A view over the water from Fox Run Golf Links

Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.

Fox Run Golf Links

Year Built 1983
Fairways Blue Grass

Quick round - Overcast Day

Soggy turf.
(Raining on/off for 10 days.)
My wife and I basically had course to ourself. Others stayed away due to less than perfect conditions, but that was just fine.
Lots of water comes into play. Gotta think your shots through.
Friendly Ranger/Starter.

Course was in good condition. Greens were perfect, no marks, fast and ran true. Putting was a pure joy. Some are f the hole layout was confusing at times, finding the 7th hole was difficult to find. Not well marked.

Overall course was fair and fun to play.

Love this golf course, the layout, fairways, the greens and the tee boxes are in excellent condition and well maintained.

Response from on 05/26/2017:
Hello Michelle, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Course improvements

Over the last few years the course has continued to improve the out of bounds areas along several fairways which improves speed of play so golfers are wandering looking for their balls in the tangled growth. But even it just looks and feels better playing those holes knowing exactly where hazards are and just visually more pleasing. Also, staff was helpful with accommodating my twosome after a mix up on our tee time.

Fun March Golf

I came in as a single just trying to squeeze in as much golf as I could in March. Pace of play was very slow, others had the same idea as me, and it was cart path only which led to some of the delay. I joined the 3 some ahead of me and had a good time. The greens were in incredible shape for March, I was shocked. A lot of holes are short and a driver isnt needed. Bunkers are in play off the tee on a lot of holes. I enjoy playing this course. FUN GOLFER NOTICE* if you plan on bringing your own beer you have to hide it in your bag. carts are not allowed into the parking lot so you cannot sneak in a cooler.

good value for money

First time played and was pleasantly surprised.

For winter time, was in decent shape..

Although pace was acceptable, could use more on course ranger presence to keep pace up...

Great round of golf

I love this course. It's my first round every year for the past 3 years and I try to play here at least twice a year.

Scenic views

Beautiful course with challenging holes

Twilight here stinks

i would NOT recommend to play twilight here. The last 4 or 5 holes are facing west. While the sun is setting its blinding you and it's extremely difficult to see your shots.

great except

It was cart paths only because of rain the day before. That led to a tiring day.

Andrew

The layout of some of the holes was pretty poor. Had to cross a street multiple times to get to different holes. Course rangers went on huge power trips. Would not play again.

Response from on 11/16/2016:
Hi asdfasdfasdfOK, Thank you for review. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our course layout as well as with our course rangers. We have noted your concerns and will work on improving our service. We hope you give us a second chance and that we see you back soon.

How I hate this course!!!

I think the title of my review just about says it all. I'll never play this course again. I've said that before, but this time I mean it.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Nice short tight track with huge receptive semi slow greens.

Course is really a fun little layout, definitely take my hat off to the grounds crew, excellent job, very nice conditions. Greens are on the slow side, but roll true, looks like a lot of senior citizens play here, so understandably so, which leads me to the one and only thing that left a bad taste in our mouths, ..the candor and conduct of the course Ranger, and the fact that he was more concerned about fellow employees being able to play through paying customers, even though there was no where to go, and we were on a 3 hr. 18 hole pace, a little unsettling for our group to say the least, must of been 3 or 4 2somes of employees/mid day on a Tuesday.

My Run at Fox Run

Fox Run Came highly recommended from a co-worker as his go to Track; Arrived at approx 11:45AM for a 12:08PM tee time I was warmly greeting by the rangers was told at the check in at the desk my party had already arrived and check in. We tee off on time, had an enjoyable round as we closed the front end you have the opportunity to order before you tee off and pick your food up before you hit the back end. Despite the hot weather and my poor play it was a good experience and will be back to tackle this course again.

Nice Course

A little tight, watch out for balls. Greens were in good condition and held well.

available beverages

it was very hot and humid. no water coolers and no beverage cart. too hot and humid to go more than 2-3 holes without something to drink . needed ice!!!!!

56ea3c51-7c9f-5ac4-b2de-ac8bbf01ae68
Commented on 06/21/2016

wja0001e,

Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate your feedback regarding drinks on hot days this summer, and we will look into it. Please, come play again soon so that we may exceed your expectations next time!

Best regards,
Fox Run Management

BEST DEAL AROUND

Best value around,drove from MontgomeryIL.well worth it.GPS makes for faster play,also rough not too deep able to find balls without much problem.Can"t beat it.

56ea3c51-7c9f-5ac4-b2de-ac8bbf01ae68
Commented on 06/21/2016

donrussell44,

Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are happy to hear you found value in our course. Please, come play again soon!

Best regards,
Fox Run Management

Pace and course we're in good shape

Unlike other reviews that I have read, the pace of play was fine, we finished in 4.5 hours on a Sunday. A noticeable ranger was on the course. Course was also in good shape, and green surfaces were smooth and fast.

Great value

Enjoyed playing course. Being a value price through golf now mad it a real nice deal. Greens very good but pace of play was very slow. Nice variety of holes with some very challenging but others easy.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.