Cary Country Club

Year Built 1922
Fairways Blue Grass

Height adjustment

Challenging course, definitely coming back to adjust my choice of clubs on the downhill and uphill holes

Lots of elevation

The course layout and scenery are great. The only knock against it is the turf loss on the front nine due to the massive flooding the area received. Easily worth the greens fees without the damage. If I was management, I'd lower the fee, even five dollars (let everyone be know you are doing it) as a goodwill gesture and they would gain me for life as the course is one of the best buys in the area. The greens were in great shape and the elevation changes combined with the beginning of fall colors make for a nice background.

Response from on 09/18/2017:
Hello James, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the front 9 holes may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the course layout with the fall colors adding to the beauty. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Chicago area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cary Country Club

The greens at Cary are running at about an 11 on the stimp. Super fast and great to putt on. People will come when they hear about the greens. You won't find them like this on public courses.

Anonymous

Will be better next year

Played this course for the 2nd time recently. Most of the front 9 fairways are being renovated causing a forward placement drop. This was very aggravating since they still charged full price for half of a course. This course is great when it's normal but until they finish the fairways I will not be playing here nor would I recommend anyone else play there.

Response from on 08/22/2017:
Hello Dan, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with our course, Cary Country Club, in the Chicago area. However, we are glad to see that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the pace of play. Thank you for playing at our course, and we hope to see you again soon when our course is in better shape.
Anonymous

Flood damage

With so much flood damage, there should have been a statement to this effect or warning, prior to booking. Does not seem fair to the course, yet still it would have been a factor in choosing where to play last week.

Response from on 08/16/2017:
Hello Roger, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club, in the Chicago area. We apologize that you were not properly notified of the course conditions before you played. Though, we are happy to see that your round was at a great value and that you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for the 3 star review and we hope to see you again soon.

great old time course ...BUT

great old time course layout, played there many times .....BUT ...... there was a bad flooding of the course from the Fox River couple of weeks ago, and they have several holes where the dead grass from the flood literally takes up acres ...they have those areas flagged off as "ground under repair" I imagine it will be several weeks at least for those areas to heal ....the staff is working on it like crazy , to their credit

Response from on 08/04/2017:
Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club. We are undergoing a tough transition period, which explains our lacking conditions. We are working hard to make improvements, however. We appreciate your understanding and hope to earn your business again soon in the Chicago area.
Response from on 08/01/2017:
Hello Nate, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at Cary Country Club, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Cary Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Awful course conditions and horrible place of play they have no ranger keeping pace of play absolutely a waste of $42. I will not be back

Response from on 08/02/2017:
Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club. We regret to hear that we missed the mark on your visit. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our staff, however! We hope you will give us the chance to earn your business again for a better round.

Dishonest

Went there with a reservation and paid full price, but only nine holes were open because of flooding. They should have told us when we made the reservation that only nine holes were open. Then, I get an email promoting the course knowing that it was still only open for nine holes. I guess they were trying to get another sucker to make a tee time and be disappointed. I won't ever play there again!

Response from on 11/06/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club in the Chicago area. We're very sorry to hear you were unable to play a full round due to course flooding on the day you played, and if we were unable to communicate this in advance. We greatly appreciate your feedback so we may work towards future improvements on this matter. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bad Experience

I have played this course several times and enjoyed it. However, this time we booked a round at full price and when we got there, we found out that only nine holes were open. There had been heavy rain and 9 holes were closed because of flooding. If we had been told when we booked the round, we would have found another course. When we complained to the staff, they just ignored us.

Response from on 10/06/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cary Country Club, in the Chicago area. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience at our course and that you were not notified that only 9 holes were open. Your feedback is appreciated so that we know where to improve our notification process. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Challenging Terrain

If you like alot of hills, valleys and blind shots, this is the course for you.
It's very hilly and sometimes I think the carts won't make it up the hill.

Fun Course, Great Views

Cary is a very fun and scenic course (stunning in the fall)!. It has a lot of elevation and provides decent risk reward opportunities which will appeal to everyone regardless of skill level. It's fair but you still have to make good shots to score well. The rough is very thick so you definitely need to keep it in the fairway. The greens are in excellent condition and are some are extremely challenging due to the slops and pin positions. The staff is always friendly and courteous. I highly recommend the course as I've been playing it for years and have rarely been disappointed.

Fun Time

The course was in fair condition due to the rains over the past week. The problem was there were several holes where the sewage smell was overwhelming. Most of the course was great and well maintained.

Worth the Ride

Cary is long way from Addison so I don't play here too often, but I always enjoy playing this sporty course.

Lovely Little Course

I really favor CCC. Its nestled in a forested area where the wildlife roams free. We have seen a coyote just sunning himself on the fairway and did not seem bothered by us at all. He meandered off after a while and we continued to play. The course is well groomed and is not too difficult for those of us that are rusty due to not being able to play as much as we would like.

Fun course to play

This course won't let you down
Lot of fun to play
Staff is very accommodating

Course is Average

You wanted a review so here it is. Course has a great layout and it is scenic. However, there is little to no sand in the bunkers. The rough is long. The fairways get mowed on Monday's and Thursday's. Tees seem to be in the same place every weekend. Therefore, the biggest league on Wednesday night plays on fairways that are mowed two days ago. The weekend players, who pay PREMIUM prices to play, get to see fairways and rough that has not been mowed in 3 days (if playing on Sundays). There is no water on the course. You can buy water from coolers on #1 and #10 if you need such. Carts are old, but they get around, but the club cleaner buckets on the sides are lacking in cleaning brushes. I have played for many years out at Cary, but the course in general is a "shadow" of it's former self. I am sure economics come into play, but some common sense could make this course more playable.

Response from on 06/05/2017:
Hello DocHasnow, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Love the high elevated Tee Offs.

I'm a big fan of Cary Country Club. It's an older course so there are a lot of trees and the scenery is gorgeous especially from the tee boxes that are elevated -such a thrill. I also like the fact that you're blocks away from the Fox River and you can hear the boats go by.

Cary, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.