Looking back from the North Course 1st green at Otter Creek Golf Course

Style Traditional
Otter Creek Golf Course - Championship Course (North/West)

Year Built 1964

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2015 #5)

Don’t believe the distance’s on the card

I’ve been playing Ottercreek for many years. It’s back to excellent condition after some flooding problems. The greens are slick. The only problem with Ottercreek is ignore the distances of the holes on the card. The white tee distances On many holes aren’t even close. They’ve added green tees for older people and they’re closer to what the white tees used to be still very long. When the rough grows up it’s a monster.

An unbelievable value brought back to life - Thank You!

Condition - I have played Otter Creek intermittently for a number of a years and I am thrilled to see the condition of the course this year. Great grass everywhere - even on numbers 4 and 11 fairways. Greens are rolling smooth and fast even with recent rains of 1+ inches. My minimum speed threshold is - can I accidentally putt it off number 1 if I'm not VERY careful. And that is indeed the case today. It's been that way all year long so it's here to stay.

Experience - There is no golf course in Indiana that offers the golf course architecture that OCGC does, especially the original 18. Robert Trent Jones was the real deal and we are lucky to have this gem locally. He designed at the Pebble rotation (Spyglass), Ryder Cup, and US Open venues, and when you can snag a deal for around $50-$60 a round ON A WEEKEND it's the best value in the state. Similar kinds courses in Indy/Lville/Cincy cost $120 + but they are still no RTJ. The original 18 at OCGC is classic RTJ , just like his other famous venues.

Staff - The staff is great and it's its obvious they are part of the reason why OCGC is back. They sincerely care, want you to have a good time, and are willing to address things if you aren't feeling satisfied. I think golfers can be notorious complainers (I have been one at times!) and all the positive comments I hear and see on here make me think they are doing the right things.

Food and Bev - bar upstairs has a great variety of drinks, is family friendly, and we really enjoy their food. And there isn't a better seat around than the deck overlooking the course. It's just about perfect post round or anytime.

Overall - If you haven't been to Otter Creek lately you should go. You'll be glad you did. Thank goodness OCGC is back - we missed you old friend.

Best Course in Indiana!

My friends and I traveled down South this past Memorial Day weekend to play at what we read was one of the best courses in Indiana, and it most definitely was! We had been so used to playing at courses like the Legends and other busy courses that we forgot how incredible some of these top notch courses are! And, to play for such a cheap price topped it all off. The staff was incredibly friendly and it made for an amazing day on the course. I can't wait to get back and play again!

Steal of a Price for Walking

Had a great time playing this course. One of the most challenging courses I have played in Indiana. Championship speed greens and layout. Whole course is very secluded out in the woods, so the scenery is pretty awesome. Also was maintained very well. Even had a starter that gave us a little intro pitch and told us a little about the course and made us feel very welcome. Very nice personal touch there! $21 to walk a course like that feels almost like i'm stealing.

Great golfing experience All the way around. Course is awesome and well maintained. Will be making the hour trip several times this season. One of my new favorites.

Top tier facility

Head professional Jon Hoover and his staff have done a wonderful job of bringing Otter Creek back to its glory days

Played all 27 holes and was pleased with the conditions and challenges the course presented

Do yourself a favor and visit Otter Creek

A wonderful day

My friend and I decided to do the all day rate at Otter Creek and were not disappointed in any capacity. Quite the opposite in fact. During this pandemic, I have been working 6-7 days per week and I needed an escape. Yesterday was just what the doctor ordered.
From the friendly pro shop staff, the immaculate course conditions, challenging layout, and the wonderful food at the grill, a day at Otter Creek was just what the two of us needed. We will definitely make the drive again
to play this wonderful facility. I even took the time to call the Head Pro and tell him to recognize his staff for an outstanding experience.
Thanks to the staff,
Damie and Blake

The weather was beautiful, the course was in great shape. We played behind a threesome with 2 new golfers so it did slow things up for a couple of holes. We did t mind overall since it’s always better than being quarantined inside! Can’t wait to play here again. The course is challenging for any level of player.

OCGC Is Awesome!

I have been a member at Otter Creek for many years, but the course has NEVER been in as Fabulous of shape as it is right now. In the past few years, the course conditions have been very poor, but the way the course is playing now has made Otter the gem of the mid south in Indiana once more. I've played at most of the premium courses in this state through IGA events, scrambles, and corporate golf outings, but there is NO layout in the state better than Otter, and when the greens are rolling like they are right now... OCGC is Awesome! Kudos to the Superintendent and his Excellent team for having the course in the best shape it's been for a really long time. Please do yourself a favor and book a tee time immediately... you'll be glad you did!

OCGC Is Awesome!

Otter Creek Golf Course

Otter Creek in Columbus Indiana is a Robert Trent Jones designed course. The course is in the best condition that I have seen in many years. The greens are perfect condition and on the fast side. Tees, traps and fairways are well groomed and in great condition.

The golf staff is very friendly and you food is exceptional for a public golf club.

If you have never played Otter Creek now is the time. You will be glad you made the trip.

Must Play!

Only an hour trip down from Zionsville. Came with 2 groups for 36 holes. Pace of play was great. Greens were smooth and rolled true. Bunkers played like new. Overall, it was in the best condition anyone could want. Make the trip!

We played 36 holes with two foursomes and played each round under 4 hours. Course is in incredible shape. Bunkers are powdery, fairways are tight, and rough is challenging. Everything you want from a course. Definitely worth the drive from Indy!

Joy as always

I grew up playing otter in the 90s and some tournaments in mid 2010s and the conditions now is in the best shape I’ve seen it in over a decade. Fairways are plush, bunkers have just the right amount of sand and the greens are getting a nice roll out coming into the spring. I’ts a longer drive for me from Westfield (compared to Indy courses) but I happily do it bec the layout never gets old. It’s design is right between modern and traditional and the scenery always puts me in a good mood. It’s great to hear nature and not be surrounded by houses. The entire staff as well as the restaurant (awesome restaurant) are amazing; they are just very friendly and prompt. Thank you Jon and the crew for turning this place back to what it always was in my youth.

Great shape

I have played several rounds this year at multiple different locations around the state and by far this the best overall conditions I have seen.

Great Condition

This course has been well-maintained during the quarantine. Fairways are nice and full. Got both sets up very nicely in the fairway. The rough is maintained to 2”-2/12”. The North and the West are the original 18 and it has all the character the course is known for. Additional tee boxes help you find your comfort zone. Greens are smooth and maintained. Nothing too fast for this time of year but a great test. Electric Carts are available and the snack bar is back open for refreshments.

Course looks great

Course was in the best condition I've seen in years and it's still early in the season. My dad and i walked 18 since they weren't running carts (I believe they are now).

Course had been in bad shape for a couple of years but it looks like the new management has got it back to what Otter Creek is known for.

Anonymous

A must play Golf Course in Southern Indiana

My Son and I had a wonderful time at OCG. We had wanted to play this course for a while now and finally got the chance to. Wow.. the layout is magnificent and the course in great shape. But stay out of the ruff it is brutal..haha..The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will play again soon!

Greensburg, Indiana