Style Traditional

Year Built 1995

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2015 #5)

Fun place

Played this course in a Golfweek tournament event , just so happened that another was being played right before we started so the course was full ! They had also did airiatiion to the fairways so we had lift clean and place rules . Course overall was good but the greens were a little less than to be desired ! Very bumpy , lots of pitch marks and not many of them were repaired ! They really needed watered cut and rolled a couple times

Dissappointed

Otter Creek has always been a yearly destination for my group. We were extremely disappointed with the conditions of the course. The lack of detail and grooming was clear to everyone in the group. The fairways were in good condition. The cart paths need a lot of repair. Sorry to see the down turn in the course.

Indy Advisor

Decent Classic Course

Played the North/West course of Otter Creek with some friends. The course is an interesting classic design, with some tight holes and several doglegs. We played it early in the morning, and the rough was lush/thick after rain the previous day. There were several bare/patchy spots on the West course, especially where water would collect in low spots on fairways and such. Some tees were a little chewed as well. We also had to wait for staff to arrive before we could tee off, which was a bit surprising and forced us to start 15 min or so after our scheduled time. But, overall it's a good course that's worth playing if you find yourself near Columbus.

Stuck in the Past Much?

I had heard a bunch of great things about this course but all of the stories took place twenty plus years ago. When you read up on the Otter Creek website it share a bunch of stats along with “Championship History”. The course may have hosted greatness at one time, but today, it’s a mediocre municipal course. I believe during the time of greatness it was owned by Cummins, now owner by the city of Columbus.

I play a lot of golf and I would pass up this course if I was down in Columbus again. There are just so many better options if you are traveling in. The course charged a weekday rate with cart of $65. “IF” the course was championship shape, ok, but the course I played was a <$30 course with cart.

Greens were true, but awfully slow.
Bunkers state they are “white sand” on the website, they were hard as rock and hadn’t been raked.
Dead grass in many many places in the fairways.

The rough was the best part of the course, long and dangerous. Stay out of the rough!

Overall, boring course with disappointing expectations.

A quality course

The day we went the frost was on so there was some delay but that is to be expected this time if year. By the time the frost cleared they had the greens nicely mowed and they putted true. The greens are a little demanding but fair.

Response from on 12/04/2017:
Thanks for the great review, ken55miller! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Otter Creek Golf Course.
Indiana Advisor

A great Indiana golf facility

Played day after Thanksgiving, so feeling thankful for weather like this. Sunny most of the day, breezy. Played whites on West/North (RTJs original 18 if I'm not mistaken) and even though we had some tees moved up, the cooler weather & wind put some teeth back into our round. Pace was perfect, sub 4hrs.

Can't say anything bad about conditions, especially for Nov. Tees, fairways, bunkers & greens were all in great shape (bunkers have the lighter, looser sand, so they were solid even though some hadn't been raked). Played a few shots from the rough, was just ok...but I don't expect a lot. Greens were very consistent.

This place has a kinda old school vibe. A fair amount of bunkers in play, lot of them flanking the landing areas off the tee. Some holes offer a tight tee, others a little more open, so I think a nice mix. The 9s cross a creek a few times, and the holes leading away from the clubhouse tumble downhill (then back up the hill to finish each 9). There's a few short holes offering fun risk/reward if you want go for it. I like all the par 3s (#4 on West is one of my favs). Lot of big greens, so get your yardage right.

Overall I really like the place - I hadn't been here in a while, but I'm putting it back into the rota next year, you should too. It's a central Indy top 10.

Response from on 11/28/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Otter Creek Golf Course!

This course is just alright

The course is ok. It is well maintained except members who don't rake bunkers. I guess my only issue was the layout wasn't great. Typical wide open course with holes running side by side. For the money, I feel there are better options.

Response from on 10/23/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the layout of our course. We appreciate you giving us a shot!

The staff are extremely friendly. We were scheduled to play the North/ East courses nut we prefer the North/West. They changed us upon request.

Response from on 10/16/2017:
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

Disappointed Day

Course should have been closed, because of excessive water. Unsafe to walk from tee box to cart because of mud. Ruts from carts . Greens slow unable to cut from being so wet. Traps also not at level they.should be from to much water.

Response from on 10/16/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback about your round. We apologize for the wet conditions of the course. We hope this doesn't deter your from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Course was in good shape the greens were a little slow due to being punched and verticut recently, but that's okay maintenance is necessary for healthy course conditions, I didnt appreciate the gruffness of the guy behind the counter but he was easy to ignore I'm not one to let one bozo ruin a great time

Response from on 09/26/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your patience during our recent maintenance and apologize the experience with our staff wasn't up to par. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

Great layout

Friendly staff, great layout , all day price best way to play

Response from on 09/06/2017:
Hi Rob8116520, thanks for the kind words! We hope to see you again soon at Otter Creek.

Very enjoyable round

The course always seems to be in great shape and very well maintained. The staff is the best! Never an issue with carts that run very well with good power.

Response from on 08/23/2017:
Hi ChrisCalligan, thanks for the kind words! Come back and see us again soon.
Response from on 08/16/2017:
Hi u000002668218, thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions and layout. Come back and see us again soon!

wear comfortable walking shoes

pro shop staff friendly.
weather nice & sunny, but was cart path only golf,
due to recent rainy weather. rough would swallow
errant balls.
if you were unfamiliar with the course (we were),
you could easily go to the wrong next hole. luckily,
a gentleman joined us who was familiar with the
course. more signage would be appropriate.
a good golf course to play.

Response from on 08/16/2017:
Hi u000006113464, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about adding additional signage to the course and are glad to hear you enjoyed your round. We hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 07/21/2017:
Hi Oldguyindiana, thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed our challenging layout. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for playing.

Otter creek delivers

Great course. Greens putted true. Would definitely play again. Wish it was closer to where I live.

Response from on 08/16/2017:
Hi u288918319, thanks for the 5-star review! We hope to see you again soon.
Response from on 06/12/2017:
Hi lolson02, thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Terrific day

Great experience. Started on time. Good pace of play. Course in very good shape. Pleasing and fair layout with trees, water, and many sand traps, which were surprisingly firm.

Response from on 06/02/2017:
Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a great experience at Otter Creek. We hope to see you again soon!

Course was in nice shape. A couple greens on the West course were a little beat up, but aside from that, the course was in solid shape. Really enjoyed the layout and playability as a first time around.

Pace was the only negative. As a twosome teeing off at 1pm, we figured the pace wouldn't be fast. The front 9 was fine (~2hrs) but as we moved to the back (North) there was a foursome holding up the rest of us with seemingly no urgency or knowledge of their position. They were tracking for about a 3 hr 9-holes. We skipped a couple holes to hop ahead of them, which saved us about 45mins-1hr. That was a little disappointing since it was the first time out.

Again, course was a nice layout and in good shape, just felt the pace of play could have been managed better with a few rangers on the back (saw plenty of rangers on the front).

Response from on 06/02/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sorry to hear the pace of play wasn't up to par during your round, but are happy to hear you enjoyed the course conditions and the layout. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

Different nines

North/East layout was challenging, but fair. North course was excellent. The rough on the East course needs work. Lots of coarse grass and rough spots. Fairways and greens were fine. Great play for the Golf Now price.

Response from on 05/31/2017:
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the rough weren't up to par, but are happy to hear you enjoyed the challenging layout and the conditions of the fairways and greens. We hope to see you again soon!
3.7719764706
3.7719764706
Greensburg, Indiana
Edinburgh, Indiana
North Vernon, Indiana
Greensburg, Indiana
Seymour, Indiana

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900