Blackhawk Trace Golf Club at Indian Lakes Resort - Highland Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Collared shirts, no jeans.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Black 36 3449 yards N/A N/A
Gold 36 3208 yards N/A N/A
White 36 2889 yards N/A N/A
Red 36 2500 yards N/A N/A

Location is in the 'burbs at a resort worth the drive   Great for locals seniors a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining

"a nice clean course"

pleaseletmein's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016

wide open course and challenging

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 11/09/2016:

Thank you pleaseletmein for your 4-star review and comments. We verry happy you found the course to be challenging and wide open. We hope you will continue to come back and play at Indian Lakes Resort here in Bloomingdale, Illinois again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hilton-chicago-indian-lakes-resort-ORDILHF/golf/index.html

"Indian Lakes"

guapolara's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016

This is our favorite course to play and we're beyond sad that it will be closing after this year. We were married here and were so happy with all of the different activities that you could do while being there. I can't believe that they couldn't keep at least the Island nine for some golf. If you've never played this course, you better get on it before it closes forever.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 10/27/2016:

Thank you guapolara for your 5-star review and feedback. We are so happy you were able to play one last round with us. We hope you will continue to come back and play at Indian Lakes Resort here in Bloomingdale, Illinois again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hilton-chicago-indian-lakes-resort-ORDILHF/golf/index.html

"challenging pin placements"

John7290038's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We played from the gold tees and it brought the fairway bunkers into play on many holes, which was a good challenge.

The greens are large but have tough slopes and layers. When we played, the pin placements were tough. Close to the front, on a slope, etc.

It was a good/fun round.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 10/14/2016:

Thank you John for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and are very pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again soon!

"Great condition in rain"

Albert7974356's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2016

We played yesterday in rainy weather after a few days of heavy rain. Course was in great condition with no restrictions. Greens were fast and true. Sorry it's scheduled to close.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 10/04/2016:

Thank you Albert for your review and feedback of Indian Lakes Resort. We are so happy you enjoyed the course and conditions regardless of the heavy rain a few days earlier. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Course in GREAT shape!"

Alfred3861559's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016

Blackhawk Trace is always a treat & was again. Fairways were lush, rough was not overly penal, and greens are challenging, with multiple tiers and pronounced undulations. Course is beautifully designed and pleasing to the eye.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 10/04/2016:

Thank you Alfred for your review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and are so happy you find the course to be beautifully designed. Please come back and see us again soon as we would love to have you back!

"Sad to hear the course is closing at the end of this year"

leekaya's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

Course has a good variety of layouts, undulations, and hazard placement. Greens and bunkers are in good shape. There are three 9-hole courses to combine together into a variety of an 18-hole round. We completed our round in 4-hours on a weekend. Staff are cordial and laid back, but no beverage cart service or Rangers.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 10/04/2016:

Thank you leekaya for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are so happy you had great time and enjoyed the layout. Please let us know if you need anything while you are here and come back and see us again soon!

"Nice Course, shame to tear is down for more condos"

jrgroom's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Good course, conditions were above average and I found the staff to be very accommodating. I played this on the last day of a business trip before my flight ion a Thursday morning. Pace of play was 4 hour on a Thursday morning. After my round, one of the locals told me that they were going to tear the course down for some new condos. The course is nothing spectacular but a nice track, really a shame to see it destroyed so some millennial can live in a 750K studio that he cant afford.

Response from Indian Lakes Resort on 11/09/2016:

Thank you jrgroom for your 4-star review and feedback. We verry happy you were able to play a good round and our staff was helpful. We hope you will continue to come back and play at Indian Lakes Resort here in Bloomingdale, Illinois again. Book your next tee time quick and easy here at http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hilton-chicago-indian-lakes-resort-ORDILHF/golf/index.html

"Course and staff"

DaveSokolowski's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016

I had a good time on this round. The friendly staff and the great condition of the course only added to the days enjoyment. I was sorry to hear that the course may be closing for good at the end of December of the 2016 season. I hope that doesn't happen.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you DaveSokolowski for your review and feedback. We are so happy you had a great time on the course and enjoyed your round. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and please come back and see us again very soon!

"Fun day as I had the course to myself!"

tldee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2016

Wit the threat of rain I took a chance and played out at Blackhawk Trace. The rain held off and I had the course to myself. I left the house and was home within 3 hours! That's awesome whenever you can play a round that fast.

With all the rain the day before there were no restrictions on carts which was really nice. The course was in great shape. The grounds crew would stop their machines so I could take my shot which doesn't happen at every course.

I can't believe that the course is for sale. If only I could afford the purchase price I'd buy this track in a heart beat. I've only found this course recently and it's a shame it may not be there next year.

Commented on 09/02/2016

Thank you tidee for your review and 5-stars. We are so happy you came out to play with us and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Greens by the hole were choppy"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2016

Play was slow -greens were choppy by the holes

Commented on 09/02/2016

Thank you for your review and 3-stars. We are so happy you came out to play with us and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for the slow play and we are always monitoring to make for a pleasurable golfing experience for everyone. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"support your local couse"

mpg2001's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Hey, this is a really good course. To be honest, they are having a few problems with their bunkers; but every course in Chicago is having the same problem because of the amount of rain we've had. Greens are very good, unless the pinheads in front of you don't fix their ball marks (which they don't everywhere).

so get out and support this course. All the golf courses are challenged economically because of the U.S's. shifting demographics . The courses need us!

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thank you for the review and 4-stars. We are so happy you had a good time on the golf course and hope that you will continue to golf with us throughout the seasons. It can be difficult to have everyone fix their ball marks, but we try to maintain the course the best we can. Come back and see us again soon!

"A fun golf course with plenty of room off the tees."

golfdealseeker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2016

Played this on a golf now online rate. They have 27 holes and I played the woodlands/island golf set up. Fairly generous fairways and the golf course is pretty straight forward, no hidden water of traps. They had nice GPS units on the carts that provided accurate yardages to both pin and showed hole layouts and yardages to bunkers water carries and other useful things.

Greens were ok ( some folks in groups ahead did not repair divots and pitch marks).

The had a starter but I did not see a ranger out on the course and pace of play was slowed on my second 9 due to some first time golfers playing in a scramble format that did not understand golf ediquett which put a damper on what was a wonderful afternoon.

I would play again, fair reasonably priced track.

Commented on 08/12/2016

Thank you golfdealseeker for your review and 4-stars. We are so happy you had a great time. We are always monitoring pace of place and we apologize for the slower golfers in front of you. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope to see you again soon!

"Indian Lakes"

Grant5280453's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016

Good thing that course is going under. Sucked. Could be nice if someone bought and pumped money into but it's sad it's going under.

Played for 30 bucks so I would go back for that cost but anything more than that would be a rip off. Being in the bulldozers.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you Grant for the review and feedback. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Play while you can"

Drumst6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

After a practice round for a tournament this weekend ,I have to say the greens are very slow. Course was in great shape. They are closing this property at the end of the seasaon so play while you can. The hotel looks like it needs a lot of work done so don't worry its being removed.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you Drumst6 for the review and feedback. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back soon!

"The course needs work"

Alan6297102's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2016

The course needs work especially the bunkers. Half way food stand was closed.One cart girl for 27 holes when the temp was 90.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you Alan for the review and feedback. With your feedback we are able to continue to make improvements to the golf course. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Always a good experience"

uCZMT1844CZ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016

I don't play this course as often as I would like, and I should try to get out there more often. The fairways are in great shape, as are the greens. Tricky pin placements made you think carefully about your putts. Despite and outing in front of us, our pace of play was very good. Some of The bunkers could use a little attention as there was netting material exposed, but most had plenty of sand and were playable. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting a challenging experience and who would enjoy the beauty of the layout and grounds.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you so much for the review and 4-stars. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Great place"

wgarza75's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016

Awesome course for the money well kept and long enough

Commented on 08/12/2016

Thank you wgarza75 for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and hope that you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again soon!

"Good Value"

Sam5773357's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2016

Course was in good condition. Greens rolled true but were a bit too slow for my liking. Pace of play was great. Had 2 foursomes and a twosome in front of us and played in 3:20(we were a threeaome)

Staff was friendly. At $26 hot deal a great value

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you Sam for the review and feedback. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Pretty Good"

Powers1's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

GPS on the carts worked very well. Some longer doglegs where its hard to see exactly where the green is-but the gps helps. Many trees right off the fairway. Big greens with a lot of slope, when we played all the pins were within 5-10 feet of the edge of the green. Some greens had many divots that weren't repaired.

Commented on 06/24/2016

Thanks for the feedback! We are always working on improving out course so every review helps! Hope to see you again soon!

"Fun course"

afzalishrat's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2016

It's not too easy or too difficult enjoyable course

Commented on 06/24/2016

Glad we could give you a bit of a challenge! Thanks for playing with us!