Fox Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Gary Kern (1992) Ron Kern (1992)

Dress code Collared shirts no cut off shorts.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Plays Long 14

Waste of money

Don’t waste your money, greens are half dirt on probably 12-14 holes. Fairways are overgrown and feel like concrete with a little bit of grass on top.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club.

Some of the Greens and Fairways have a fungus and the santraps were ovrgrown with weeds. This course is a great layout with some tough holes,but the course condition has dropped off.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi and thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Needs TLC

-Fairways below average
-Greens below average
-Par and slope ratings did not jive on the card vs USGA GHIN
-many ares could have been maintained much better
- BUT A GREAT LAYOUT AND VERY CHALLENGING!

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Course has gone to garbage.

I don’t always write course reviews, but I feel I owe it to my fellow golfers for this one. I used to play this course while in college, and I remember it being much nicer. I knew it was going to be an interesting day when there was a guy filling up golf carts with a tank right in the parking lot. The gas guy proceeds to ask, “Do you have to ride by yourself?” Yeah, I am a solo golfer. I’m riding by myself. I warm up on the range, and the gas guy is also the bucket retriever. He is driving his cart on the hitting area of the range. I still have a few balls in my bucket and he drives over almost running over my driver to ask for the bucket....sure whatever. Now let’s get to the round. The pace of play was awful. I finally got fed up after 3:30 hours and 14 holes. Another employee was driving around the course letting groups know it’s slow today. Thanks lady, I figured that out on hole 1. Instead of telling us, maybe get people to pick up the pace. The score cards have time checks to help out with that. There should be no excuses. Let’s wrap up with the conditions. It’s been a generous year of rain and warmth. Clearly Fox Creek didn’t get the memo these were ideal care conditions. Of the 14 holes I played, 12 had greens with a significant amount of sand and dead spots. No one fixes a ball mark, and you either putt through desert or craters. Good luck getting a true read. The fairways and tee boxes were also dead. I’m not sure the last time they mowed. The rough was weeds, and there were much dead grass clumps scattered I lost 2 balls in that today. The round and bucket of balls was about $40; $20 would have been too much. It’s not worth with the time, effort, or money to play here. I will not be back.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

decent round of golf

my son and i played. the course was not perfect but few are when its this hot out. fairways had some rough spots and the greens were dyed but not in that bad of condition. my son is a good golfer and he didnt have anything bad to say about it. he did comment how he liked the layout and challenge level. we will go back for sure.

Anonymous

Friendly Staff, Challenging Course, Fairways Need Some TLC

Awesome staff, very friendly and attentive. They give you a super helpful booklet with info on each hole. You'll need it! Expect lots of ground under repair. The Fairways are a bit bald. Carts have seen better days. Our cart backfired once on a downhill. Super fun course! Very challenging, but can be forgiving. Starts off hard, but the back nine is pretty straightforward. Will definitely be back again soon!

Great value and pace of play

This course is a very difficult course to play and we love it! It challenges in ways that other courses in the area do not. There is a lot of water so definitely bring some balls you don’t mind losing. Our pace of play was the best it has been in quite a while but we were a twosome with twosomes before and after us as well. Highly recommend!!

Greens in good shape!

The greens where in good shape but some of the fairways were either hard as a rock or the grass needed some work.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi, Gabe. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the conditions of the fairways are very important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

The course was is EXCELLENT CONDITION. With all going on in our world today these guys got it figured out.

5 Star Customer Service

Great staff. Make the whole experience worthwhile, fun and easy. My go-to course in the STL Metro East.

Commented on 05/11/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Fox creek

Course conditions were very poor. Fairways and tee boxes were very tall and not mowed at all.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Terrific layout

The layout was one of the best I’ve ever played. There were elevation changes, some tight driving holes, some wide open fairways. The par 3’s were all challenging with carry over water on 3 of the 4 holes. The greens were as good as you can get. They were smooth and true. The pro shop manager was phenomenal! Very personable and certainly made me feel welcomed. My only complaint was the grass in many places hadn’t been mowed in a while. I’ll be back again to play this fun course.

Great people

Me and some friends came all the way from Madison Wisconsin for some nice weather and golf and we got that and we didn’t expect to get the great hospitality from the the people that worked there I honestly felt like I had known the people for years 10/10 nice golf course and great people.

A lot of fun

This course is challenging, and also very fun to play. There’s a few holes that are interesting and that kind of thing peaks my interest. The new management seems very helpful and friendly and the pro shop manager is super nice and super helpful as well! I would recommend giving this course a try. You’ll love it.

Great staff

Owner was a fantastic guy, super friendly and concerned how things were. Course was in pretty good shape for being the first day of the season. Will definitely be back.

Wood River, Illinois