Cary Country Club

Year Built 1922
Fairways Blue Grass

Damaged fairways

Played here many times and have never come across such dire conditions. Looked like there were large areas of flooding that has killed the turf. Many, many areas were "Under Repair."

Stay away for a couple months until problem has been remedied.

Response from on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for coming out and leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. Our staff is working hard to keep the course in shape, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us.

Fun in the Sun

The golf course is in great shape and you should head out to Cary Country Club when you can. It is very enjoyable and the greens are in excellent shape. The entire course was in excellent shape.

Don't Let the Drive In Fool You...

While driving in, you're a bit skeptical as to where you may have just booked... as you weave in and out of an older neighborhood and alongside a chain-linked fence - but I assure you, the views once you're out on the course make up for all of it.

The elevation changes are unlike most courses you'll play in Illinois, which makes for a an entirely new experience to most natives around the state.

Overall, I loved the course! It was pretty simplistic and straight forward, so all golfers should feel very invited.

The staff in the Pro Shop and in the Grill were phenomenal. Unfortunately, in terms of food offerings, it was very limited.

I will definitely be back to play again... looking forward to doing so in the fall when all the leaves begin changing colors!

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Nice place to play

I was very pleased with this golf course, it was a nice and pleasant place to play. I will definitely play there again. The only negative is that it was a little shaggy.

Rewards issue

The course is okay.

I booked this tee time and used my reward Promo Code 9BZvjV5K2. How come the total discount is only $2.49 and not $10 as stated in my reward points? I'm confused, how can I get my $10 reward?

Senen Villamor

Response from on 06/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation and redeeming your rewards. It sounds as though you booked your round with us through GolfNow, therefore, these rewards are only applicable towards Hot Deal tee times and convenience fees. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow rewards or GolfNow reservations in the future, please visit https://memberships.golfnow.com/faqs/#5a9049535f0f0 or contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Golf now fee plus fee at the club house were terrible

Response from on 05/03/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Oh Boy

The staff was nice and we took a few pictures on top of a couple scenic bluffs. That’s about it. Poorly maintained, annoying blinds shots, bad greens. The greens are ridiculous. Just about every put was unduly undulating and with “cement “for the surface of all the greens a three footer would run 5 feet past if not more. Our round was not enjoyable. We almost walked off. The course is bad.

Response from on 04/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Cary Country Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course in the Mc Henry County area, and we hope to see you again soon.

good course

cary is always a fun time with nicely kept fairways and great rolling greens. the course is pretty open with its challenges on some holes.

late February golf in Chicageland area

60 degree day end of Feb. no snow on ground . Perfect golf weather . Never played CCC , got a great price on golfnow and tried it out . Course employees were very friendly and accommodating . Course was in great shape considering time of year . Carts were allowed out , which was great , course has many elevated tees and greens . Will definitely go there again , when its warm and green . Will be a scenic course when spring arrives . Thought it was great in Feb , I know it will be that much better in real golf weather

Hidden Gem

I have played here several times. I like the great views and the rolling hills on some of the holes. Course was in great shape and the greens truly rolled. Staff is also very accommodating. I will return

No compensation

No. 3 to 5 holes were closed due to heavy rain previous day. It would be good if I could play other possible 3 holes instead, to play in total 18 holes. There were few people playing in the course.

Illinois Advisor

Pleasant Easy Old Schooler

First time at Cary. Had avoided because it doesn't seem to get too much press and because they routinely charge $50 or more to play on the weekend. This is a $30 to $35 course at the very most. Don't get me wrong it's fun to play with unexpected elevated tee shots and uphill approach shots but it's just not the type of course I'd want to play more than once a year. It's not an overly taxing track for even a mid handicapper...the front nine seems pretty short/sporty but does have 3 Par 5's. Cary CC kind of lulls you to sleep until you reach the finishing holes namely the 14th thru 17th.....16 and 17 play as 420 plus par 4 beasts. Course was in decent shape....they have already micro aerated for the season and the greens were rolling very well most slope back to front typical old school. Appeared to be well maintained even with the flood damage that occurred earlier this summer. No range, no water jugs on the course just water bottles at the 1st and 10th. Dated clubhouse with locker room/showers. Average to above average prices for beverages. All in all we had a nice day and it is a pleasant place.....solid 3 stars....recommended maybe once a year if you can get on for a good price ($31 hot deal was a fair price)....without the hot deal I'll elect to go elsewhere.

Response from on 10/06/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed playing our golf course, specifically the elevated tee shots and uphill approach shots. It also sounds like the greens were in great shape when you played, so we are happy to hear that. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, especially regarding the value of each round. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Chicago area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This course is unique, good value

I like this course. It has a good set up with some very challenging holes, especially the par 3s.

Cary, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.