Green (W) 70 5014 yards 68.5 118
Scorecard for Carriage Greens Country Club
Blue M: 71.1/129 353 142 422 536 195 456 387 441 389 3321 328 357 176 512 372 178 376 391 384 3074 6395
White M: 69.4/125 343 136 390 500 175 443 378 437 267 3069 312 345 148 500 358 168 336 379 369 2915 5984
Red M: 64.6/114 W: 68.5/118 333 117 280 410 151 360 285 340 253 2529 280 333 136 425 333 158 265 262 293 2485 5014

Year Built 1976

19th Hole Specials 6

A Memorable Round of Golf

Played today with a group of friends and gave us a reason to have an after the game celebration. One of my friends made his first hole-in-one in Hole#2 and everybody was really happy for him. Every staff is commendable for their professionalism and courteousness. Extra kudos to John (the starter) who really went out of his way make sure that my 2 groups teed off early and stayed one after the other instead of the second group being separated by 5 groups per schedule. Thank you very much John and God bless. This is the reason why we keep coming back to this course because of the people behind it.

Commented On 08/20/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u000004462248. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Worst course in Chicago

Granted, the staff is very friendly but nothing good happens outside of that. The course is horrendous. The fairways are ten yards wide and look like rough. Last time I played some of the greens were punched, some were dew swept and obviously hadn’t been cut in days. The course is the opposite of scenic as it is lined with homes, views and noises of the highway and smells awful. The course isn’t challenging at all except for some completely unfair holes. The second hole is a par 3 that requires a punch shot from the “new tee”. The third requires you to hit a 250 yard giant hook to have a shot in. On the par 3 15th I hit one of the best shots of my life dead at the center of the green and it hits a tree and goes into a creek. It’s jusr a terrible test of golf. I wouldn’t play here if I got paid $100

Good for the value. Played 18 in just under four hours on Sunday afternoon as course was not busy.

Hidden Gem

Carriage Green is always nice to play and usually you can breeze through because its not usually too crowded. The pace of play was average in about 4 hours and only waited on a couple holes. The greens were in great shape. The course is being renovated in a few areas. There are couple holes where you have a blind tee shot and one par 5 that its second shot is blind to the green. My only complaint this time was that the sand traps were not sandy much and some were hard with rocks in them. A little more attention should be paid to them since they come in to play on many holes, and no one wants to get into a sand trap that is like brick getting out. Also on #9 they have moved the green back so most GPS will have the incorrect distance from the fairway. One thing that I like that they have added is they provide in each cart a booklet showing each hole and distance with pro tips for that hole. The back nine is easier than the front. This is still a good course to play and worth the trip especially if you get a good GolfNow price.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Thank you for your review, Golfunder90. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Carriage Greens Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tee box issues

The course was nice overall and you can tell the course is trying to make some upgrades, but it wasn’t completed yet. The tee boxes, both men’s and women’s, were a mess. My wife was playing the red tees and there were some holes where she was hitting a tee shot off of a hill on uneven ground and other holes where she was hitting from the fairway itself. Just very odd setups. The greens were kept up well and shots on the green stuck like the pros! One suggestion would be to have the holes labeled better. Many people, myself included, weren’t sure which way to go to the next tee box because it wasn’t labeled well. I would go back and play this course again though.

Commented On 08/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Carriage Greens We hope to see you again in the future.

Love this course!!

This public country club has an incredible course and a very friendly and professional staff! This is by far the best condition the course has ever been in with the green being absolutely perfect. Can't wait to go back!

Commented On 08/06/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 08/06/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Carriage Greens!

Great track with a great staff

I've played here a lot in the past few years and the course has never been better. The guys running the shop have done a great job improving all aspects of the course. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

The course was a little wet but was still in great shape. I’ll be back.

Commented On 07/23/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Carriage Greens Country Club!

Great staff and fun to play

This was the best time I could have imagined. Not only was the golf pro amazing, the course was tops.

Great course when dry.

The course was in very good condition compared to the previous time we played during the rainy months earlier this year. Pace of play was good as the course was not as busy as it normally is probably because of the hot temperature. Staff are very friendly from the pro shop to the starter. Had a fun round with my friends.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Nice improvements

Course is in better shape this year compared to the previous years. Greens are excellent. Pace of play is still an issue though.

Wet

Rained the night before and made the course wetter than desired. Course does not drain well.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Carriage Greens. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

There was a five-some that slowed play a bit on the back nine but overall the course was in good shape considering all the rain we had.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Nice course but lots of rain the night before

I said first time playing the course but I actually played about 40 years ago I believe. Course is nice staff is awesome. Had a lot of rain the night before so Cary path only but it be greens we’re in great shape. Some water in some traps and some wet areas on most holes. It was super windy too. Played from the blues So conditions made it a little long for many of the 430 par 4’s. I’d definitely play here again. It’s a good value too.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Carriage Greens thanks you!

Huge improvements!

This wasn’t my first round here but definitely felt like a new course. Spoke with the two guys in the shop and they couldn’t have been more helpful or nice each time I came through the shop. One of the guys before my round explained that the course has had new management over the past two years and the course is really starting to show improvements. He was right. The last time I played here the front nine was across the street, which never made sense to me. Early mornings you were teeing off into the rising sun and not to mention once you made the turn the course’s pace would slow dramatically. So I was thrilled to hear the new Director of Golf has switched the nines. The front is now the tougher nine and you can take your early in the round bumps on holes that you would be struggling on anyways. Plus, once we got to the back nine we seemed to just fly through. I was also told that there are two new green complexes that have been designed by the new Director and the 16th that was done in October was open for the first time today. The first new green was the 9th that lengthened the old hole by over 50 yards. The 9th or old 18th was always my least favorite hole on the course and I was very impressed with how the new hole played as it played as a normal length par 4 instead of a sloppy potentially drivable hole that put people on the putting green and first tee in the dangerzone of getting hit by drives. The new green was great. The fairway was very soft but definitely better than the last time I played here four years ago. The new 16th hole was great. It played only 260 yards to a new narrow green that has been shifted closer to the creek left of the green. I think it was a great addition to the course and I was shocked at how good the shape of the green was it being brand new. As for the other greens, awesome! Especially after I found out they aerated on Tuesday. You couldn’t tell unless you really looked hard. I noticed some sand on the greens but they rolled great and I didn’t see any holes during the round.
They did have A LOT of players out there when we played but the pace was fine and my group had an awesome day! We will for sure be back this year as it is obvious that someone with good knowledge and experience is now taking care of this course. I highly recommend this course to all levels of players.

Commented On 04/23/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Commented On 04/10/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Valid dates: Aug 15, 2019 - Aug 31, 2020