Fox Run Golf Links

Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.
Fox Run Golf Links
Scorecard for Fox Run Golf Links
Blue M: 70.1/125 378 406 215 508 390 166 371 341 360 3135 370 477 397 384 415 182 331 173 393 3122 6257
White M: 68.6/121 360 388 197 492 374 151 361 316 344 2983 365 459 381 368 386 175 287 158 373 2952 5935
Gold M: 67.1/117 W: 70.3/116 350 330 173 463 348 151 351 316 335 2817 358 450 354 344 360 145 277 158 353 2799 5616
Red W: 72.5/121 313 321 169 453 334 110 304 298 321 2623 310 414 344 334 360 128 237 143 320 2590 5213

Year Built 1983
Fairways Blue Grass

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 10/02/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! Come back to Fox Run Golf Links again soon.
Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 09/11/2018:
Thanks for playing Fox Run Golf Links. We're sorry to hear you were rained out after 5 holes. We hope you experience better weather next time you play out here.
Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 08/27/2018:
Thanks for the 4 stars! Come back soon.

Another awesome experience

What a great time again at an awesome municipal course! Although a bit of rain came the pace of play was awesome! I played so well that I pulled a bender at the fox den but it was such a great day!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 08/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We appreciate your kind words and we're thrilled to hear how great of a time you had. Come back again soon!
Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for your 5 stars!

Took way too long

One of the most excruciating rounds of golf I've ever played , Us and the twosome in front of us waited on every hole on the back nine. Called the ranger to complain. He came up and said they were playing at PACE of play.What a joke. If it was a Sunday and not a Monday I would understand a long round there was nobody in front of them and nobody behind us. That was on hold 12 and never came back to see if they have sped up. They should have at least let us play through as a foursome it was a hundred degrees out and two guys were walking in there group I understand we had carts playing faster golf etiquette let us play through I thought the ranger job was to speed up the pace of play. I play every week booked another course this week not sure if I will go back did not expect a 3-hour round but four-and-a-half is ridiculous

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links. It’s unfortunate to hear we didn’t meet your expectations but the pace of play on Monday was moving along smoothly. Your group finished in 4 hours, which is right on target for many municipal golf courses during the summer. Our ranger did a fantastic job of making sure all golfers were playing ahead pace. Visit foxrungolflinks.com to book your next round and be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Nice Course

For a public, miminicipal course it’s in great shape. Challenge layout. It felt like two different courses. The front 9 was not as challenging as the back, but all of it was in great shape. Will definitely be back.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and layout. Come back for another round soon!

So slow

Minimum 5 hour round with little to no help from the rangers. They pushed every group back because the first group woke up late so they let them tee off late. We teed off at 7 am and it still took every bit of 5 hours. It was also in the 90s and not a single water jug on the course. I think there might have been 1 water fountain.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for spending a part of your 4th of July with us at Fox Run Golf Links! We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal due to the holiday. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Pleasant scenery

Nice place, great par 3’s and challenging holes with water hazards!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round. Hopefully you stayed out of the water on the par 3's! Come back again soon.

Too much!

We tried as usual to play our round from the white tees. Unfortunately, excessive rainfall dictated that our shots got virtually no roll. As such we moved up to gold at hole 10.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links, Ron! We're sorry to hear you weren't getting any roll in the fairways but we're glad to hear you moved up a tee box on the back 9 to make it a more enjoyable round. Come back soon!

5 1/2 hour round

In the past, this course has been fun to play. We went out today at 1040 and was packed behind enough people to only finish our first 3 holes by 1200.. The course itself was in decent condition (Cart path only on 5 holes-rained the previous week a few times) but the greens were slow.

Off course amenities- beverage carts should have water in them. If they aren’t going to provide water along the course, they should at least provide it for purchase.

I’m not here to complain about the course. The course played nice and was challenging but the overall experience wasn’t what it should have been.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/29/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links. We apologize if the pace of play during your round was slower than normal and we appreciate your feedback regarding the beverage cart. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course itself though and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

A good value with friendly staff

Played our round on Father's day Sunday 2018. Teed off just before 8am. Course was in good condition, however, I wish golfers would repair their own ball marks though (takes just 10 seconds!). We waited on most holes... took us 4 hours and 35 minutes. I prefer rounds to be 4 hours or less. I don't fault Fox Run for the issue... most golfers don't know how to play ready golf.

Fox Run is a friendly place to play and is a good value for the money. The bar and food staf were great. Every employee (from the proshop to the starters to the rangers to the food/bar staff) we encountered had a smile on their face and most engaged us in friendly conversation.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/20/2018:
We are glad you joined us for Father's Day! We are glad you found value in the course.

What a beauty of a course

One of the best municipal courses in the area. The greens are always in perfect shape and the groundscrew is always hard at work. The management team greets you with a warm and smiling face. The Fox Den is a great place for post round eats and multiple cocktails. They also have loose gambling machines to compensate you for your greens fees & Zambuca's post round! I cannot wait to play here again! Unfortunately, I am the worlds greatest three putter but that aint the courses fault!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/20/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you recognized the quality of our course staff.
WorldsGr8test3Putter
Commented On 06/25/2018

Thank you. Have a blessed day!

Course conditions

From Arizona first time playing this course. Wow

Nothing like what I have there. I was impressed with everything. From chipping area to putting green to tee boxes to fairways to greens. This course sits very high on courses I’ve played outside of Arizona. I will com back just to play here again. Only one bad comment to say. It kinda sucks that the driving range is 5 minutes away

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/13/2018:
We are glad you had a great first experience of our golf course! We look forward to your next visit.
Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/11/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back soon.

Good course with some work to do

Greens are a little bit bumpy.

Sand traps need to all be redone completely.

Tough layout, makes you work for your score.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:
We're sorry to only see 3 stars. What can we do better next time?

Two different 9’s two different worlds. The front are nice regular golf holes, get to the back 9’s, TOUGH! lots of water and challenging. Great course for the price, fairways well maintained, and the greens were pristine! Would go back whenever back in town

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:
Thanks for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our challenging and fun layout. Hope to see you out here again soon!

Fix run

Course was Is in great shape. Greens were very consistent. Don’t like that the range is not in the grounds you have to drive to another place

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:
Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links, Samuel. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions. Come back again soon!

Course was in great shape management takes good care of it glad to see they read the reviews and take care of problem from it

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:
Thank you for your review! Our maintenance crew works very hard to provide great course conditions so we appreciate you taking notice. Come back again soon!

Offaly for sam

Staff very friendly , course was in good shape and pace of play was excellent. Will be back.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:
Awesome! Thanks for playing Fox Run Golf Links. We're glad you enjoyed your round. Book another tee time with us soon!
Streamwood, Illinois