2.6
1 reviews
1 reviews

Year Built 1921
Architect Bob Lohmann Dick Nugent (1982)

Carts Yes - $17

Restaurant

2.6

Rude Staff and Management

Management and staff are rude. My husband was there on a weekend and paid for 3 people to play, our priest and our 17-year-old daughter rounded out the three players. I came along to watch my daughter play and to drive the cart. An employee came out and yelled from the clubhouse that my husband would have to pay for me to ride along, fine, whatever. While I was there I asked an employee if I would be able to rent a cart during the week when my daughter came to play for her high school tournament, I was told that as long as I paid for the cart, I would be able to get a cart. When I arrived on the day of the tournament and asked to rent a cart I was told I could not get a cart. When I explained that I had asked earlier in the week about the cart, the employee went and got a manager. When the manager came out to speak to me about the situation I again tried to explain what I had been told and he would not allow me to finish and started to speak over me. I know there are different rules in effect due to the COVID-19 situation, but this does not excuse the lack of respect and their rude behavior.

My favorite Chicagoland course

I've been playing at Glencoe for 30+ years. This is my go-to course in Chicagoland. It's a beautiful course with old-growth trees and well-maintained fairways with good drainage. Some of the best greens around: fast and challenging. Only two of the greens could be called, "flat layout." All the rest are sloped in some way, making every round a different challenge as they move the flag around.

For 10 years I held an outing at Glencoe with as many as 40 golfers in attendance. They graciously hosted us and cleared the course for the morning to accommodate us. They set up longest drive and closest to the pin contests for us.

The staff is super-friendly and accommodating.

Perhaps my only "criticism" is that the clubhouse and locker rooms are outdated and could use a facelift.
Another small criticism is: they rarely have a drink cart on the course. Although that is not why I go to Glencoe. It's for the beautiful course.

Great old-school course.

Fabulous views provide backdrop for a classic old-school layout. Not overly long but good hole layouts are complemented by the best greens on the North Shore. Excellent value and a fun golf round.

Glencoe, Illinois