Orchards Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Championship 71 6787 yards 72.2 126
Orange 71 3572 yards N/A N/A

The Orchards Golf Club in Belleville offers an 18-hole championship course designed by Belleville native and former Masters winner Bob Goalby. With four sets of tees, the course appeals to a wide range of skill levels. The layout starts out with a gentler front nine where you won’t find any doglegs on the first six holes but as you move towards the back nine, the course gets more challenging. The golf course has an interesting and diverse mix of holes, with the seventh through the 14th being a particularly notable stretch. You’ll have to contend with abundant out-of-bounds and both water and sand come into play often. In addition to the golf course, the Orchards G.C. boasts a multi-level driving range as well as a large practice putting green with a sand bunker.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals junior golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries

"The Orchards"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

The Orchards is a great little course with a real fun layout. Course is in good shape with the only thing I would have liked were the greens to be a little faster, although with the elephants buried under some.....what's the expression...be careful what you wish for!

"Excellent experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

The tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in great shape. Service was above average in the clubhouse and I was pleasantly surprised there was a refreshment cart out.

Commented on 05/24/2018

Thank you for your great review. We are glad you had a great experience with us. Come back and see us again real soon!

"Hazards"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Has a lot of hazards. IE: Houses, Water, Rough.

Course is spread out thru the Subdivision.

Commented on 05/05/2018

Thanks for the review, we hope to see you back out again real soon!

"orchard1"

tniederkorn's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

very windy that day.

most fairways have areas that are grassless.

Will be a challenge for the grounds crew to get even growth this year.

Commented on 05/05/2018

Thanks for coming out and braving the wind. We definitely have a few areas that we are working on in our fairways, but we are confident the course will be great all year long. Thanks again, and we hope to see you on the first tee again very soon!

Thesmoke's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thanks for the great review! Hopefully the weather will allow us to play some over the winter and you can come back out! Happy Holidays!

"Poor Conditions!!!"

Kycat56's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

Tees bad shape some not even cut, fairways horrible you can't play the ball down and the greens are slow with many patches and obstacles on them! Sand traps not maintained. They do have a course marshal riding around hawking balls! I'm going to wait till next spring before I any think about playing this course!!

Commented on 10/12/2017

Kycat56, sorry to hear you had a poor experience on Sunday. We are working on improving our fairways. We are aware that they do have some spots that are tough if you are playing the ball down. The greens may have been a bit on the slower side, but there is only 1 green that has any "patches and obstacles" on it. We have added some new sod to that green to improve its conditions. We are also working on the sand traps. We are in the process of removing some of them, and we apologize if they weren't in as good of conditions as you would have liked.

As for our marshals riding around hawking balls. That is inexcusable. We will make sure that will not be happening in the future. They have a presence on the course to help our customers have a more enjoyable experience. They are there to help the golfers, not keep their own golf bags stocked. We would love to talk to you more about your experience. If you'd like to give us a call, please do at (618) 233-8921 and we can discuss making your next trip to The Orchards a better one.

"Playing in a sand castle"

matt6777806's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Greens were more sand than grass and nothing was said at the time tee time was made

Commented on 09/19/2017

Matt, we are very sorry nothing was mentioned to you about the recent aerification of the greens. As you know, punching and sanding the greens is a necessary evil in the golf business. We will do a better job of informing customers in the future, and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your round, and come back to see us again soon.

Deitz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

Commented on 09/15/2017

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again real soon!

"Wow Impressive!! Hidden gem.."

Chris9087922's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Very sorry it took me so long to try out Orchards! The course shows some wear & tear, but it well designed and the greens are cool and challenging. I'll definitely go back.

Commented on 09/01/2017

Thanks for your review, Chris. We are very happy that you enjoyed your round the other day. We are in the process of improving the fairways in some of those wear and tear spots, but we are pleased in the direction we are headed.

Thanks for coming out. We hope to see you again soon!

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Good overall course, good variety of holes and distances

Commented on 09/01/2017

Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy you enjoyed the course and we hope to see you out on the links again real soon!

"In Good Shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Been going to this course off and on for years and this is the best it has looked in years. Some fairways still have some bare spots (#'s 4 and 5). And #8 green is a little rough.

Commented on 08/23/2017

Thank you so much for the kind words about the course. We are working very hard to get it back into the shape that everyone expects. We hope to see you again very soon.

Scotcheroo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Commented on 08/23/2017

Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our course. Thanks for playing, and we hope to see you soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Commented on 08/23/2017

Thank you for taking time to review our course. We are sorry, that the pace of play was not as speedy as you would have liked. We will try our best to make sure it is a better experience the next time you are out. Thanks for playing, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Decent Course, Solid Layout, Greens were OK, not the best."

Godsword's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Lots of variety, a solid layout with length and finesse holes. Conditioning was not the best I have seen, but I won't argue for the price I paid as a Hot Deal on Golf now. Bunkers were really just raked dirt, they certainly were not sand. Greens were slow and a little ragged in spots. But they were consistent in speed. Driving range was a cow pasture, no grass to speak of. All that being said, the layout makes the course. You will hit every club in the bag, and need to manage the course to score well.

Commented on 06/30/2017

Thanks for your review, we are in the process of improving our sand traps. We do apologize that they are not in the best shape. We are always working to improve the overall shape of the course, we hope you enjoyed your round with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

"Big Mixup through GolfNow and course"

Senior71's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Got a t-time on line through Golf Now for 8:24 but when I showed up at course a very rude staffer said there was a mistake through Golf Now because the course had a tournament set to start and we had to GET OFF the course by 12 noon when the tournament started. Why I didn't get notified before this I don't know. Our group was only 3 golfers and we were finished by 11:30 am. But to be told in such a rude way was uncalled for. Then when I got home I had a email saying my t-time was rescheduled to 7:33 and it was sent to after we started. Sounds like poor management to me.

Commented on 06/12/2017

We are very sorry to hear that GolfNow messed up your tee time. Our new point of sale system, TeeSnap is great, but GolfNow doesn't integrate with their online tee sheet. GolfNow decided to ignore the Hot Deal tee times we have designated for them to use, and this would have all been avoided had GolfNow been using the proper tee times that were given to them. That being said, we hope that you enjoyed your round, and that you come back to see us very soon. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for playing The Orchards.

"Great deal"

william9450970's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

I played 18 solo.2hours 15 minutes.got a hot deal on golf now. Very happy about that. As for course it was in better shape than I have seen it a couple of years. The fairways are coming nicely. The greens were firm and fast. But still would hold shot into green. Bunkers were raked but not enough sand in them. Overall very pleased with the progress they have maid. I will be back often.

Commented on 05/15/2017

Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you soon!

"Poor Tee Sheet Management"

Tony2383875's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

The course was/is a fun place to play. It is obvious the course staff works hard to maintain a quality venue and pleasing experience. On this occasion, however, we left the course with distaste for the outing. We booked our tee time through GolfNow for a 1:49 p.m. start for 18 holes. At 5:00 (with 3 holes left to play) we were asked to leave the course due to a full-course shotgun-start league. The tee time should have never been offered or the scheduling made clear prior to purchase.

Commented on 04/21/2017

Tony, we are very sorry that you didn't get to finish your round today. You are correct that the tee time should not have been offered at that time. That was a mix up and won't happen again. We hope you come back and see us again soon.

"very good"

jwdenv's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

There was one green that was kind of chewed up but it looked like it was under repair. Besides that everything else was more than satisfactory! I had a very enjoyable round and the greens and fairways I would give 4.5/5 stars besides the one green. Got it on a hot deal for $17 including fees and was very happy.

twrchf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 04/16/2017

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again real soon.

"Pricing"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Pricing wasn't what was advertised on line.

The course charged us five dollars each more than we were confirmed on the GolfNow site. They said the price change because it's Spring! We booked three days prior.

Commented on 04/16/2017

@u000002582655 We are very sorry to hear about this mix up in your pricing. We would love to try and make your next experience at The Orchards a more pleasurable one. Please email us at info@orchardsgolfclub.com with any other questions or comments.