Fox Run Golf Links

Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Blue Grass
Golf Season: Open: 3/01 Closed: 11/15

Caddies: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.

Location is in the 'burbs near the airport convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for your 5 stars!

"Took way too long"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

One of the most excruciating rounds of golf I've ever played , Us and the twosome in front of us waited on every hole on the back nine. Called the ranger to complain. He came up and said they were playing at PACE of play.What a joke. If it was a Sunday and not a Monday I would understand a long round there was nobody in front of them and nobody behind us. That was on hold 12 and never came back to see if they have sped up. They should have at least let us play through as a foursome it was a hundred degrees out and two guys were walking in there group I understand we had carts playing faster golf etiquette let us play through I thought the ranger job was to speed up the pace of play. I play every week booked another course this week not sure if I will go back did not expect a 3-hour round but four-and-a-half is ridiculous

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links. It’s unfortunate to hear we didn’t meet your expectations but the pace of play on Monday was moving along smoothly. Your group finished in 4 hours, which is right on target for many municipal golf courses during the summer. Our ranger did a fantastic job of making sure all golfers were playing ahead pace. Visit foxrungolflinks.com to book your next round and be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"So slow"

tepaintbl's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Minimum 5 hour round with little to no help from the rangers. They pushed every group back because the first group woke up late so they let them tee off late. We teed off at 7 am and it still took every bit of 5 hours. It was also in the 90s and not a single water jug on the course. I think there might have been 1 water fountain.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for spending a part of your 4th of July with us at Fox Run Golf Links! We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal due to the holiday. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

"Pleasant scenery"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018

Nice place, great par 3’s and challenging holes with water hazards!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round. Hopefully you stayed out of the water on the par 3's! Come back again soon.

"Too much!"

ron90's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

We tried as usual to play our round from the white tees. Unfortunately, excessive rainfall dictated that our shots got virtually no roll. As such we moved up to gold at hole 10.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 07/10/2018:

Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links, Ron! We're sorry to hear you weren't getting any roll in the fairways but we're glad to hear you moved up a tee box on the back 9 to make it a more enjoyable round. Come back soon!

"5 1/2 hour round"

Sdklatt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

In the past, this course has been fun to play. We went out today at 1040 and was packed behind enough people to only finish our first 3 holes by 1200.. The course itself was in decent condition (Cart path only on 5 holes-rained the previous week a few times) but the greens were slow.

Off course amenities- beverage carts should have water in them. If they aren’t going to provide water along the course, they should at least provide it for purchase.

I’m not here to complain about the course. The course played nice and was challenging but the overall experience wasn’t what it should have been.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/29/2018:

Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links. We apologize if the pace of play during your round was slower than normal and we appreciate your feedback regarding the beverage cart. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course itself though and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

"A good value with friendly staff"

whchamb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played our round on Father's day Sunday 2018. Teed off just before 8am. Course was in good condition, however, I wish golfers would repair their own ball marks though (takes just 10 seconds!). We waited on most holes... took us 4 hours and 35 minutes. I prefer rounds to be 4 hours or less. I don't fault Fox Run for the issue... most golfers don't know how to play ready golf.

Fox Run is a friendly place to play and is a good value for the money. The bar and food staf were great. Every employee (from the proshop to the starters to the rangers to the food/bar staff) we encountered had a smile on their face and most engaged us in friendly conversation.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/20/2018:

We are glad you joined us for Father's Day! We are glad you found value in the course.

"What a beauty of a course"

WorldsGr8test3Putter's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

One of the best municipal courses in the area. The greens are always in perfect shape and the groundscrew is always hard at work. The management team greets you with a warm and smiling face. The Fox Den is a great place for post round eats and multiple cocktails. They also have loose gambling machines to compensate you for your greens fees & Zambuca's post round! I cannot wait to play here again! Unfortunately, I am the worlds greatest three putter but that aint the courses fault!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/20/2018:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you recognized the quality of our course staff.

Commented on 06/25/2018

Thank you. Have a blessed day!

"Course conditions"

Jacob3536516's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

From Arizona first time playing this course. Wow

Nothing like what I have there. I was impressed with everything. From chipping area to putting green to tee boxes to fairways to greens. This course sits very high on courses I’ve played outside of Arizona. I will com back just to play here again. Only one bad comment to say. It kinda sucks that the driving range is 5 minutes away

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/13/2018:

We are glad you had a great first experience of our golf course! We look forward to your next visit.

mjbosco15's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 06/11/2018:

Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back soon.

"Good course with some work to do"

jvkent17's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Greens are a little bit bumpy.

Sand traps need to all be redone completely.

Tough layout, makes you work for your score.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:

We're sorry to only see 3 stars. What can we do better next time?

"Value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Two different 9’s two different worlds. The front are nice regular golf holes, get to the back 9’s, TOUGH! lots of water and challenging. Great course for the price, fairways well maintained, and the greens were pristine! Would go back whenever back in town

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:

Thanks for playing Fox Run Golf Links! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our challenging and fun layout. Hope to see you out here again soon!

"Fix run"

Samuel2431735's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Course was Is in great shape. Greens were very consistent. Don’t like that the range is not in the grounds you have to drive to another place

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links, Samuel. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions. Come back again soon!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Course was in great shape management takes good care of it glad to see they read the reviews and take care of problem from it

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:

Thank you for your review! Our maintenance crew works very hard to provide great course conditions so we appreciate you taking notice. Come back again soon!

"Offaly for sam"

3320nclifton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Staff very friendly , course was in good shape and pace of play was excellent. Will be back.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:

Awesome! Thanks for playing Fox Run Golf Links. We're glad you enjoyed your round. Book another tee time with us soon!

"Junior friendly"

u202379017's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

I’ve played this course a few times years ago but recently started bringing my two daughters 8 & 6 with me. They are part of the youth on course program and I’m ever so happy for it. They have markers set up for your junior to tee off from and junior score cards. I’ve found it difficult finding places to take my girls due to courses not really accommodating the junior golfer whether from lack of junior tee area and biggest cost. With them being part of youth on course it makes it very affordable and easy. My youngest can’t always finish a round no matter how much she insists. Lol. It’s nice having to only pay $5 so if she can’t it’s not a big deal. The staff is very friendly and considerate. Course is well maintained. Challenging but not discouraging difficult for my girls. I love golfing with my family and Fox Run has made that easier and even more enjoyable!

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear how much you and your daughters enjoy playing here at Fox Run Golf Links. It's important to us for golfers of all ages to feel welcome here. Come back again soon!

"Challanging and fun"

Glen8273700's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

This is probably my 20th time playing this track. Some tough par threes, challanging par fours, nice par fives. The stff is always friendly even though it rained and it was cold we still enjoyed the small amount of play we had gotten in. I say everyone should try this gem.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/17/2018:

Thank you for your kind review, Glenn. We appreciate you continuously coming back to play Fox Run Golf Links and recommending us to others as well. Hopefully the weather will be nicer for your next round. See you again soon!

"Alot of weeds"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

The course has way too many dandelions every where especially by the trees they should have workers use a weed wacker and kill these dandelions and weeds had to stop using a yellow ball cuz it Blended in with the dandelions also between some of the fairways and houses dandelions everywhere. It would improve the course greatly to take care of this

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/09/2018:

Hello, on behalf of the Fox Run Golf Links staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Best Staff"

djeng62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

Some of the most cordial starters and club managers I've had the pleasure to meet.

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 05/07/2018:

Thank you for your kind words and 5 stars! Customer service is very important to us here at Fox Run Golf Links so we appreciate you taking notice. Come back again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Response from Fox Run Golf Links on 04/17/2018:

Thanks for the 4 stars! Come back again soon.