Aspen Ridge Golf Course

"Best in the county"

dhansing's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017
Previously played Walked Wet weather

Please see previous review sent in the last 5 minutes. I added web pages to all courses. DH

"Nice greens"

scottledeux1959's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016

The greens were in great condition , running fast, great value course , will play again

"Beautiful course"

poz444's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2016

Aspen Ridge is a very nice, well keep course. This isn't like your everyday public course. The course was in beautiful shape. Highly recommend playing Aspen Ridge

"Fun Course fast play"

Todd2814007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2016

The greens were in excellent condition!

"Challenging Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

We really enjoyed the greens. True and fast!

"Nice course for beginners"

KimKlockenga's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Greens were nice, flat and a little quick, fairways were a little rough and hard, which was nice for roll, the rough was thin, but that made it easier to hit your ball and find your ball. Fairway go back forth next to each other so you usually have a shot if you spray the ball. I brought my son who doesn't play a lot and the course was set up so he could play well, so we had fun.

"Nice little course"

andrewstrigos's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The course is forgiving for slices and hooks on most holes. The fairways and greens were in fine shape. It is a pleasant course to play and the pace of play is very good.

"GREATEST COUNTRY COURSE in IL."

Healz14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2015

To the Aspen Ridge Mangement,<br/> I play on Sat. in the Chicago Gang. I would like to Praise you for your wonderful hospitality down at "The Ridge" as we like to call it. I want to also praise you Brett and staff on some of the BEST GREENS in the Chicago land area. That includes all Country Clubs. I'm a 6 Handicap #should be a 10# I do know good greens and Aspen Ridge has some of The Best ones around. You get a very smooth but true roll on some very undulatling greens. In my opinion its the hardest 6200 yrd. course you will find around. If you ever get a chance to play it, make sure you stop in and try your luck. I can guarantee you will have a fun day.

Thank You for making my Saturdays a very enjoyable day down at "THE RIDGE"

"Exceptional Value, Great Staff and Enjoyable Course"

DBCGolfer's avatar

Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I run a golf league that has 60 members. We average 28 - 36 golfers per week. The experience level of the golfers that come out range from former PGA players, Club Pro's, to guys out for a day of golf with friends. Needless to say, we know what we are doing on a golf course and have a pretty good idea of what is good and what is not. We have been playing this course exclusively on weekends for the last year and a half. The staff at Aspen Ridge has gone beyond what is expected to make us feel comfortable at the course. Not many courses will call you directly to let you know of any possible condition problems with the course that may affect the playing experience. It could range from aerated greens to moisture conditions, the staff will give us a head's up. There are too many courses out there that just look at you as money walking in the door, this is not the case at "The Ridge". The ranger, Stormy, makes himself available to satisfy any needs that we may have while on the course. Our group does enjoy it's beverages on the course and a quick call to the clubhouse usually results in a quick delivery. While the course may be regarded as short by today's standards, it proves to be a challenge. With the majority of greens being elevated, many shots that hit short do not reach their intended destination. If you hit off to the side, you will most likely find yourself chipping back to the putting surface. Regarding the putting surface, you will not find many straight putts on these greens. The speeds of the greens are exceptional. Many a well struck birdie attempt may leave you with a challenging putt for par. The pin placements offer a challenging day on the greens. The course is generally in fantastic shape. Unfortunately we have had so much rain in the month of June, that the course has taken the brunt of it. Mother Nature has just sent more water than the area courses can contain. This is not the fault of the facility and they are doing their best to ready the course for play each week. This course is a great value and we have never experience any pace of play issues. The average round played by our group takes between 3 1/2 - 4 hours. The rangers have done a great job clearing holes of slower players to insure a good pace of play. If in the area I would highly recommend giving this course a try.

"Enjoyable Course, Great Management"

DBCGolfer's avatar

Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I run a golf league that has 60 members. We average 28 - 36 golfers per week. The experience level of the golfers that come out range from former PGA players, Club Pro's, to guys out for a day of golf with friends. Needless to say, we know what we are doing on a golf course and have a pretty good idea of what is good and what is not. We have been playing this course exclusively on weekends for the last year and a half. The staff at Aspen Ridge has gone beyond what is expected to make us feel comfortable at the course. Not many courses will call you directly to let you know of any possible condition problems with the course that may effect the playing experience. It could range from aerated greens to moisture conditions, the staff will give us a head's up. There are too many courses out there that just look at you as money walking in the door, this is not the case at "The Ridge". The ranger, Stormy, makes himself available to satisfy any needs that we may have while on the course. Our group does enjoy it's beverages on the course and a quick call to the clubhouse usually results in a quick delivery. While the course may be regarded as short by today's standards, it proves to be a challenge. With the majority of greens being elevated, many shots that hit short do not reach their intended destination. If you hit off to the side, you will most likely find yourself chipping back to the putting surface. Regarding the putting surface, you will not find many straight putts on these greens. The speed of the greens are exceptional. Many a well struck birdie attempt may leave you with a challenging putt for par. The pin placements offer a challenging day on the greens. The course is generally in fantastic shape. Unfortunately we have had so much rain in the month of June, that the course has taken the brunt of it. Mother Nature has just sent more water than the area courses can contain. This is not the fault of the facility and they are doing their best to ready the course for play each week. This course is a great value and we have never experience any pace of play issues. The average round played by our group takes between 3 1/2 - 4 hours. The rangers have done a great job clearing holes of slower players to insure a good pace of play. If in the area I would highly recommend giving this course a try

"Very friendly course"

John3334132's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great course for the novice golfer, the course is short which is perfect for the beginner. The course is clean and well maintain. Will be back to play.

"Terrible pace of play"

Nolan2222156's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2015

My brother and I who are decent golfers were stuck behind more than 3 couples and a few who were walking and the ranger wasn't doing anything to help speed of play. Worst experience there.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 06/10/2015

I'm very sorry for your unfortunate experience here at Aspen Ridge. We would like you to contact us offline to make it right and show you a good experience.

"It's worth the trip to Bourbonnais to play this course."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2015

Friendly staff. Course was freshly mowed. Greens are challenge. A great course to work on your game. I would recommend it.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Fantastic Shape"

xlgolfguy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course is in fantastic shape. The greens are challenging and the fairways and rest of course are well maintained.

The staff is friendly, rates are a good value.

We hit a warm up bucket and the driving range which is large has a practice sand trap and nice putting green.

As a twosome the pace of play was good, it was busy, but we moved along. We did play through a foursome with the help of the ranger.

I would recommend this course, we will be back.