2.6

Fox Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Gary Kern (1992)

Dress code Collared shirts no cut off shorts.

Plays Long 14

Great people

Me and some friends came all the way from Madison Wisconsin for some nice weather and golf and we got that and we didn’t expect to get the great hospitality from the the people that worked there I honestly felt like I had known the people for years 10/10 nice golf course and great people.

A lot of fun

This course is challenging, and also very fun to play. There’s a few holes that are interesting and that kind of thing peaks my interest. The new management seems very helpful and friendly and the pro shop manager is super nice and super helpful as well! I would recommend giving this course a try. You’ll love it.

Great staff

Owner was a fantastic guy, super friendly and concerned how things were. Course was in pretty good shape for being the first day of the season. Will definitely be back.

Play this course almost every weekend, and always a good time. Staff is very friendly and course is maintained well.

Great staff

Great staff from manager to cart runners. Course is long but plays well. I like the course play here as much as I can. New management is awesome. I would recommend to anyone.

Greens

Great course. Greens are fast. Play almost every week, highly recommend.

Conditions are improving

While the course has suffered from some issues, it seems to be improving.

Green issues

Great course, great layout but the greens are getting away from health. Just about every green had issues. Dead spots, lumpy and just falling apart. Great staff, food, service and price. Please, please get the greens back!

Cow pasture with tee boxes and greens

The course pro is very knowledgeable and personable. They brought in a new general manager last year and the course condition has gotten worse, which in itself is hard to believe.. The course condition really brings down the neighborhood as well. This could be a really great course as well as an asset to the neighborhood. Time for a change. Until that happens, we will be spending our golf time and money elsewhere.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club.

Disappointing experience

Slow pace of play. 5 hour round with a 9:30am star time. Hard to find good grass to hit on in the fairways. Greens had dead patches. Tee boxes were unkept with broken tees and some were rock hard for placing your tee. All sand traps had only one rake.

Commented on 08/15/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced and the unsatisfactory conditions. We always try to keep a a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

terrible

Not recommended. Course wasn’t opened until after tee time . Staff member was impeccably rude and inconsiderate of customer service or any golf course etiquette. 5 some was started in front of us half way through round. Not worth your time or money.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Hi SkyOMy. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Your experience is clearly not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club.

Not worth it

Overall course was poorly kept and no consistency of the fairway nor the greens. Hitting off the fairway was similar or worse than hitting out of the rough. Greens were either nice or looked like they were under maintenance.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Hi, MychalGalla. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Been a member for around three years. Course is in good shape with the exception of a few greens and fairways.

Not what it used to be

I used to play this course when I was in college, because the price was not bad on a limited budget. From what I remember the condition has deteriorated over the last few years. My greeting in the Pro Shop worker felt like I was a burden and bothering him. There were a dead spots on a few greens, with the rain heavy weather this year, it should be the opposite. The rough was weeds and un-mowed, and the fairways were meh at best. The cart I had kept backfiring, so that was fun. The bunkers were probably some of the nicest I have had to play out of recently. It looks like a lot of fresh sand was recently brought it. That is about the only positive I have to say. I probably will not be back, which is unfortunate to say. I used to really enjoy this place.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

This course is very challenging with a great layout

The course was very rough and not in good shape as usual only because of the bad weather we have had for a long time!

Commented on 05/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 05/15/2019

Hello dkbeahm. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Cart path only, Really!

We have played Fox Creek a few times but never this early in the season.

We were told that the course was “ cart path only” in my opinion that was not enough there were some areas of the course that were not safe to walk on either.

On several Fairways including the 18th were not fit to play on. The course had not been mowed recently and there were many areas that had standing water.

I like Fox Creek, but today was one of those days when I wish I hadn’t bothered, I hit very straight, but was still losing balls on the “ fairways”

We will go back, but not at this time of year.

Happy that I live in Florida not Illinois

Commented on 05/07/2019

Hello, Lynda. Thank you for taking the time to review Fox creek Golf Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Lifetime playing this course

Please just fill up the 9th and 18th holes with dirt please immediately. Seriously what's the point I'd rather just hit off of dirt and my own T in the center of the fairway temporarily instead of literally sinking when I walk because hacks did the civil engineering and people's grey water is draining into the tiny fairway valley and smells like sewer and.is UNPLAYABLE. Just fill it up with dirt pitch it away from the green overtime and put some grass seed on it.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Fox Creek Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the condition of the course, and we greatly appreciate your feedback as we will work on making the necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Wood River, Illinois
Granite City, Illinois
3.9519470588
Granite City, Illinois

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.