Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Architect Hale Irwin

Very nice for the $

Staff did an excellent job preparing the course after a day of all rain , it was a little chilly the morning we golfed but after the sun burned away the fog and overcast the sunshine revealed a beautiful manicured course with excellent playing conditions despite having a all day rain the previous day . Nice course for your money and a very friendly staff , i recommend this course to all skill levels of golfers

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Legacy Golf Course.

Slow play and lousy fairways

Very disappointed, Had 1105 tee time.but didn’t start until 1145. Very slow play, in fact over 5hrs, gave up and left on 16th. Fairways not that good shape.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello Dennis. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve. Thank you for playing Legacy Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello Cgriffin9. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Legacy Golf Course.

One of the better courses in the area. Greens are always good.

Great conditions!

Greens were fantastic and i will drive over there any time just to play 18 again!!

Know your etiquette

I would like to start this review by saying this course is one of my favorites. The staff is always friendly, and the greens are some of the best I have played on.

With that said in my round on Friday I had my worst experience at this course. It was so bad the grounds keepers even said something to me.

I teed off on the back 9, and I was playing solo. Something I like doing as a warm up for playing with my buddies on the weekend. I was through the first hole in a matter of minutes. Tee’d off on 11 and there was a 3 some in front of me. I nearly drove the green from the tips. Walk up to my ball and the whole group looks back at me. They clear the green on the par 4 so I take my approach shot and two put out.

The group of three in front of me takes notice but continues to play their tee shot from the par 3. I wait on them continuously for the entire back 9. Shoot the distance of the stick while they are clearing the green, but somehow manage to get a dirty look from the old man in the group.

The moral of the story here is know your etiquette, let the solo’s play through.

Repair your ball marks too. This course has some of the best greens in the area but I spent a great majority of my round repairing the marks of the group in front of me. If you can’t afford a $10 divot tool golf is the wrong sport for you.

This is a great little course in Granite City. The place is always in good shape and the staff is excellent. I would definitely recommend this place for me it's in the top five courses in the area dollar for dollar.

Great value

Pretty good course and a value for the cost. Greens were in good shape.

Last year I bought a greens fee through golf now and when we arrived we learned the course was closed. Still they had sold teetimes through golf now. The older man managing the place could’ve cared less that we drove all the way out there. Horrible customer service that day. What made it worse was after we left the course they were still selling GolfNow TeeTimes even though the course was closed.

Okay course but bring the bug spray

Course okay. Greens are in awesome shape but fairways and around greens bad and dried up. Lots of stagnant water around which draws the bugs. Tough to hit a shot when you are swarmed with gnats. Bring bug spray.
Also so much clover in rough that you will lose balls. I lost a dozen in high clover all day. They need to get rid of all the clover.
Good deal on golf now and paid 27$ with tax. It was worth it for the deal.
Staff nice and clubhouse great.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hi, creddog4me. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Legacy Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/05/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review The Legacy Golf Course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Above Average Course for current conditions

Call the course and book your tee time, GolfNow doesn't give you any discount. You pay more $ just for convenience. Many of the courses in the area are struggling this season with missing fairways, etc.

The fairways aren't crisp and green as the nice courses but they're at least filled in. I've played a few courses this year where there is dirt throughout the fairs and this didn't seem to be the case here.

Greens are normally in above average condition as well. Firm, ball didn't stick very well but consistent across all 18.

I'd play this over other courses in the area based on current conditions at this time. Course can play moderate to hard based on weather conditions as it's not uncommon to have 10-30mph winds which makes some par 4s/5s a task.

It was a nice warm spring day for golf. First part of the course I must mention are the greens - they are in great condition, medium speed after a little rain the day before. With the rough spring weather, some areas of the course are struggling with standing water. However, they are doing a great job keeping up the conditions they have control over! The layout was average - many holes have water but lacking a little diversity in the style of golf holes. Electric cart was smooth. Water tanks were filled around the course. Thanks for a nice day of golf!

April golf day

Staff was super friendly and informative. Hooked up with a twosome and had big fun. Will be back.

Nice winter golf

Surprising course conditions for 1st week of January. Greens were fine and rolled pretty good.
Fairly easy to find balls despite some leaves.
Layout is pretty straight forward, you could see the flag from almost every tee.
Would probably be an easy course in warmer weather but played challenging in winter.
I'll play here again in spring.

Illinois Advisor

January Golf is Always Great

For January, the course is in great shape. The greens are consistent. The staff is wonderful. It was cart path only but my hubby has a handicap and they gave him a flag so we could cross at 90 degrees. There’s a very small pro shop and I can’t comment on the food because we didn’t eat there. The course is mostly flat and of course the grass is dormant. The bunkers could use some work but it’s January so they get a big pass on that. We enjoyed it!!

Great course, great value!

I’ve played this course a few times, and it’s always been in great shape. The greens were good, if a little slow and spongy. I really enjoy playing here

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello, JBP84. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Legacy Golf Course another try in the near future.

Good Greens

The course was in rough shape, however the greens were surprisingly really good! I guess if you a beginning golfer it would be ok!!

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Granite City, Illinois
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Caseyville, Illinois
Wood River, Illinois

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.