North/East at Otter Creek Golf Course

Middle 72 5581 yards 67.5 132
Back (W) 72 5581 yards 72.6 124
Forward (W) 72 5283 yards 70.8 121
Scorecard for North/East
Black M: 75.2/141 552 425 207 416 616 390 458 195 469 3728 423 219 366 349 581 172 464 528 444 3546 7274
Blue M: 73.6/138 528 405 187 405 584 370 404 175 427 3485 405 195 340 333 566 160 440 510 424 3373 6858
Gold M: 71.5/134 W: 72.6/124 508 396 168 396 559 327 396 156 414 3320 380 159 320 319 533 150 395 480 404 3140 6460
White M: 67.5/132 460 361 123 363 484 296 360 113 374 2934 335 120 270 263 450 99 345 435 330 2647 5581
Red W: 70.8/121 448 355 108 289 472 284 348 111 332 2747 323 108 255 251 438 87 333 426 318 2539 5286

Year Built 1995

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2015 #5)

Indy Advisor

Decent Classic Course

Played the North/West course of Otter Creek with some friends. The course is an interesting classic design, with some tight holes and several doglegs. We played it early in the morning, and the rough was lush/thick after rain the previous day. There were several bare/patchy spots on the West course, especially where water would collect in low spots on fairways and such. Some tees were a little chewed as well. We also had to wait for staff to arrive before we could tee off, which was a bit surprising and forced us to start 15 min or so after our scheduled time. But, overall it's a good course that's worth playing if you find yourself near Columbus.

Stuck in the Past Much?

I had heard a bunch of great things about this course but all of the stories took place twenty plus years ago. When you read up on the Otter Creek website it share a bunch of stats along with “Championship History”. The course may have hosted greatness at one time, but today, it’s a mediocre municipal course. I believe during the time of greatness it was owned by Cummins, now owner by the city of Columbus.

I play a lot of golf and I would pass up this course if I was down in Columbus again. There are just so many better options if you are traveling in. The course charged a weekday rate with cart of $65. “IF” the course was championship shape, ok, but the course I played was a <$30 course with cart.

Greens were true, but awfully slow.

Bunkers state they are “white sand” on the website, they were hard as rock and hadn’t been raked.

Dead grass in many many places in the fairways.

The rough was the best part of the course, long and dangerous. Stay out of the rough!

Overall, boring course with disappointing expectations.

A quality course

The day we went the frost was on so there was some delay but that is to be expected this time if year. By the time the frost cleared they had the greens nicely mowed and they putted true. The greens are a little demanding but fair.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 12/04/2017:
Thanks for the great review, ken55miller! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Otter Creek Golf Course.
Indiana Advisor

A great Indiana golf facility

Played day after Thanksgiving, so feeling thankful for weather like this. Sunny most of the day, breezy. Played whites on West/North (RTJs original 18 if I'm not mistaken) and even though we had some tees moved up, the cooler weather & wind put some teeth back into our round. Pace was perfect, sub 4hrs.

Can't say anything bad about conditions, especially for Nov. Tees, fairways, bunkers & greens were all in great shape (bunkers have the lighter, looser sand, so they were solid even though some hadn't been raked). Played a few shots from the rough, was just ok...but I don't expect a lot. Greens were very consistent.

This place has a kinda old school vibe. A fair amount of bunkers in play, lot of them flanking the landing areas off the tee. Some holes offer a tight tee, others a little more open, so I think a nice mix. The 9s cross a creek a few times, and the holes leading away from the clubhouse tumble downhill (then back up the hill to finish each 9). There's a few short holes offering fun risk/reward if you want go for it. I like all the par 3s (#4 on West is one of my favs). Lot of big greens, so get your yardage right.

Overall I really like the place - I hadn't been here in a while, but I'm putting it back into the rota next year, you should too. It's a central Indy top 10.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 11/28/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Otter Creek Golf Course!

This course is just alright

The course is ok. It is well maintained except members who don't rake bunkers. I guess my only issue was the layout wasn't great. Typical wide open course with holes running side by side. For the money, I feel there are better options.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 10/23/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the layout of our course. We appreciate you giving us a shot!

The staff are extremely friendly. We were scheduled to play the North/ East courses nut we prefer the North/West. They changed us upon request.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 10/16/2017:
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

Disappointed Day

Course should have been closed, because of excessive water. Unsafe to walk from tee box to cart because of mud. Ruts from carts . Greens slow unable to cut from being so wet. Traps also not at level they.should be from to much water.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 10/16/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback about your round. We apologize for the wet conditions of the course. We hope this doesn't deter your from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Course was in good shape the greens were a little slow due to being punched and verticut recently, but that's okay maintenance is necessary for healthy course conditions, I didnt appreciate the gruffness of the guy behind the counter but he was easy to ignore I'm not one to let one bozo ruin a great time

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 09/26/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your patience during our recent maintenance and apologize the experience with our staff wasn't up to par. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

Great layout

Friendly staff, great layout , all day price best way to play

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 09/06/2017:
Hi Rob8116520, thanks for the kind words! We hope to see you again soon at Otter Creek.

Very enjoyable round

The course always seems to be in great shape and very well maintained. The staff is the best! Never an issue with carts that run very well with good power.

Response from Otter Creek Golf Course on 08/23/2017:
Hi ChrisCalligan, thanks for the kind words! Come back and see us again soon.
Greensburg, Indiana