Looking back from the North Course 1st green at Otter Creek Golf Course

Style Traditional
Otter Creek Golf Course - Championship Course (North/West)

Year Built 1964

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2015 #5)

New golfer at this course

I really enjoyed the round. From the staff to the others playing, everyone was nice and helpful. No doubt we had to wait a bit. But not bad at all. Very fun layout of course.

Hidden gem

Great championship 18 with another beautiful 9. Great place to have an outing and has a nice bar/restaurant

A Beautiful Course, Overbooked

This is an absolutely beautiful Robert Trent Jones, Sr. course that with postage stamp greens. It's a lovely course that is in great shape and has a lot of holes that require challenge through shot decision making.

However, when we played the course was massively overbooked. Pace of play was slow and the starter informed us when we reached the first hole, "We're really backed up, it's going to be a slow round."

How packed the course was made for an unenjoyable round of golf. Consistently waiting for long periods of time between shots and dealing with groups behind hitting into our group. What made this more frustrating is that the course actually has marshals, but they're more concerned with repeatedly asking your group (on seven different occasions) if you found a lost wedge instead of encouraging pace of play for slower groups.

Beautiful course, but massively overbooked.

Nice course. Pretty views. Wait time too slow.

For a Tuesday, it was way too crowded and pace of play was too slow. Need to have management of play.

Otter Creek North/West

This is one of my favorite golf courses to play.
The design is exceptional, bunkers placed in the perfect places to challenge every player no matter which tee you use. Condition is consistently very good to excellent.
I would play it much more often if it wasn't 90 mins away from my home.

Fall golf perfection!

We played Oct 2nd, 2020 and the course was in outstanding condition! The greens were fast, smooth and true. The fairways were tight and firm. Great RTJ layout with lots of sand. The staff could not have been friendlier. A must play if you are near by! We will be back!

Great Track

Otter Creek is not fancy, but it is a wonderful golf course. The North/West 18 holes is a must play for avid golfers. I travel almost two hours a couple times a year to experience what I consider to be one of the best public courses in the Midwest.

Golf course is a great value

Otter Creek is a little isolated, but once you get there, you will enjoy 27 holes of fantastic golf. The original 18, North and West, is a tremendous layout while all 27 holes are always in great condition. Well worth the trip to Columbus, IN

Another spectatular day at Otter Creek GC.

I have been playing Otter Creek every year for more years than I'm willing to count! The course condition this year was outstanding and the setup perfect. The weather was spectacular. I play with a large group from Cincinnati and this outing is a highlight of the year. The staff at Otter Creek are fantastic and super accommodating.

A+++

Longtime Fav

We have been playing an annual 27 hole event for many years. The course, particularly the greens, was in great shape this year. The new staff bent over backward to accommodate our large group of 80 players. I live in Cincinnati, about 75 minutes away. Every year I say the same thing: Why don't we play this course more often. Well worth the drive.

Always a great test!

Staff friendly. 1st time there in a few years. Played state amateur many times there. Can't hit it that far anymore so played the Blue Tees and it's still a challenge. It can be as difficult as you want. Played newer Black Tees about 15 years ago at about 7350, Bunkers strategically placed for everyone if you play the right tees for your game.
Always love playing there.

Meh

I had heard a lot of good stuff about this course. But I was disappointed. I found the design unimaginative. It's a nice piece of property, and really deserves better. It's a good example of why RTG Sr. set back course design many years. No creativity. Large fairway bunkers are the main feature of the course. Also greens with huge slopes and sections, running at 12 on the stimp. The avg players in our group really struggled on and around the greens, and once they were in one of the many giant fairway bunkers, it wasn't pretty. The greens were pretty beat up with foot traffic and ball marks.

We got to the 13th tee, a 150 yd par 3, not a tough hole, and there were 3 groups on the hole (we were now the 4th group). This was a day ruiner. The people in my group quit the moment this massive roadblock was revealed. How can such a back-up be allowed to happen? Where is the ranger?

A course every golfer should play.

I am a tournament director for the Hurricane Junior Golf tour and we had our tournament of almost 50 kids here both Saturday and Sunday of Labor day weekend. It was unbelievable how the course took care of us even on Labor day. The entire staff welcomed us and made sure we had everything possible to run a great tournament. The course was playing beautiful. The tees, fairways and greens looked and played great. Otter creek did a good job managing pace of play as well on such a great weekend. Our average pace during this weekend was 4 hours and 15 min. That is great for a junior tour and especially on a really busy weekend. For anyone wanting to play a course worth their money and that has some challenging holes this would be the place. Thanks again Otter Creek for a great weekend.

Favorite place in central Indiana

Grew up playing Otter in the 90s and have started to play it again twice a week even though I live in Westfield. The design is more classic than any public course in central IN and the condition is reminiscent of its glory days. It’s a good test but never unfair at any point. It’s hosted so many State Amateurs and Its east to see why. The staff has always been nice to me and there is always a starter getting everyone off on time. I’ve met the superintendent and he’s just like the Jon (pro), both love golf and are especially focused over the details of how the course “plays” for us. All of my guests from Indy always want to go back. The course is is located in a serene part of town which I especially like, beats all the homes on many of the local courses. Thank you to everyone at Otter.

Surprising Gem while on a road trip. Highly Recommended

This course was a total surprise. We were driving through Ohio and decided to find a place along our way to get 18 holes in. The reviews looked good but didn't do it justice. The front 9 holes were in great condition and were fun to play. Then you make the turn and next thing you know you keep going higher and higher in elevation with each hole. The elevation changes on this course are insane. Greens were immaculate, fast and really challenging. The bunkers were in great condition with nice, fluffy sand. Lots of blind shots due to the elevation changes added to the challenge. I'd highly recommend playing this course if you enjoy a challenge and a course which is in great condition. Finally, the carts were quite luxurious. Comfortable seats, smooth ride and a GPS too boot. If you're in the area, don't miss this one. The only thing I dinged on this course was the course amenities because the snack shop was closed as we were finishing up late in the day. I cannot gauge how good or bad the food was.

Amazing Course in Rural Area

What a gem! An amazing experience that began with the extremely friendly & professional staff and ended with a challenging round of golf on a picturesque course. Despite the challenge of several days of rain creating wet conditions, the course was in excellent condition. Cost was extremely reasonable. It was worth the drive. Although this review is for the original championship course, we also played the additional links nine which was a nice change of pace. It was just as well conditioned and very enjoyable to play. Despite some weather challenges, it was an extremely enjoyable experience. If you are in the Indianapolis area, I highly recommend making the drive to play this gem.

Fantastic Course!

I had the opportunity to play Otter Creek in a outing last week. Course was in the best shape ive seen in a long time. Greens and fairways were fantastic. I would highly recommend playing this course. #ottercreektoyota

A Columbus Gem

31 foursomes enjoyed a fantastic morning during the #Toyota/Make a Wish outing. The course and staff could not have made the any better concerning the virus restrictions. I am definitely looking forward to our next trip to Otter Creek GC.

Toyota Make A Wish Outing

I played in the Toyota Make A Wish outing and I really enjoyed playing this course, best course I’ve played.

Hope, Indiana