Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island

Year Built 1994
Architect Porter Gibson

Clubs No

Decent track, worth $40

Meadows is a decent public course, about exactly what you would expect for the price and the location (so close to the city).

The greens are pretty slow but in solid condition, there are small areas in some fairways that are in terrible shape. But overall, it's in decent condition.

The layout is nice - there are a number of blind teeshots and several holes that make you think.

I'll definitely be back if I can get it on GolfNow for $40 or less on a weekend but definitely not worth playing for ore $$$.

Commented On 07/07/2016

eldanomcmano -

Thank you for playing your last round with us! We greatly appreciate your patronage and value your opinion of us. We are pleased to hear that you like the course and had a great time with us! We look forward to your next round with us and appreciate the review.

Best Regards,
Meadows GC Management

Slow round, course was ok.

Saturday golf. Slow slow slow. Waiting 10-20 minutes between sinking a putt and teeing off the next hole.

Greens were punched and not sanded, which made for interesting, bumpy putts. Second cut was pretty rough. Lost a few balls a few feet off the fairway.

Course layout was pretty nice. A few challenging holes, a few cakewalks. Staff all seemed really nice.

u000006164134
Commented On 06/23/2016

Is a poor pace-of-play standard here? I booked a tee time at 9:48 for Saturday, but I can't afford to do a 5+ hour round.

Commented On 06/02/2016

We are so sorry for the slow pace of play during your round. We hope this did not negatively influence your experience on our course.Thank you for your feedback, we do hope you come back to play again.

Good value

This was the first nice day so the course was crowded. However the pace was pretty good. Greens were too slow but it's only April.

Commented On 04/18/2016

Thanks for playing at Meadows Golf Club ! We're really glad you came out especially this early in the season. Hope to see you lots more this season!

Good course

This is nice wide open course. Greens semi undulated rolling rather slow. Few observations:

1. No cheap par 3's
2. Plenty of blind tees shots
3. Reachable par 5's
4. No mature trees
5. Very good hot dogs

Enjoy your round and stop blaming the clubs, the greens, the weather, the people in front and behind you..........only one person make you play bad

Commented On 03/25/2016

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy you made the most of your experience and enjoyed playing Meadows GC, thanks for the observations listed, great tip for new golfers to the course. See you again soon!

Good Practice Course

First time playing this course. I paid only $10 on golfnow. It was in good shape for the beginning of November. The starter let me go off on the back since I was a single. It worked out great. The pace was great. I ended up joining up with another single and still finished 18 in right around 3 hours. Would play again.

Commented On 12/08/2015

That's awesome! Thank you for leaving your review on The Meadows GC we appreciate your feedback. So happy to hear your round was enjoyable and it worked out perfectly for you. We can't wait to see you back again!

The Meadows Golf Club

It's a reasonably priced course with some blind tee shots and sloped greens. There mounds of fescue thru out the course. The only thing that I would like to see improved are the sand traps. There are more pebbles and stones than sand!

Commented On 12/08/2015

We'll take that suggestion to our staff and crews, thank you for looking out for us! We appreciate the feedback and glad you loved the challenge too. See you back at The Meadows soon!

Good time, as always

I've been playing here for years and the price, course conditions and friendly staff never disappoint, and today was no exception. The course was in great shape for the middle of October, fairways in good shape, greens rolling true, and new tee boxes were being constructed, which bodes well for next season.

Commented On 12/08/2015

Very cool! We're so glad to hear the course and the friendly staff made your round a memorable one. We hope to see you real soon at The Meadows GC!

Great course!

Great course! Good level of difficulty! Slow pace though, however it was cold and windy out.

Commented On 12/08/2015

Awesome! So glad you made it out to The Meadows GC for your round. We hope to see you again once the weather improves. Thanks for playing!

Lots of hidden shots

Outside of the dry spots in the fairway, good course for the money.

Commented On 12/08/2015

Excellent! We're happy to hear you found good value in playing here, we look foward to seeing you on your next round at The Meadows!

tjak

nice course. been avoiding it for a couple years. will not be long b4 I play here again.

Commented On 12/08/2015

Hi tjak, thanks for leaving your review on The Meadows! We look forward to seeing you back here for you next round. Come back and see us soon!

Nice course. Very good pace of play. Greens are in excellent shape. Looks like their continually working on the course.

Commented On 09/16/2015

Awesome! Thank you so much for playing at Meadows Golf Club, we are happy to hear the pace of play and the conditions were on point. We look forward to seeing you on your next round here!

Maybe I'm too young to be at their club

I was excited to play at blue island on Monday. Let me start with the course. It's a easy very straight course. No real hidden terrain. The greens all slope away from the hole that's a little irritating but helps work on putting
The rangers were not so nice. Neither were the members. I was starred at by members like they never seen a black woman before and harassed by the rangers. They seemed to follow me to every hole. I'm unsure if I'll play again simply out of spite because I didn't feel welcome. Overall it could have been a really easy day however the clientele of the course needs some up keeping

Commented On 09/16/2015

Thank you for leaving your feedback and review on Meadows Golf Club, it is important to us. We regret to hear that your round was not as enjoyable as it could have been due to the complication you may have experienced at the course. We assure you it is our utmost priority to provide a pleasant and golfer-oriented experience for every one of our golfers. This is not a typical day at Meadows Golf Club and we urge you to come back and let us know while you're here what we can do to make it the best golfing day possible for you and your group - we want you to leave with a smile from ear to ear and we do look forward to serving you. Please send us an email so we can sort something out for you on your next round:

MeadowsBlueIsland@aol.com

ReverettE
Commented On 08/21/2015

Yes, they do have issues there. I used to make this course my practice facility, but not so much now. And the way they have treated one group with standing tee times is totally unacceptable.

Good course for the money

Course was in good condition for such dry conditions in the weeks leading up to it. Greens were very well conditioned and actually saw a guy watering the greens which I've yet to see this year. A lot of blinding tee shots makes it difficult off the tee. Good course would definitely recommend to a friend.

Commented On 09/16/2015

Thank you for playing at Meadows Golf Club! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the conditions and the greens were up to par. Thanks for recommending us and head back over soon!

Sunday Golf

Decent course. Back 9 is nicer than front 9. Lots of slow play and beginners. Rate was good.

Commented On 08/07/2015

Hi Anderson, glad you got to play at Meadows GC thanks for coming out! Happy to hear the back 9 was enjoyable. See you again real soon!

Hole Jumpers

Excellent for the price , just moved from SoCal so were used to playing on dirt. Staff is friendly & attentive - bar n grill offers a nice selection at more than fair $$.
2 things to beware of:
1. if you end up in the uncut rough - do not even attempt to look for your ball - just play a "provisional" or take a mulligan.
2. Hole jumpers - one of the most annoying scenarios is all the sudden having someone right up on you because they are jumping from hole to hole . (usually a single thinking he owns the place)

Commented On 08/07/2015

Thanks for playing at Meadows Golf Club! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the experience, the staff and the bar & grill at a great value! Great advice on the provisional, this might help some golfers. We'll keep an eye for hole jumpers, we do not condone it. Thanks and see you soon!

Meadows Blue Island Golf Club

Decent golf course, solid value. Odd Par 5 on hole 8..it needs to be longer.

Commented On 08/07/2015

Thank you for your review and your feedback is important to us. We are happy to hear you got a great value on your golfing experience at Meadows Golf Club. Hole 8 is an interesting one, we'll let our staff know and get some of their insight on the matter. Hope to see you soon!

Great Value, but Slow Play

For the money, a great course. Fairways, greens and rough were in really good condition. Tee boxes were also in good condition, but a few of the them (2 & 6) were badly sloped and didn't allow for a flat piece of ground to tee of from with where the markers were placed. Pace of play was terrible, 5 hours for a par 71, 6,500 yard (blues) course is unacceptable. There were multiple groups in front of me playing from the blues that couldn't hit their drives past the forward tees and although the staff was friendly, they should have asked the groups to move forward to the white tees and to spend less time on the greens. No point in reading a putt from multiples angles if its for double bogey. I teed off at 8:00 AM and will definitely play the course again, but try getting a tee time closer to 7:00 AM.

Commented On 08/07/2015

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you made it out to Meadows GC for your round of golf and enjoyed the conditions and the value. We have informed our team and staff of the concerns regarding pace of play. We will do everything we can to ensure you have the best round possible on your next visit. Thanks for the feedback and come back and see us!

They put people off the back 9 in the morning

We went off around 8:30 and were able to get the front 9 in under 2 hours even if we were waiting on the groups ahead. By the time we made the turn we realized the club put a bunch of people off the back 9 before us and it took 3.5hrs to play the back. Would not recommend if that is common practice for them, they had an event later that day Which may be the reason they did that, however it's unacceptable to put so many people on the course you wait for 10minutes at every tee box. Don't go here unless you want a 5-6hour round

Commented On 08/07/2015

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback on Meadow Golf Club. We regret to hear about the delay on the course, this is not typical and we hope you return for another round, let us know what we can do on your round to make it the best round possible! Feel free to send us a message so we can sort something out:

MeadowsBlueIsland@aol.com

father s day crowd

Very busy on Father's day, but the staff was great and overall handle things smoothly. A few backups, but the wait wasn't too long. Course was in good shape

Commented On 08/07/2015

Thank you for coming out to play Meadows GC! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Father's Day round at Meadows and the delay wasn't too bad on a typically busy day of golf. We look forward to seeing on your next round!

Good value for the money

Course was in the best shape that I've seen since I started playing there a few years back. Fairways and greens were in top shape. Pace of play was not very good due to a single club member who took it upon himself to jump from hole to hole causing backups on the tee.

Commented On 06/15/2015

Hi there thanks so much for leaving your feedback, we're happy you had a chance to enjoy Meadows GC and our conditions here at the course! Come back again soon we look forward to hosting your day of golf!

Alsip, Illinois
Worth, Illinois
Palos Hills, Illinois
Palos Heights, Illinois

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.