2.4

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

19th Hole Specials 6

Hidden treasure

This is a great course that is hidden away. It is in very good condition, the bunkers are well kept. Went on a Sunday morning, it was busy, but the pace was perfect. 4:30 for 18 with a small break at the turn.

Staff not following CDC or Il Dept of Commerce rules

All staff members, including owner, now wearing masks. This poses issues for those of us who are practicing saftey during this pandemic and seems rather invasive to our decision to adherence to covid guidelines. Owner also welcomes you to remove mask if you want. Not good considering proshop is poorly ventilated. Enter at your own risk. Also, course runs really slow.

OMG

OMG,
I paid $82.00 for a golf course that has lied about the yardage on their scorecard.
I really thought there was new ownership or something. However, none of the bunkers were raked and there was too much confusion over the scorecard yardage. Whoever, checked me in smelled like Markers Mark l and was kindly rude as usual. I rarely experience friendly service or honest engagements at Carriage Greens. Not sure how the PGA Pro would allow for a scorecard w lies and a cartoon character on it to be placed into the Chicago land golf market.
Buyer Beware.

Where do I start?

This wasn’t my first time playing this course and was never a fan, however, from this experience alone I will never even think about this course again and feel ashamed that I ever gave that place any money.

I booked a tee time for 7:52. After checking in and getting our carts and bags,We, my playing partner, and other players approached the clubhouse to finish paying. My other playing partners stopped the cart and the tire slid a bit. The course manager Brian on his way out sees this and tells my friends he has to get his money back and can’t golf here. We all laugh thinking it was a joke but he wasn’t kidding. He the says because of that little smirk, mind you he’s wearing a mask, we all had to leave. I then said well I’m not leaving until I get a full refund. He said I don’t need to give you that and leave. Well it was made clear I was gonna get my money back. I had to walk back into the clubhouse as he threatened to physically harm me, wearing sandals and jeans. I have witnessed him berate his staff and belittle the female employees there. I’ve never met a more abrasive and miserable person in his life. No wonder the parking lot is always empty. I advise anyone to never give that place their hard earned money and play at any of the better courses in that competitive area.

All four of us work or have worked In the golf industry, I myself coached high school golf and the other three are managers or employees at a major golf superstore. We have never been more offended and have never had any problem like this any other course in our lifetime. He even said after I said I was writing every review I could said, “I don’t want people who review courses here anyway, they are dorks.” No one says dorks these days anyway so he just embarrassed himself.

Oh yeah the regular rate at the course is twenty dollars cheaper than on golf now so you are getting robbed, especially with how average that course is.

Worst experience ever

Avid golfer here, been working in the golf industry for almost a decade.
Arrived for a 7:50 tee time and upon arrival my buddy (who also has never played the course) over shot the pro shop and screeched his breaks accidentally.

Immediately the “owner” or whatever excuse for a professional he is(dressed in an Abercrombie polo jeans and sandals), berated us and demanded an apology. The apology was given and he continued to escalate the situation and threatened to refund all of us. As we continued to listen to his speal filled with derogatory verbiage and offensive language this situation then escalated and our refund was given.

I’ve never been treated so unprofessionally before, let alone on the golf course. Have zero interest in ever entertaining the thought of making my way back there.

Not worth it.

Ownership and Leadership are poor. Sketchy operations. New sand in the bunkers but never raked. Look out. Way over priced. Owner is aware that golf is in demand. He produces fake reviews and only pays volunteers. If you notice there are multiple prices on all the tee time websites and the scorecard is a lie. Lied on the yardages, Hardcore. He has a created a good look just for the internet.

Great Course, Staff and Food

Came out for the first time on a Sunday at 8:52am. PGA Lou greeted us at the shop and was super friendly and funny. The starter was a riot, the course was in fantastic shape. The course was challenging but open enough you aren’t losing every ball. The food afterwards was great too. Had the burger. Highly recommend this course.

Enjoyed the round very much

Had a great round of golf and hte weather turned out to be perfect. Only a couple of tee boxes were in poor condition, but otherwise the course met my expectations.

Worst customer service

So two young 30 somethings managers that reaked of alcohol with bloodshot eyes at 10 am decided to tell me on Saturday that my tee time was cancelled after I drove an hour away never calling never leaving a message. Both were incredibly rude and dismissive using foul language at my 60 year old mother. Even have the nerve to call my mother a liar when they decided to never call or leave a message that our tee time was cancelled. Do not go here and give these people your money worst experience I have ever had in my life. These two kids should be fired immediately . DONT GO HERE

Commented on 08/02/2020

Hi I was present in the shop that morning. Your mother was extremely rude when she walked in and started yelling about a cancelled tee time. At no time were myself or my owner rude to her. She started swearing at us and so we told her to leave. Please don't misrepresent people like this anymore. Especially here. You weren't even in the shop! How could you even have an opinion on what happened in there. Please don't ever come back to our facility. Your mother was blacklisted for her behavior. No one was drunk or whatever you are insinuating. Your ignorance in this matter is honestly ridiculous. You need to go somewhere else. We don't need people like you at our facility. There are literally tens of thousands of customers here who love the facility, the course and the people. They know the people here and know that you and your mom are the ones who need a 1 star review. Good day.

Waaaaaay too expense.

It's a fine course at $35. Unfortunately it costs $78. Definitely not worth it.

Another great day at Carriage Greens

My three friends and I had a phenomenal day this past Tuesday. The course is playing excellent. Firm and Fast. Greens are still very receptive even with the firmness and are in fantastic shape. It was the first round for my three friends at Carriage and they all loved it. Fun yet challenging layout, great staff and the conditions were awesome. Then we were able to enjoy a post round lunch on the new patio. The food was great and the service was excellent. I play here at least 20 times a year here and love bring out people out to Carriage Greens.

Take your money elsewhere

Let me start by saying that this is not a 1 star course under normal circumstances like my rating shows; however for the price they’re charging vs the course you are playing it is every bit a 1 star course. The facilities are nice and I’m sure it’s a lovely place to have a wedding but we are not here for wedding reviews.

The layout is dull. The back 9 gets a little bit better but still has absolutely no spark. Certainly not $80 worth of spark.

The conditions of the course can be described as average. Saying slightly above average may be fair, but pushing it. 100% pushing it for $80.

In other reviews the staff has been reviewed as rude. I’ve personally never had any problems with the staff but can see how people might view them as rude, as they can sometimes be a bit snippy.

Overall, this course is robbing golfers of the opportunity to play a good local track. I’ve played all around the Chicagoland/northwest Indiana area for years and can think of MANY places where I’d rather spend $80 for a round of golf. Myself nor any of my many playing partners will be back to this course until the rates fairly return to the $40ish price point.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Just an update. Messaged the owner of this cold club about these comments. He supports “EVERYTHING” PGA Pro Lou has said. Spend your money elsewhere people, just like they have both told me.

Commented on 06/20/2020

Ryan Billig, add me to the no play list as well.

Commented on 06/20/2020

TImothy Konvalinka. Gladly add me to your list of the many golfers that will never visit your course again after speaking with you.

Commented on 06/20/2020

I only comment when people need to be educated on the YELP for golf courses. The place where people who don't get their way go to complain about the awful place they will never visit again. This isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way...we have a great customer base that loves this place, the staff and the conditions. Their is no place for players like you to be part of that customer base. If you would kindly use your name in your profile instead of hide behind a generic yelp for golf number, we can accommodate you by helping you never play here again. Thanks.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Glad I’m not the only person who say that the only times Lou comments is towards negative reviews in a belittling manner.

Commented on 06/19/2020

This is the 21st century Lou. Most golfers wouldn’t know your course exists without golfnow. If you used golfnow the way it’s supposed to be used maybe you’d sell more rounds. Good luck with the strategy of belittling every negative review though. Should do good things for the course.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Look at how he responds to folks who PAID MONEY to play at his course! This is unheard of! What a terrible business model

Commented on 06/19/2020

If you would just be smart enough to go to our website and look at our tee times you would see that we charge $56 on weekends and $36 on weekdays. You are a golf now guy and should instead just pick the phone up and call one our snippy employees to get the best rate. You are a negative 3 on the customer scale just for the record. Know what you are talking about before you start spouting off online where ANYONE can say what they want. Feel free to join the snippy staff in the shop for a conversation about our course conditions as you must not have the proper knowledge to accurately judge course conditions. Maybe you can learn something more beyond how you should book your tee times.

Terrible

I am not one to get upset or write reviews. But, i won a foursome to this course late last year. It just was expired and when asked about getting it extended due to golf courses being closed done recently was told, “should have golfed earlier”. I didn’t expect courses or plan on them being shut down, no one did. So how was I supposed to know when to use it? Definitely lost my service.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Lou you do realize that someone initially paid for those rounds, so you already made your money. Maybe stop and reflect on how you are treating folks who come to your golf course and how word of mouth works. This has been sad to see you devolve and treat people who paid money to use this course get talked to like dirt. If a customer comes once and enjoys themselves, they tell other people about the course and come back. That's more revenue for you which we can very obviously tell that's all you care about.

Enjoy living in your bubble where other opinions don't matter and everyone is a "moron" except for you. Have a nice life of spewing hate to people who paid to use your course.

Lou,

You clearly are missing the point. I don’t care about the free golf, as mentioned earlier. I care about the way people are treated. Calling people “morons” and telling people to golf elsewhere (multiple times” is not my cup of tea coming from a management position. So I will gladly be taking my money elsewhere.

Commented on 06/19/2020

We care about paying customers not ones that are complaining about not getting free golf. Thanks.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Wow, what a response you got. Honestly, after reading how terribly this "pro" speaks to prospective clients and others looking in to their course, I absolutely will never spend my money here. This is sad because I was curious about this course and was hoping to see good things. Based on this response as well as this "pro's" response on other comments, I will make sure to steer my friends away from this course. How immature/rude can one get to folks wanting to spend money to play their course, especially during times like this. It's more than golf, it's the pro shop, any person you buy food/drink from and tip well. Really disappointing to see that level of crass on a website like this. Sad. You can take your superiority complex and lose customers along the way. Best of luck to you and your terrible attitude towards patrons.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Also to mention that every business I have heard of has extended deadlines for Covid-19. If asking for a couple week extension is too much because of a pandemic, I do consider that “unacceptable”. A wise man stated that this pandemic will open our eyes to which businesses care about their customers, clearly this one doesn’t.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Actually 3, unless you count December-February golfable months. I play weekly and don’t mind paying at all. Won’t be paying this course ever though.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Just for the record, you had over 6 months to use your donated foursome. It expired and you didn't use it. Not really unacceptable to tell you that you can't use it. You only wanted to play free golf here anyways as a "customer". Take your "give it to me free" attitude to another course. We don't need or want customers with this mindset.

Average course.

Suggest you revise website. Does not show senior/junior rates or rates with carts. Doesn't make sense when one goes on line to check cost to play.

Not practicing social distoiancing.

Somehow two twosomes were booked at our tee-time. Extremely over priced. Saw multiple foursomes on the course during the time we are supposed to be only playing twosomes. They are obviously double booking tee times and price gouging. Saw many people in carts that did not appear to have a disability and even saw multiple people in a cart. Whether you agree with the new rules in place they should be followed or they are gonna take golf away from all of us again.

Woodridge, Illinois