Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island

Year Built 1994
Architect Porter Gibson

Clubs No

Great Value for a Decent Track

Fairly wide open layout is great for those who tend to spray it around off the tee. Fairways and greens are generally in decent condition. Pace of play for a public course on the weekends is pretty good. Given the relatively low cost its a great value outside of the city.

Response from on 10/24/2016:
So glad you saw the value in playing here at Meadows GC! Thanks for enjoying our course and glad you loved the layout!

Great value

This is probably the best deal of any course near the city. 30-40 minute drive, 18 holes with cart for around $25, and a legit par 71 with some length. The pace of play isn't great due to groups of 2 not being put in foursomes, but otherwise not a single complaint. Some advice, stay on the fairway!!! The rough is brutal.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thanks so much for the review! We're happy to hear you got a great deal playing here! Come back and see us.

Good Value Weekend Course

We have had a permanent tee time at The Meadows for 5 years now. And though it is not Mistwood, Cantigny or Bollingbrook it is a nice fun course with good greens. For the average weekend golfer I believe this course fits the bill for playability and overall enjoyment at a great value. We play early and the pace of play is usually very good. Teddy the young man who works there is courteous and always asking the golfers for their input. The rest of the staff is great as well.
Betty the manager has done a good job upgrading the sand traps. For those who say the course is to easy, I say congrats on paring it.
Terry R

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thanks Terry! So happy to hear you enjoy the course, thanks for your loyalty and we are glad we can provide a great experience year after year.

Great hot deal!

Nothing fancy about this place but the greens were in pretty good shape. Definitely worth the $10 hot deal I found. Pace was great, played in under 4 hours and staff was friendly.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Glad you found a good deal. Hope to see you again soon!

Good course for the money

Grass just mowed clumps of grass everywhere. Trees down cut up but branches everywhere from the storm. Ruff very thick. You must hit the fairway to have a chance at par. Links course but narrow fairways. 10-12$ is good price. I will play again.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Come back soon! Glad you enjoyed the course beside some of the hiccups from the storm. Clean up time!

Good Course for the Price

Played any early morning round and was able to complete the round in a little over 3 hours. Straight forward links style layout with enough water to keep you honest. The greens were in great shape but a few fairways seen better days, but staff said they are working to improve that. Would play here again because it is one of the better golf values in the Chicago area.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Excellent! We're so happy to hear it, come back again real soon. Happy to hear the pace of play was on par.

Good Value

Played this course for the first time yesterday. The course was in good condition and the greens were very good too, for a public course. Not an extremely difficult course, but fun to play. Great value for the price.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Glad you had fun at Meadows Golf Club!

Slow Slow Slow

Didn't mind playing here, besides the unavoidable backups on every tee box. Was a holiday weekend, but regardless, pushing 6 hours to finish 18 holes - while every group on the course was using a golf cart - is kind of ridiculous. This was my first time playing this course, and the course conditions were pretty good. Some unattended ball marks, but with it being busy, that is expected at a busy course. Unless you can find it on golfnow for under $25, don't waste your time.

Commented on 09/08/2016

Thanks for leaving your feedback We regret to hear the pace of play was a little slow on your round. We do hope you come back and enjoy another round soon.

Slow...

Had a 11:08 tee time and because they decided to run an outing off the back they tried to get players making the turn and starting tee times off simultaneously it was a mess. For a single, I didn't get off the first tee until 11:40. Ridiculous! Course is rough shape. Greens seemed to be dyed green not sure though but they do roll true. Easy layout. I wouldn't spend more than $20 on this course.

darkcmt21 -

We would like to thank you for choosing to play your round with us! We greatly value your opinion of us and are sad to hear that your experience with us was anything but extraordinary. As we are always striving to improve upon our golfers overall experience here, we will use your feedback to address the issues that you brought up. We hope that this didn't totally damage our reputation with you and wish that you would come back again so that we can provide you with the very best experience! We apologize again.

Sincerely,
Meadows Blue GC Management

golf course with good greens

I like the greens and good course with challenging slopes

rdangoy30,

We are thrilled to hear that you like the course and had a great time playing it. Please come back again very soon!!

All the best,
Meadows GC Management

Decent track, worth $40

Meadows is a decent public course, about exactly what you would expect for the price and the location (so close to the city).

The greens are pretty slow but in solid condition, there are small areas in some fairways that are in terrible shape. But overall, it's in decent condition.

The layout is nice - there are a number of blind teeshots and several holes that make you think.

I'll definitely be back if I can get it on GolfNow for $40 or less on a weekend but definitely not worth playing for ore $$$.

eldanomcmano -

Thank you for playing your last round with us! We greatly appreciate your patronage and value your opinion of us. We are pleased to hear that you like the course and had a great time with us! We look forward to your next round with us and appreciate the review.

Best Regards,
Meadows GC Management

Slow round, course was ok.

Saturday golf. Slow slow slow. Waiting 10-20 minutes between sinking a putt and teeing off the next hole.

Greens were punched and not sanded, which made for interesting, bumpy putts. Second cut was pretty rough. Lost a few balls a few feet off the fairway.

Course layout was pretty nice. A few challenging holes, a few cakewalks. Staff all seemed really nice.

Commented on 06/23/2016

Is a poor pace-of-play standard here? I booked a tee time at 9:48 for Saturday, but I can't afford to do a 5+ hour round.

Commented on 06/02/2016

We are so sorry for the slow pace of play during your round. We hope this did not negatively influence your experience on our course.Thank you for your feedback, we do hope you come back to play again.

Good value

This was the first nice day so the course was crowded. However the pace was pretty good. Greens were too slow but it's only April.

Commented on 04/18/2016

Thanks for playing at Meadows Golf Club ! We're really glad you came out especially this early in the season. Hope to see you lots more this season!

Good course

This is nice wide open course. Greens semi undulated rolling rather slow. Few observations:

1. No cheap par 3's
2. Plenty of blind tees shots
3. Reachable par 5's
4. No mature trees
5. Very good hot dogs

Enjoy your round and stop blaming the clubs, the greens, the weather, the people in front and behind you..........only one person make you play bad

Commented on 03/25/2016

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy you made the most of your experience and enjoyed playing Meadows GC, thanks for the observations listed, great tip for new golfers to the course. See you again soon!

Good Practice Course

First time playing this course. I paid only $10 on golfnow. It was in good shape for the beginning of November. The starter let me go off on the back since I was a single. It worked out great. The pace was great. I ended up joining up with another single and still finished 18 in right around 3 hours. Would play again.

Commented on 12/08/2015

That's awesome! Thank you for leaving your review on The Meadows GC we appreciate your feedback. So happy to hear your round was enjoyable and it worked out perfectly for you. We can't wait to see you back again!

The Meadows Golf Club

It's a reasonably priced course with some blind tee shots and sloped greens. There mounds of fescue thru out the course. The only thing that I would like to see improved are the sand traps. There are more pebbles and stones than sand!

Commented on 12/08/2015

We'll take that suggestion to our staff and crews, thank you for looking out for us! We appreciate the feedback and glad you loved the challenge too. See you back at The Meadows soon!

Good time, as always

I've been playing here for years and the price, course conditions and friendly staff never disappoint, and today was no exception. The course was in great shape for the middle of October, fairways in good shape, greens rolling true, and new tee boxes were being constructed, which bodes well for next season.

Commented on 12/08/2015

Very cool! We're so glad to hear the course and the friendly staff made your round a memorable one. We hope to see you real soon at The Meadows GC!

Great course!

Great course! Good level of difficulty! Slow pace though, however it was cold and windy out.

Commented on 12/08/2015

Awesome! So glad you made it out to The Meadows GC for your round. We hope to see you again once the weather improves. Thanks for playing!

Lots of hidden shots

Outside of the dry spots in the fairway, good course for the money.

Commented on 12/08/2015

Excellent! We're happy to hear you found good value in playing here, we look foward to seeing you on your next round at The Meadows!

tjak

nice course. been avoiding it for a couple years. will not be long b4 I play here again.

Commented on 12/08/2015

Hi tjak, thanks for leaving your review on The Meadows! We look forward to seeing you back here for you next round. Come back and see us soon!

Alsip, Illinois
Worth, Illinois
Palos Hills, Illinois
Palos Heights, Illinois

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.