West Chase Golf Club

Green (W) 71 5755 yards 73.9 132
Burgundy 71 4839 yards 68.8 121
Scorecard for West Chase
Black M: 73.1/134 350 210 524 391 150 422 412 462 559 3480 509 372 231 358 213 432 480 176 449 3220 6700
Gold M: 71.0/130 321 185 504 371 131 401 381 414 535 3243 492 352 163 336 189 411 466 158 429 2996 6239
Green M: 68.8/126 W: 73.9/132 300 155 478 351 119 377 369 369 505 3023 475 331 142 298 142 350 437 146 411 2732 5755
Burgundy W: 68.8/121 255 132 420 293 95 325 314 323 436 2593 433 280 109 236 118 258 389 110 313 2246 4839

Year Built 1996
Architect Ron Kern

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2016 #22)

Always a fun test

West Chase never disappoints. Excluding a few bunkers and water damage (which they appear to be working on or filling in), it was in good shape. The layout is cool with links style on the front and tighter wooded holes on the back. There are some beautiful and memorable holes such as 9 and 16. It’s just challenging enough to make it fun but you can definitely score there. Highy recommended for the price. If you live on the west side of town, no brainer.

Indy Advisor

Fun Course

West Chase is a sneaky, but fun course. The front is fairly open while the back is a little tighter with more elevation change. Greens are smaller than a lot of places around town, though not the smallest. All of them though have some slope but do not break as much as they appear, and roll true. Fairways were pretty narrow but the rough wasn't overly thick. There was some spots where water damage would've caused issues in some fairways, and the tee boxes were a little chewed and shaggy. Sand throughout the course was packed down mud and needs updating or removed (as they appear to have begun to do around the course). Even with these detractions it was a visually appealing course.

They have a good internet deal that includes a 6-pack with the round which is a nice touch if you can find it. Its a little out of the way but definitely worth a play.

Beautiful course

This is one of my favorite courses I have played since moving to Indy. I played about a month ago and the fairways and greens were perfect. Front 9 is wide open while the back 9 has more trees in play. My only complaint is that the last time I played I was the first out on the course, but when I got to the back 9 I was backed up due to lessons being taught to kids. Just would have been nice to know before I paid to play that day.

Good layout, bad maintainance.

I played the first time here and will be the last time. Greens were soooo slow, grass wasn't cut, bunker is just a dirt, no sand whatsoever. Hirroable experiance.

I'll be back

Course was in really good shape, and I enjoy the layout at West Chase, even after I've played probably 50 times. New management is re-doing all the traps so some are still under construction, but the new ones were in phenomenal shape. Can't wait to see what the course looks like once they are finished!

Beautiful Course

For the money Great place to golf , good scenery , good layout very nice course. I've played there before and it's one of my favorite courses

Good local golf

Nice good ol golf course, long par 4s. Fun to play. Staff is always a little snobby when I go thou. This isn't crooked stick hahahah good course thou.

Challenging course in very good condition

The West Chase fairways and greens were in really good shape. Had it not been for the water in the sand traps I would have rated this course excellent this season. This is a challenging course and if you take advantage of the "hot deal" you will enjoy your round even more!

Tom

Love the course, about every hole has character , we just picked wrong day, heavy rains

Beautiful course

West Chase is a beautiful course that has plenty to offer as far as challenges on the course. There is plenty of sand and a little bit of water to contend with. The two things I would love to see improved is the height of the rough and the signage on the course. When heading to 10 and 14 both it was a bit confusing. There were other times a well placed sign would have been great since the course isn't laid out in a straight forward manner. The rough was also a problem. It was so tall that we lost more than one ball just 6-12" off of the fairway. If you weren't right on top of it, it was invisible. It may be the intention of the course design but it makes for a very frustrating round if you aren't consistently in the fairway.

The course layout with narrow fairways and well placed bunkers also punished Mis-hits severely.

In my opinion, this is a must play course.

Great layout, close to Indy!

Always enjoy playing at West Chase ... a fun layout that offers challenges and rewards good shots. Cool thing about this course is the difference between the 9's ... mostly links style on the front, more challenging on the back with more trees. Will definitely return!

We enjoy playing this course. It is challenging for everyone. It has now become my favorite course as I got a hole in one on hole #5 which was a par 3, 101 yards for women.

Great course for all levels of golfer.

Rude Staff

The older staff at the counter was rude/not friendly at all: he said something about not caring for golfnow booked tee times.

Pacers123
Commented On 08/10/2016

Agree. The dude in clubhouse didn't like golfnow and is quite rude about it!!! Course management signed on do don't blame me!!!!otherwise love the course and except for traps is in good condition

Big improvement with new ownership!!

I was amazed at how much better this course looked compared to the last few years!! Fairways and greens were as good as any course around! I wondered why they raised their rates so much, bit once I got on the course and started playing it was easy to see! Fantastic overall with a great layout that gives plenty of challenges.

Mr. Man

Played on a HOT Sunday and the course was in great shape and the water coolers were full and cold. I was playing alone and arrived about 1/2 hour before my time to make sure I wasn't late. They let me go off early and saved me some time.

Maintenance of Course

Seems like every time I play this course, and I've played it a lot, there is water in the bunkers and the bunkers have no sand, all dirt. Now don't get me wrong I love the course, but sand can't be that expensive! Also, they always seem to be mowing grass when I'm out there. If I was a member I would be going bonkers over the bunkers. Get some sand!

Pittsboro, Indiana