Cary Country Club

Year Built 1922
Fairways Blue Grass

Response from on 05/24/2017:
Hi Edward, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rate our course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the course conditions, staff friendliness, and course layout! We hope to see you back again soon and we appreciate you support. Thank you for stopping by Cary Country Club and have a great day!

Play chalet or foxford

Just not a fun course to play no real cart paths the roughs are a joke and lousy putting greens. Just not a course i wanna sprint back to again.

Response from on 05/22/2017:
Hello Ryan, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Good layout, poor conditions

The good: Very interesting layout, a lot of elevation and elevated tee boxes which made for good views. Greens were rock hard and rolled true, and they all sloped back to front which made it easy to know where to put your ball. Carts were incredibly fast.
The bad: It was impossible to find your ball in the rough unless you were standing right on top of it. The fairway glass was also barely cut, what you would normally find as the fringe around the green at most courses. Seemed like they cut the grass once a week. Some tee boxes were a little uneven and the fairway grass was really patchy. Overall-because of the cuts of grass, it didn't feel like a high end course. Worth playing again only if price is in the 30s.
Also it is a little hard to find the clubhouse-you need to drive through a neighborhood right along the river.

Response from on 04/25/2017:
Hello Chris, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Experience!

I've played this course many times, and this may have been the best shape I've ever seen it in (which, for April, is pretty amazing). The greens were rolling fast and just perfect, consistent on every hole. The fairways were a bit long as they normally are, hopefully when summer rolls around, they mow them down a bit. The challenge on this course is the elevation and wind (if applicable). It's not a long course, and there is very little water. If they are able to keep the greens in this kind of shape, they will be packed here!

The pace for playing on a Sunday morning was fantastic. Played in a tick over 4 hours. As always, the staff is friendly, and the bar is fantastic with a nice outdoor deck to watch groups on 10 and 18. Fantastic beer selection. Will be back soon!

Glad to revisit

Haven't played there in about 15 years. Course was in excellent shape! Greens were firm but fair. The course has really good elevation changes which makes for a more challenging round. I'll definitely be back again this year.

Lacking restrooms on opening day

Golfed Sat. I heard it was the first day they were open. Well something must of derailed the preparation because there were no rest rooms on the course. Had to run to the clubhouse at the end of 18.

Very challenging course

I have played this course for more than thirty years and it is my favorite course in the Chicago area. A challenging layout with watered fairways and professional level greens. Well maintained course with excellent management.

Nice walk in the woods.

Great course for scoring, practice hybrids and quite reflection on your game. Course was in good shape for March. Just needed tee markers and spring cleanup completed.

unexpected fee

Course was what to be expected this time of year.
paid more thru Golf Now than we could have paid at the course. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Hopefully you'll make it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

played last week ,good to see much needed sand in the bunkers! good job! the good rating is only because it was febuary and the greens were a little rough ,but usually they are excellant

Response from on 02/23/2017:
Good Morning, Fred. Thanks for reviewing our course. we appreciate the feedback. We regret to hear that the course conditions were less than favorable. We are constantly working to improve the course so we hope you're satisfied next time you come out. We look forward to seeing you!

Fun

Haven't played here for a number of years but some friends were going out on a $15 GolfNow rate figured it was worth the drive out there. Great weather but the course was still sloppy in some areas from rain a day or two before. Greens were pretty quick though they looked slow. Pace was good though there were at least a few single golfers sent out pushing the pace and trying to play through. The course layout is fun and there are some fun holes. Would definitely play again at the right rate. Fair old school golf course

Best views around!

I've been playing at the CCC for about 4 years now. The staff has always been very nice and welcoming! And the course has been kept in pristine conditions the past two years! The greens are always fast and smooth, they do a great job keeping fairways swept clean of brush and keeping rough not too long. This course could use a few more trees to increase the challenge, but the hills make up for the lack of trees. If you want to experience a course unlike any other around IL, this is the place to go! It has remarkable views with the huge amount of hills! If you want a challenge then this course on a windy day would be the perfect test for your game. Absolutely my favorite course by far. No where compares to the views and challenge of the greens! The practice green and practice holes are a great addition to the course as well! And the club house always has had excellent choices for a mid-round snack or dinner! This is the place to be!

Love this Place

I have been playing here for the better part of 30 years. We always have a great time, and even though I only visit Chicagoland a few time a year, this is where we always play. And the fresh Italian sausage sandwich at the turn is just the cherry on the Sundae! Great place that never disappoints.

Declining Management

This place is going down hill.

Entitled management with no accountability.

Do not expect any type of rain check for any circumstance.

5e7ba339-057f-5c55-bc08-02bb41915dcd
Commented on 10/25/2016

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for your poor experience. We assure you this is not the standard we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

Illinois Advisor

Love the Elevations but Hate the Tees

First the good: Fun elevations and the bar is nice. That's all I have to say good. There are only two sets of tees and really only one for the most part. Nearly all the white and red tees share the same teeing ground. The rough Is very high and thick and the fairways are cut narrow. The greens are on the small side and in poor condition. It's late season so I will give them a parcial pass on that. The USGA promotes 'Play it Forward" but this place didn't get the memo.

5e7ba339-057f-5c55-bc08-02bb41915dcd
Commented on 10/25/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve course conditions and take your comments very seriously. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

One of my favorites

Cary CC is a nice little course, close to home, reasonable rates and challenging enough for a player of my capabilities. I have no established handicap and have no plans on doing so. I usually shoot in the low 90's and occasionally in the upper 80's. This course has no houses to fear so for that reason alone, I dig it. It challenges with some length, accuracy on the par 3's and shot making from the fairways with approaches. The one down side to CCC is the pace of play can get so s l o w {seems to draw a lot of, shall I say "rookies"}
that I'd rather pay an additional $15 - $25 bucks where it might not get so crowded. But when it's playing quick, I love this course!

Response from on 03/06/2017:
Hi, Jeff. Thanks for taking the time to review our course. It's great that you dig the course layout and enjoy playing CCC. We're happy to see that you has a pleasant experience with our staff and overall, had a nice time with us. We hope to see you again soon for a great round at a better pace!
Cary, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Lake in the Hills, Illinois

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.