Type Public/Municipal

Architect Tom Bendelow (1899) Bob Lohmann

Carts Yes - $18

Snacks

Clubhouse

Pretty Impressed on my first visit

For the money I'm not sure you can beat this place for 18 in the city. The grounds and greens were very well maintained (7.5-8/10) and in general it's a fairly beautiful and serene course. cart rental is a little pricey, but other than that I can't really complain about Jackson Park at all.

Great Bang for Your Buck

Nothing to write home about, but for the price your paying it's a solid deal. Super close for those living in the city and wanting to get a greatly priced round in.

Southside Gem

Very respectable and well-maintained 18-hole golf course on Chicago’s south side. The only full course in the park district. Staff is friendly and attentive. Rates are modest. Fairways and greens are almost always in good shape. The layout is a little tight in some areas, holes 2 and 3 and the par 5s on the back 9, but the tree lines help. Almost always easy to get a tee time, but it does get crowded and a little slow on the weekends. I drove the green on #3 then missed a 15 foot eagle putt.

Fridays there was an attendant who sold water,drinks and snacks. I played on a Wednesday and this service was not available. Should be available everyday.

Great jem

This course was way better than expected for the price.

Ripped Off

My overall experience was a disappointment. For paying $100 for my Mother and I, I'd expect it to be clean and fantastic customer service.

My first-time experience:

PROS:
Beautiful views of Lake Michigan
Beginner and Intermediate friendly course

CONS:
My Mother and I both felt extremely awkward talking to the 6 am staff today. We felt as though the staff looked down upon us for being women.

The man collecting our golf ticket was rude to me when I asked him where Hole 1 was at. He looked at me as if I was an alien (that look like, why are you talking to me?). When I asked him where Hole 1 was at, since it was our first time at this course, his reply was "uh, the sign says 1?!" He also rudely forced us to golf with two complete strangers. I wanted to get my refund immediately because of him, but golfing is a bonding moment for my Mother and I and we were looking forward to our time together. Luckily the strangers were nice, and we departed into our own groups once we reached Hole 2.

We had to skip three holes because every time we were about to golf, maintenance tractors kept coming up right next to us as we were golfing (sometimes they would be right in front of us, and I was afraid of hitting them. We literally had one parked next to our golf cart as I was in the middle of my game. It was at the point where I got super distracted I had to pick up my ball and move to the next hole). An example is attached. It's not the maintenance workers' fault, but management should enforce rules when golfers are present.

No ball cleaners.

Ant Hills at the majority of holes.

Upon returning the golf cart keys, a gentleman was paying for his tee time and said "Oh, I have a friend joining." The cashier woman said don't worry about paying for your friend, just pay $50. How come we had to pay $100 and he didn't?

We left not feeling relaxed, but angry. We felt ripped off.

First Time Experience

My first-time experience:

PROS:
Beautiful views of Lake Michigan
Beginner and Intermediate friendly course

CONS:

No ball cleaners.

Ant Hills at the majority of holes.

We left not feeling relaxed, but angry. We felt ripped off.

Don't waste your time

Find another course. This place is a goat park. Terribly beat up tee boxes. Unmowed fairways. Pockmarked greens due to people not fixing ball marks. Short enough for your grandma to play from the tips. Golfers constantly hitting into each other due to proximity of tee boxes to greens and parallel fairways. This is a partial list of grievances. Three stars is being generous.

No course marshall

Two groups several in front of us combined into a 7 some and slowed everyone behind them and there was no course Marshall to break them up.

Ghost Reservation

I'm not writing this review on the golf course. It's a nice course for a public city course. I'm writing a review about the GHOST reservation that I purchased on the TEEOFF website. I showed up for my tee time and their wasn't one. Their never was one.. They knew about it sometime after the fact and never reached out to their patrons to avoid me taking the trip to the course. Over the years I must have 100 rounds with Tee Off and this is the first time that I have ever experienced something like this. Because of this I had nowhere and no tee times anywhere to play. They offered me a credit back to my account, which they should and some credit perks. Let's see if they do.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Beware of the female course manager

Female course manager has an awful attitude. The rest of the staff is great.

Hammond, Indiana