A view over the water from Fox Run Golf Links

Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.

Fox Run Golf Links

Year Built 1983
Fairways Blue Grass

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Enjoyed a great round

Had a fantastic time at Fox Run! Good amount of challenges with water throughout the course. We would definitely recommend it and plan to be back. Thank you!

Construction

It is a fun and challenging course but they are in the middle of knocking down and rebuilding the club house

Tough conditions

Cart path only..understandable with all the rain..high rough, muddy ..No much amenities with clubhouse closed and being redone.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hi copper701. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for your patience with the construction on the clubhouse as it can effect what we can offer in amenities. Once that is done we should be good to go :)

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, u314159942599. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, u314159314730. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, masa04. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course in great shape, every hole was different in its own way , pace of play was amazing got held up only once for like 5 min the rest we could play at our own pace

Commented on 09/08/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Bmarq. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Great value for the $$$

We have played here before, but didn't remember it very well. What a great surprise. Course was in excellent shape. We play at Cantigny in Wheaton fairly often, but this course condition was comparable, for a much lower price. Starter was really nice, greens were fast but fair. This will be now on our regular list to play often. Would absolutely recommend - you wont be disappointed.

Commented on 09/03/2020

uWUFK8704WU, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi, 22nashvillepreds. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi, u109131367. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Fox Run in Good shape

Considering the lack of rain lately the course is in very good shape. Greens are especially nice, but fairways are in good shape too. Pace was a little slow because of some walkers in front of us. Good experience for my first time there.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for your review, u6904719. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi tinmen. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (847) 228-3544 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 09/11/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, songboun. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hello, u314160023829. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi, kwalders. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Feeling of disrespect and talked down to

I recognize the actions/attitudes of one starter or ranger don’t reflect the organization as a whole, but I felt absolutely disrespected.

To start, the group in front was walking off the 1st green. As we were getting ready to tee it up, my group was told to “hold up” from teeing off because we arrived at the tee a few minutes before our scheduled time. I accepted this. In fact, I applauded that he held us up as to not run into the group in front.

However, after walking to our carts off the 9th green, my group was asked to pick up the pace, which I respect, however part of the starter/ranger’s reasoning for asking us to pick up the pace was there were 2 foursomes behind us (one on the fairway, and one waiting on the tee box).

note: these two groups were playing a best ball scramble.

When I explained to the gentleman that approached us, “we can pick it it up, but those two groups are playing a best ball scramble.”

He responded, “I don’t care.”

He continued to tell us that there was an open hole in front of us, and that his time had us 10 minutes behind pace, which is fine. I completely understand he has a job to do. However, by the time we arrived to the 10th tee, according to our cart GPS, we were 2 minutes ahead of pace.

At this point that’s neither here nor there. Pace of play is and will continue to be a issue, but being told, “I DON’T CARE.” Is completely unacceptable.

Side note: we teed off at 10:30am and finished at 2:41pm (4 hours and 11 minutes; score card has a pace of play 4 hours and 15 minutes)

Cart fee

When booking, it says cart fee included. As no indication in your confirmation, golf courses tell me to pay for the cart. Please indicate it somewhere in the confirmation.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Hello u4590344. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi, Robert2785241. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Wood Dale, Illinois