2.3

Year Built 1940

Plays Twice a year

A muni with US Open rough?

Ok, I have played here many times. I do not play because it is a challenging or beautiful. It is close and relatively inexpensive. I will often play here with people who need a little more forgiveness in a course. The rough was ridiculously long. So deep, we could not find golf balls. I know what you are going to say, "hit it in the fairway". Well we all know that just does not happen as often as we want especially with golfers who do not play very often. Based on how many golf balls we found that were not ours, we were not the only ones with this issue.

I really wish courses would go back to dress codes. Tank tops and cut off should not be allowed. This course has none.

SLOW

Pace of play was very slow. Majority of the players were pretty poor golfers who did not understand how to play at a decent rate. Holes are close together so you end up playing with the groups on adjacent holes. Loud! Greens are fantastic though. A decent place to take kids and/or new players. Will not go back unless it's my only alternative.

Great course for last min golfing.

I love this course. As many times that I have been at this course it's never been over crowed. You get there and you get right on. The pace of play is prefect and just a great time out there with very nice golfers.

Plays Twice a year

Great value course

Fast greens at tough grades made the round fun and challenging..... Not that golf isn't already challenging enough though...

Good Value!!!

Course was in great condition. Had a few wet spots due to rainy spring but maintained well. Greens were in excellent shape!

Best deal

I've played this course a couple of time before, really nice course. Staff very friendly and professional. Best deal I've gotten around here, would play this course again and recommend it to anyone who's a beginner or intermediate golfer.

Good course for beginner/average golfers

The course was in good shape especially the greens. Wide open fairways lined by mature trees. Fairways aren't as manicured as more expensive courses but good. Easy to walk and great value for the money. LCFP has done a good job on improvements to the course. Not fancy but enough to challenge most golfers.

Nice short course

Careful when purchasing from Golfnow online. I prepaid for the rounds with carts. When we got there we were told walking only. No refund for the carts because that was a "Golfnow" purchase.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Nice course to play that has some challenges

Super friendly customer service at the club house. Starter let us start on 10 rather than wait for a father and young son who were getting ready to tee off on 1. Fairways were well maintained. Challenge at time is finding the ball if you went in the trees with the leaves starting to fall. Would not be a problem if you stayed in the fairway. Temp green at 16 but looks like the normal green will be ready next yr.

This course gets better every year!

Overall the course was in very good condition. Although it was a nice Sunday afternoon, we played as a twosome at a really leisurely pace, There was a temporary green on 16 but not a big deal. Next year they are planning to add surrounding greenside bunkers on the 18th, which will make it a more challenging closing hole.

Bad Customer Service

Showed up for my 10:49am tee time at 10:30am only to have both employees in the pro shop completely ignore that I was there. I didn't get out of the pro shop until 10:50am as they decided to help the 3 groups that walked into the pro shop after I did (seemed like they were regulars). Course was in overall decent condition besides hole 16 which had a temporary green the size of a frisbee as they were doing some maintenance to the actual green. I probably would not go back here unless I were to play for free.

Tight little course, good for people who are not long hitters.

The fairways were a bit run down on a few holes, but there was grass on all of them. The greens were in great shape, but they are not big so be ready to "throw darts". Only about 5900 yards from the tips, par 70. It is a very good value and the pace was okay.

A storm took trees down Fri before and the course was in need of repair

I found all the staff and other players friendly. A good course to improve your game.

My friend and I had a great afternoon.

I booked the tee time and it was very easy upon arrival. The greens will maintained except for 1 hole which was a little rough but understandable because the course was in the process of putting a reconditioned hole. The ranger WAS extremely helpful in getting us off and letting us skip a couple holes to prevent having to wait for a back log which worked out great. It was great relaxing afternoon.

Good for me

Played many times. Fits like an old coat. Good course.

so and so.

good for senior and female golfers. Good for sharping up for accuracy and iron play.

Straight forward County course. We had a enjoyable time and played at an acceptable pace. Greens rolled well.

The course was in decent shape, although there was some re-construction going on around 16 green. Fairly easy course for the intermediate player. Played with my wife she enjoyed fact that there were no long shots required to the fairways and greens.
We would play again with the golf now discount.

y it again at a discounted rate.

Featured

Good value

The course is much like a forest preserve course. Fairways are relatively large. Trees can cause issues if you are not in the fairway. The course rangers do I great job trying to keep the pace on the fast side even though the golfers there tend to be higher handicaps. They are not afraid to take the lead in speeding up slow play which is nice considering most courses have no ranger supervision unless called upon by other golfers.

Featured

A great, fun course

Found the course to be in wonderful shape, especially the greens which were the best shape of any I've played this year! The course is challenging and yet still a lot of fun with a good variety in the layout of the of the fairways and greens.

Gurnee, Illinois