjoyed the course and said they will play it again. The course is in good shape and quite picturesque. The fairways and greens are in good shape. The rough is short enough to be able to find your ball - something that can't be said for another local course I play.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Bartlett Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Slow ,slower.sloweest

Very nice course. Great layout. Pace of play was awful. 6 hours on a Friday afternoon. No rangers on course to keep play moving. The pace took away from the entire experience.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 07/09/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Commented on 07/09/2019

Great! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi Dan1967. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bartlett, Illinois