Highland Woods Golf Club

Year Built 1976
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect William J. Spear (1976)

Commented on 03/27/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Pace of play?

Showed up at 1030am for a 1107 tee time was advised there was a 2 hour back up!!! How do you have a 2 hour back up other than poor planning. I had to late cancel our tee time. Won’t be going back anytime soon. This course always has really bad pace of play.

Commented on 03/27/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience.
Please feel free to contact our GM with any and all your concerns and we hope you give us another chance.
Info.highlandwoods@forestpreservegolf.com

Late fall round

Got a fairly warm day (45) to get out and play. Was very pleased with the condition of the course and unexpectedly pleased that carts were let out., although probably should have been 90 degree only. Best part was leaves were being removed from fairways and roughs. Greens were in pretty good shape Traps were pretty bad, but it is November Pace of play could have been a little quicker, Carts have USB which helped with my GPS I forgot to charge. No ball cleaners were out and none on cart which was inconvenient but understandable at this time of season. Staff was limited but very friendly and helpful

Fun Course

Great course to play when it's not packed or backed up. You can walk it comfortably in under 3 hours and enjoy the scenery. The greens were in great shape, other then a few deer tracks, but they were easily fixed. Get out and enjoy this course before it gets covered with snow and you wont be disappointed.

Commented on 03/27/2020

A nice course poorly managed

Never ever ever play Highland Woods on the weekend unless you're willing to spend six hours on a round. The course lets groups out in very short intervals, the starter disappears at noon and not one single employee cares a bit about the guest experience.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Hi John-
Thank you for playing Highland Woods. We appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to discuss your experience you had with you and listen to how we can help improve. Please email info.highlandwoods@forestpreservegolf.com on when a good time to discuss with you would be. Thank you.

Bad experience

On hole 3, just after the green, between 3-4, the Yamaha gas-golf cart broke down. It took 15 minutes for staff to come to my aid, and in the process, brought me a non-golf cart John Deer Gator. Not only was it not golf equipment, it was uncomfortable and difficult to drive. After hole 4 and waiting through the incredibly slow pace of play, another staff member brought us the correct gas golf cart. The only main reason I’m complaining is because the staff member that brought the gator, was indifferent and rude. The excuse that the course was out of carts, was unacceptable. After my round, management did not offer anything whatsoever for the inconvenience. Needless to say, I was frustrated and disgusted.

Disapointed

We got here for our tee time, to fond out the green were aerated, this should this information should be on the site and disclosed before we sign up. While tis is necessary for all courses it is our right to have the information and decide if the course in this condition is worth playing or if we want to see other options

Cow Pasture

Course was in terrible condition. Tee boxes had many bare spots. Fairways were very patchy with grass. Ball washer and iron washers had very little if any water in them. Look elsewhere for courses in much better conditions.

Bang for your buck!

Playing golf for $22-$25 through GN! It doesn’t get any cheaper for 18 with a cart and any day you’re swinging clubs is a good day. But you can’t expect the course to be dialed in and as pristine as some other more expensive courses. Putting greens are pretty ugly and beat up with transplanted turf like a bad hair piece. Sand traps where concrete. Driving carts in the middle of fairways is like a mogul course. My buddy almost flew his clubs out of his cart hitting a bump. I still had fun and the course is super forgiving with giant fairways that run together. I’ll play this place once or twice a year when I want to play cheap golf.

Incompetent staff - pace of play makes it unplayable

Have played this course a couple times after work in years past and it’s been nice enough, good value for money. Have tried to play twice this year and failed both times due to the horrible management of tee times and unwillingness/inability to enforce any sort of pace of play. The first time we walked off after it took us almost two hours to play 5 holes. Thought we’d give it one more shot a second time around, made an earlier tee time to beat the after work crowd and arrived to have the starter tell us they were AN HOUR behind on tee times and 9 holes was taking over three hours. Unacceptable - we left and won’t be back.

Good for the price

This is a forest preserve facility. It's got very nice views, and the fairways in Greens are an okay shape. This is not a country club, but then again, you aren't paying country club prices either.

Cool course, awful pace of play

First time going here and always heard it’s a good course, but the pace of play was horrible. Everyone exaggerates usually so I decided to take a chance. First hole went well and as we (Foursome) pulled up to our green, there was 8 carts at the second hole waiting to tee off. Long story short, no one exaggerated at all just how slow this course is, probably had something to do with their 7 minute increments between groups. Our round took just under 7 hours. Greens were beat up bad because of the foot traffic and people not fixing their divots (looked much like a 200 person outing had just taken place by noon).I probably rated this higher than I should’ve on the simple fact that the employees where nice and it really is a cool course. Management needs to do a better job of worrying about people having an enjoyable experience rather than stuffing as many people on the course to make the most money possible.

Slowest round ever!

Slowest round ever after a late start as there were no carts available due to two outings in the morning. Every hole was backed up and had to wait to tee off. It would have been good to know of the outings when booking so we could find another golf course.

Poor start but an enjoyable day out

After arriving at the 1st tee, my colleague and I were late of our tee time by 10 minutes. The starter did a really poor job in ensuring that a pace of play could be established for the first 4 holes, we waits 15-20 at the tee box for players in front to clear the hole. The issue was that the starter released too many people on the course too close together. By the turn, the pace of play corrected itself and we were able to enjoy the course and play. I will come back and play again but early in the morning.

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.