Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island

Year Built 1994
Architect Porter Gibson

Clubs No

REALLY SLOW

Had a 6:52 am tee time on Memorial Day hoping we could beat some of the rush. Was not able to tee off until 7:15 because there was no starter and the clubhouse let two foursomes with tee times after 7:30 start ahead of us.
Had to wait at every tee box thereafter. Great course if you have 5 and a half hours and don’t mind starting half an hour after your tee time.

Response from on 06/05/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great value!

I caught a hot deal on GolfNow and played this course for $14. The greens were excellent. Hole 10 is under repair, but the rest of the course is solid.

Response from on 05/18/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.
Plays Twice a year
Response from on 05/04/2018:
Hi. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from on 04/25/2018:
Hello. Thanks for the review. We're sorry that the course conditions weren't to your standards. We are confident that conditions will improve as the weather warms up. Please visit us again.

Great value for the money.

Greens and sand traps in great shape. Fairways need work; there was evidence of ongoing work on course. Great value for the money. Will be back.

Response from on 04/15/2018:
Thanks so much for choosing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course. Please come see us again soon!

The course was in great shape even though it was raining lightly for half the round. Warm enough for 11/2 to enjoy a fall round of golf in Chicago!

Response from on 11/09/2017:

Fun course for the price

I golf frequently and play decent at times - roughly a 16 handicap...just to paint a picture of the type of golfer reviewing this course.

All in all the course met my expectations for the price I paid (under 30 to ride 18).

Cons:
-Course has some rough spots - nothing too bad, but some rough/muddy patches and worn out tee boxes or greens - all playable though
-a few holes play at each other so on a busier day I imagine you would hear "fore" a lot

Pros:
- i really liked they had a driving range at the course...it wasn't anything fancy but it's nice to have some warm up shots before u begin
- course had some fun and unique holes - a few water shots and twists and bends
- the price is right , especially if u can find an online deal.
- pace of play was quick on Columbus Day, not sure how it plays on weekends

Overall you'll get what u pay for here. It's a fun course that has more openness and easier holes, especially off the tee, but will also present some challenges.

Response from on 10/13/2017:
Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the driving range, course challenges, price, and pace of play. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our rough spots, tee boxes, and busier place on your visit are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island. We hope to see you again soon!

Good but need to get people to repair ball marks

Overall I had a great time playing here. The only real complaint I could voice about it is that there were a lot of ball marks on the greens that hadn’t been repaired. The greens were very receptive and soft but rolled pretty quick. Be advised that most of the holes have a blind drive. You’ve got to either know the course well or use a good gps. Also I had to be careful to wait long enough for people ahead of me to move out of the landing zones before I hit.

Response from on 10/12/2017:
Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the greens from their heavy play this season. While we hope all golfers observe a certain etiquette during their rounds, that is not always the case. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the other course conditions, staff, and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

Stellar Course

Great course. Good, open layout, well maintained, nice hills, good pace. Unlike other courses in Chicago, holes where someone who drives 270-280 can actually hit driver without worrying about water, doglegs, etc. made for shorter hitters. Really some of the most fun I’ve had playing golf in Chicago.

Response from on 10/10/2017:
Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.
Response from on 09/28/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.
Response from on 09/27/2017:
Hello, Jason. Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, we hope to see you again soon.

Good shape

Shot 78 and im a 6.3 index and the course was in great shape every mistake i made was definately not the greens or the grass, great course from the tips.
White....unless ur a 15+ play blue three of four par threes were 200+ with the biggest at 235 yrds, really goid shape for the value and challenge was fast play if ur into gimmies and rushing off the course but had a grwat round.

Response from on 09/25/2017:
Hello, Daniel.We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.

Enjoyed It!

This was my second time playing this course and I really enjoyed it!

Response from on 09/14/2017:
Hello, Adron. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

BLK

A hidden jem. Great and easy course. The wait was long as many beginners and not familiar with course etiquette; however, the rangers did a good job moving them along. Will play again

Response from on 09/14/2017:
Hi, Bich-Lien. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.
Response from on 09/08/2017:
Hello, Dennis. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

Average course

Average course tease and greens were in good condition for this time of year fairways were a big chunky big spots with nothing but dirt I did enjoyed my round.

Response from on 09/05/2017:
Hello, Anthony.We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

Good value for your money.

We golf this course numerous times a year and it is always in good shape. This time the rough was a little longer.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
Hello, Victor. Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 08/01/2017:

Solid fun

Course is in great shape. With a little but of work you can find open times that allow you to play wide open. Definitely worth the money. Bar and staff too notch

Response from on 07/24/2017:
Hi, Jonathan. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

Hidden Gem

I played here yesterday and I must say the course is in AWESOME condition. This was the 1st course I ever played when I started golfing years ago and I was anxious to return after not playing it for about 4 years. The greens were as good as you can get them, the fairways were rolling and I played 18 holes in 2hrs and 30 minutes. Glad to say I shot 13 straight pars to start my round before a stupid double bogey, bogey, birdie, par and 3 putt bogey. 74 coulda easily been under par but due to the rain the green were just a tad slower than expected on some putts. After the round I went in and got some food and tried the Blue Island beer (very delicious). Overall a great time and I will definitely be back.

Response from on 07/17/2017:
Hello, Michael. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your return visit after all these years. We pride ourselves on improving every day and are happy to see that you got to enjoy 4 years of hard work paying off. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for playing The Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island.
Alsip, Illinois
Worth, Illinois
Palos Hills, Illinois
Palos Heights, Illinois

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.