Green (W) 70 5014 yards 68.5 118
Scorecard for Carriage Greens Country Club
Blue M: 71.1/129 353 142 422 536 195 456 387 441 389 3321 328 357 176 512 372 178 376 391 384 3074 6395
White M: 69.4/125 343 136 390 500 175 443 378 437 267 3069 312 345 148 500 358 168 336 379 369 2915 5984
Red M: 64.6/114 W: 68.5/118 333 117 280 410 151 360 285 340 253 2529 280 333 136 425 333 158 265 262 293 2485 5014

Year Built 1976

19th Hole Specials 6

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Wet

Rained the night before and made the course wetter than desired. Course does not drain well.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Carriage Greens. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

There was a five-some that slowed play a bit on the back nine but overall the course was in good shape considering all the rain we had.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Nice course but lots of rain the night before

I said first time playing the course but I actually played about 40 years ago I believe. Course is nice staff is awesome. Had a lot of rain the night before so Cary path only but it be greens we’re in great shape. Some water in some traps and some wet areas on most holes. It was super windy too. Played from the blues So conditions made it a little long for many of the 430 par 4’s. I’d definitely play here again. It’s a good value too.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Carriage Greens thanks you!

Huge improvements!

This wasn’t my first round here but definitely felt like a new course. Spoke with the two guys in the shop and they couldn’t have been more helpful or nice each time I came through the shop. One of the guys before my round explained that the course has had new management over the past two years and the course is really starting to show improvements. He was right. The last time I played here the front nine was across the street, which never made sense to me. Early mornings you were teeing off into the rising sun and not to mention once you made the turn the course’s pace would slow dramatically. So I was thrilled to hear the new Director of Golf has switched the nines. The front is now the tougher nine and you can take your early in the round bumps on holes that you would be struggling on anyways. Plus, once we got to the back nine we seemed to just fly through. I was also told that there are two new green complexes that have been designed by the new Director and the 16th that was done in October was open for the first time today. The first new green was the 9th that lengthened the old hole by over 50 yards. The 9th or old 18th was always my least favorite hole on the course and I was very impressed with how the new hole played as it played as a normal length par 4 instead of a sloppy potentially drivable hole that put people on the putting green and first tee in the dangerzone of getting hit by drives. The new green was great. The fairway was very soft but definitely better than the last time I played here four years ago. The new 16th hole was great. It played only 260 yards to a new narrow green that has been shifted closer to the creek left of the green. I think it was a great addition to the course and I was shocked at how good the shape of the green was it being brand new. As for the other greens, awesome! Especially after I found out they aerated on Tuesday. You couldn’t tell unless you really looked hard. I noticed some sand on the greens but they rolled great and I didn’t see any holes during the round.
They did have A LOT of players out there when we played but the pace was fine and my group had an awesome day! We will for sure be back this year as it is obvious that someone with good knowledge and experience is now taking care of this course. I highly recommend this course to all levels of players.

Commented On 04/23/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Commented On 04/10/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Used to be a solid course

Over the past 15 years I’ve probably played this course close to 50 times. Partly because I live near by and partly because I used to really like it. Way back when... this course was kept in pretty good shape, it was run professionally, had rangers to help with congestion, a half way house for hot dogs and snacks, and they even had beverage carts (they may still at times but it’s been a while since I’ve seen one). For at least the last 7 years give it take the course conditions have become awful. I moved away for a few years and remember playing the first time when I was back and couldn’t believe where I was. The grass was like playing in my backyard. The sand, I can’t even think about. The greens were terrible. The staff was horrendous. The list goes on....

Fast forward to the last 2 years at least and things have definitely started getting better. Clearly someone is attempting to to bring the grass back to life as that has improved tenfold. The staff 50/50. Last year there was a guy who just rubbed everyone the wrong way and seemed to always be the only one there. Just an attitude and very unpleasant. Ive only been out once this year and he wasn’t there. Big plus. The greens have turned a corner for sure. The sand is hit and miss. Some holes it’s real life sand. Others it’s unplayable.

The worst thing for me, being a long time player there, is that they flipped the front and back 9s. I’m sure this is somewhat of personal preference I guess but for me it completely changes the entire feel of the round. The old back 9 which is now the front 9 can be extremely grueling. There’s some long holes, some tough par 3s (1 especially), and some topographical challenges as well. Playing the (new) number 9 from the back tees ..... can punish you severely.
The point being is that the old set up started out with some easier feel good holes. A short 4, followed by a challenging 4, right into a fun par 3.... the front 9 used to be relaxing and somewhat forgivable with some cool shots you’d have to make. Except (old) #4, ha! I don’t know what it is about this home for me. It’s along one probably around 550 but it’s as straight as hole can get. It does have a narrow fairway, and a perfectly placed little crick but it’s no excuse for my play on that hole over the years. It’s my nemesis. Last year, I was on the fringe chipping for birdie, moments later I marked it a 7. I’m getting upset just thinking about it. The point is the course flowed more getting more challenging as the round went on. With the front being tough but fair and finishing with that back 9 you were exhausted in a sense coming off 18 and almost relieved that it was over. But in a good way. With the reverse layout the (new) front 9 can really kick your butt and by the time you get to the back, you’re drained. If you’re an average golfer like myself, the course probably gets together and the holes tell stories of the souls they’ve snatched over the years. . (Old) #15: remember that one guy coming up on his 3rd shot from about 50 yards out thinking “I might actually par this”. Ha, can you believe he tried to flop me!? I heard he went to the nut house after that round.

Writing this, I realize I do still like the course more than I thought but the layout really makes it somewhat difficult to enjoy. The course also has some issues in certain places with water I’m not sure can ever be fixed. For example, if your drive goes right on (new) #4 it’s probably unplayable in the swamp grass of sorrow. That hole has been like that since the beginning. Mush. It’s a challenging course making somewhat of a comeback but charging $45 on a Tuesday in late March across the board? Come on. That’s a big reason it’s usu Wide open. They still charge top dollar like it’s a destination. Here’s to better days, and flipping the course back to what I loved about it.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Rain

Nice course but we played in very soggy conditions, so not the fault of the course, hole 16 is closed for now, so you have to play another hole

Commented On 03/25/2019

Hello, Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

First visit

I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on golf now, so I decided to give this course a visit on an afternoon in late March. The course has an interesting layout with a combination of some nice holes and some really narrow greens. While it’s been a few days since our last heavy rains, the course had a number of really wet and saturated areas which resulted in lots of plugged shots on fairways, rough, and a few greens. The 16th hole was shut for a renovation which was disappointing but it’s a reason to return later in the season to check out the course again when conditions are firmer and the grass is actively growing. Overall a decent track that I’d like to play again to improve my front 9 score.

Commented On 03/25/2019

Hello, We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Lou is the best!!!!!

I am delighted that Carriage Greens has finally come around full circle all because of a very talented hard working golf pro Lou. As I am a resident of Darien it was unfortunate that I would have to travel elsewhere because the course was in such a place of disrepair. Lou needs to be recognized for his hard work and talent.

Fine course

Course was fine. However the staff decided to make the course cart path only during our round and the ranger (who was playing with a foursome) was a royal donkey when informing me that the course was now path only. I am the type to hold a grudge so i will not be playing this course again anytime soon.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing Carriage Greens Country Club. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to know you enjoyed the course itself, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope you will give us another chance soon.

PGALou
Commented On 05/12/2019

I appreciate you coming out to play. The course is in great shape even with over 8 inches of rain recently. This leads me to your comment that we made it cart path only. It is cart path only because of all the rain not because we want it to be. We have signs literally all over the place and tell players when they check in of the cart restrictions. You leaving the cart path is unacceptable. Anyone on the property that has to remind you of this fact is a friend of the course and gets it. If you have anymore questions as to why it might be cart path only during times of extreme rain please contact the golf course at 630-985-3400. Thanks.

Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 10/29/2018:
We're glad you still enjoy playing our golf course in the colder months. Be sure to book your next tee time with us soon!

Great Day

Nice Round, everything went fine, but Clubhouse Bar should stock non-alcohol beer & wine for those who dont or cant drink alcohol..

Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 09/28/2018:
Thank you for your suggestions! We hope to see you out here again soon.

The Course Needs Work

This was my first time back at Carriage Greens since they flipped nines and did some upgrades. The greens were in excellent shape, the fairways were good.

I play to a 14 hcp and shot an 80 and although I said I would recommend the course, I would with the caveats below.

We are seniors and play from the forward tees - Red. These were absolutely atrocious. Tiny (8' x 10', give or take) pitted, bumps, holes, dirt, clumps of grass, uneven. TERRIBLE! On 3rd hole the tee box is behind three trees. Yes, BEHIND three trees.

On the 8th hole, the tee box is behind a tall tree. In order to hit driver and hit the fairway, you need to be able to draw the ball hard. If not? Just hit an iron to the top of the hill and deal with it.

On 11 the Red tees are just plopped in the fairway. Same thing on 16 - with the 200 yd marker dead center between the markers, about 10' in front of you.

Also on 16 they took out all the tee boxes - looks as though they are selling that piece of property for a home to be built. The white tees were plopped down haphazzardly too.

Cut grass is blown into the ponds making them look all scummy. Lots of holes need to be cleaned up. The 2nd hole has a wet trashy area just in front and right of the tee boxes that looks terrible.

They are working at it, no doubt. The 9th hole is stable and you can drive your golf cart on it. Drainage is much better - it rained last night and normally that would have meant 90 degree or even cart path only in the past - but the course was relatively dry.

The course is tight, relatively challenging and the price is right - $32.00 18, riding for seniors. Staff is terrific and helpful. Pro shop has been upgraded and enlarged.

So, pluses and minus' for the course. I will be back again, but not anytime soon. I'll wait to see if improvements have been made to tee boxes and general upkeep of the course.

Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 09/26/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your in-depth feedback. We are glad you found value in the course, though we are sorry to learn you did not have as great of an experience as expected this time around. We hope you give us another shot soon.

Slow pace, rough upkeep

Round took 5.5 hours on a Saturday. No ranger in site. Lost several balls in the rough.Pretty scruffy out there. Tiny greens that were a little beat up. Got a decent Hot Deal rate but would never pay full rate to play here.Needs a facelift, pretty tired looking.

Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 09/17/2018:
We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your round as much as expected. We will continue to work diligently on keeping the pace of play at a reasonable rate on weekends. We hope you give us another shot in the near future.
Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 08/06/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed everything from the course layout to the quality of our course staff.

Needs a lot of work

First time and last time playing here. Was supposed to play 18 holes but left after 9. I read some other reviews saying the course is much improved, and I couldn’t begin to imagine it was ever worse. The course condition was awful as was the pace of play. Stay away!

Response from Carriage Greens Country Club on 08/03/2018:
We are sorry to learn your recent experience of the course was less than enjoyable. We encourage you to call us directly at the club so you can describe your exact concerns and we can address them.
PGALou
Commented On 08/05/2018

Hi Lisalurse. I have to ask what exactly was in awful shape when you played on the 1st?
I played that day as well as today and the course is in the best shape it has been in years. We receive dozens of compliments on the course conditions daily. Is there a chance you didn't play Carriage Greens? The greens have been in phenomenal shape the entire season. The tees and fairways have been in great shape. All of the drainage that we put in last season has made a massive difference in some areas that use to hold lots of water. I would welcome you to come by the course anytime and provide me with some detail on your views of the course. Because if we are not seeing something that you are, we would like to have that feedback and be able to improve our facility.
Lastly, I looked over the entire tee sheet from our ranger/starter for that Wednesday and was unable to find any round that exceeded 4 hours and 25 minutes. As I stated before, I played that day and the pace was great.
Thanks,
Lou Ramadani, PGA General Manager & Director of Golf

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.