Fox Lake Country Club

Silver 72 6156 yards 70.3 124
Scorecard for Fox Lake Country Club, Inc.
Black M: 71.0/125 323 372 102 424 443 465 494 179 335 3137 340 195 499 326 179 371 302 484 526 3222 6359
Silver M: 69.8/122 316 362 94 415 432 451 483 165 331 3049 326 175 492 306 167 356 293 472 520 3107 6156
Gold W: 70.9/117 309 320 86 357 372 385 399 150 251 2629 306 114 420 306 120 246 284 391 466 2653 5282

Year Built 1925
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Harry Hall King (1925) Dick Nugent (1973) Ken Killian (1973)

Beautiful layout

1of my top five favorites, fairways were kept clean , challenging hills and long holes, 2 holes with water, quite a few traps surrounding most holes, there was 2 other groups on the course so it was a joy to take our time and enjoy the vistas

Extremely Slow Play 2hours50mins 9 holes

Need a Marshall to keep pace of play. 2 hours 50 minutes to play back 9 holes

Nice Round

The course looks much easier on paper - the rolling hills and blind shots make it much more challenging. Enjoyed the round but the snack shop wasn't open which was disappointing. Other than that, the course was a fun time.

Pace of play

We had a foursome in front of us that would not let us play through. We were a twosome and playing much quicker until we had to wait on every tee. I said to the ranger that it was extremely slow and just smiled and kept going. Round was close to 5 hours with an open hole ahead of the group in front of us all day.

Not all that great

Played here twice recently. First time bought on line and there was an outing. Took forever to play. Not their fault. I called twice for this past Sunday, three days before and night before and was told "No outing" so purchased on line again. There was another outng. Slow play and rained. Not happy. I felt like they lied to sell tee time.

Customer service needs big time work...

When I'm checking in 35 minutes prior to my assigned tee time, I was told I have to head immediately to the 1st hole and tee off to avoid a league. No warm up just grab it and rip it. Not the way to start a round.

After repairing about 8-10 divots on a green, I made my way back to my cart quickly to get out of the way of the foursome behind me. In a hurry I did walk thru a sand trap. One of the grounds crew drove up and said "just for your information, we use a golf rake here At our club". He did have a point but his tone and choice of words where meant to make me feel cheesy and stupid. While he was correct, after finishing repairing half the green form other golfers neglrlect came at a bad time.

Rounding 9 and going to to 10 I was welcomed by 2 foursomes that were waiting to tee off. So the back 9 was completely full. I was a single so I wasn't going to fit in any whalers. . I thought I'd go to the golf checkin at the clubhouse and see if I could perhaps replay the front 9. When I began to ask the personel at the desk he cut me off and made me move my cart that he felt was parked in the wrong place. He then left the shop and embarrased me again by insisting that he move my cart personally.

At that point the desire of playing golf had escaped me and I just grabbed my clubs and left after playing 9 of the 18 holes I paid for.

When golf is clearly on the downside in terms of attedence I think that this club needs a tune up with regard to staying in business. First off don't post tee times on golfnow in the middle of league play. Treat customers with some sort of dignity and good intent on their part. Be polite not arrogant. It's not pebble beach.

Fox Lake

Course played in 4:40. Should have played quicker. Fair number of duffers slowed play.

First Time There: Pleasantly Surprised

Beautiful course, excellently maintained. I was surprised, a little, by how compressed it is - it's designed extremely efficiently, with a smaller footprint than others, but still with plenty of length.This just added to the fun - you have to hit a straight drive or you'll be in someone else's fairway. I also loved the beauty of the course - it's aged well, with lots of beautiful, mature trees, some of which play a big part in how you approach certain holes. And the hills! Wow. Great course. Loved it. Definitely going back again.

Fox Lake, Illinois