Jackson Park Golf Club

Type Public/Municipal
Jackson Park Golf Course
Blue (W) 71 5444 yards 70.4 113
Scorecard for Jackson Park Golf Course
Blue M: 65.7/109 W: 70.4/113 395 369 288 300 464 176 321 133 300 2746 267 296 144 183 559 470 372 212 259 2762 5508
White M: 65.1/108 W: 69.7/112 389 358 259 296 458 171 316 130 297 2674 264 294 141 179 551 465 366 201 240 2701 5375
Red M: 63.2/103 W: 67.8/108 383 363 280 294 411 168 313 123 292 2627 259 288 136 175 501 462 354 202 253 2630 5257

Year Built 1899
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Tom Bendelow (1899) Bob Lohmann

17 holes in the city.

Short but a decent challenge. 18 holes in the city of Chicago. Love it!

Short but fun

I had a great time at Jackson Park. Course was in great shape on a perfect Saturday. Course feels a little short at only 5500 yds. Greens were smooth and soft. Carts made the round more expensive than it should be at 18$ per rider, booked through GolfNow but didn't get carts with the deal. Learn from my pain...25$became 43$. But overall I liked the setting and routing, lots of water and a few views of Lake Michigan.

February in Chicago

It was great to play in February. The course was in decent shape. The pace was very slow.

Solid for the money

Course is fairly easy. Staff is all very friendly.

Commented On 07/29/2016

We are glad that you had a good time at Jackson Park. We hope to see you back on the course soon!

City Golfing

It's the only 18 hole course in the city.. Staff is friendly, there was no cart attendant on Sunday and without a turn near the club house you can get hungry/thirsty. Its average at best but allows you to get a round in without traveling to the burbs. I would recommend to a friend with the above qualifications.

Commented On 06/07/2016

We are sorry to hear that certain aspects of your round did not meet your expectations. Our goal is for each guest to have a fun and outstanding experience throughout each round from start to finish. Feel free to contact our golf shop to speak with a member of the staff before your next round regarding our golf cart attendant schedule so that you are sure to have great service and food throughout your entire round. We look forward to seeing you at Jackson Park soon!

Solidly designed and cared for city course

For being a public course in the city, I'm not sure you could beat this course for the value. I think the course has really turned around since I played it last about 2 yrs ago. Everything is in good condition (greens, fairways, bunkers...etc) and the staff is friendly. Playing so close to people/houses/cars/etc makes me a little nervous given my errant beginner's shooting coupled with my ability to hit it long, but there were only a few holes where I felt like I was actually playing in the city. They even had a par 5 that was 560 yds (wow!). I am sure I'll be back a few times this year.

Commented On 06/07/2016

We are glad that you had a great time at Jackson Park and we thank you for your great review. We are looking forward to a beautiful season of golf and look forward to seeing out back on the course soon!!

Not bad

For the money it's good. The pace is slow and the beverage cart could do a lot better if they were more diligent with their job. Clubhouse staff really nice though

Commented On 09/11/2015

Thank you for your feedback, we understand that pace is important to your round and are currently working on a pace of play program to speed things up on the course. We look forward to implementing this program so we can offer each guest an even better golfing experience.

The course was in good shape, especially the greens.

We played a good round of golf. Beautiful weather and the course was in surprisingly good shape.

Commented On 08/10/2015

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your round and we look forward to having you back to play again soon!

Course conditions best in the area

I play this course fairly often because of the relatively low price and if you are willing to get up early, you can easily walk on and finish in 3 hours. The course conditions have steadily improved over this summer and the greens are better than country club and resort course greens. The staff is friendly and they seem to finally have a grounds crew. Fairways and greens are as good as any in the Chicagoland area. The bunkers have never had sand but a fine powdered dirt so it is what it is. The course gets very slow on weekend mornings after 8am and it needs but doesn't have a marshall to keep people on pace. Most people who are slow will let you play through if they are the ones holding you up.

Great Fun and convenient.

Overall it was a course with a warm staff that was willing to help to you enjoy your round of golf. I will rerun and recommend it to my friends!!!

Commented On 07/13/2015

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round at Jackson Park, we look forward to having you play again soon!

Chicago, Illinois