Ravisloe Country Club

Year Built 1901
Architect Theodore J. Moreau (1901) Donald Ross (1917) David Esler (2001) James Foulis (1901) Tom Bendelow (1909) Willie Watson (1912)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 6

Outstanding weather for Nov.25th ,I wa a kid in the candy store.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

Nice outing

Enjoyable round. Course in good condition for time of year. Recent aeration of fairways and greens made conditions a bit slower. Most of course had leaves pretty well cleaned up on fairways and greens. Look forward to playing again in warmer weather.

Fun Layout - Worth a Play

Came out here and played on a day off. The course was in fairly good shape despite having aerated greens 2+ weeks ago. Course overall is tightly lined with trees but allows for you to spray the ball and still be in-play. The greens are small and undulated. Bunkering and mounding constantly keep you on your toes and is great to keep your short game sharp. Would love to play these greens in peak condition. Definitely worth a trip if you are considering!

Good day.

16 players, no real hiccups. Marshall's were cool. Winter rates make this course a great value.

Worth the play

Ravisloe is a great private course that has been opened to the public. The course is worth a play or two. It has a great deal of character with small some small greens that can be difficult to putt depending on pin placement. Most holes are guarded by somewhat deep bunkers that require soft hands and skill to come out of and save a stroke. The price was more reasonable in October. In the summer the fee can be as high as $80. If affordable to you I would say a must play depending on your budget. Watching GolfNow helps with getting a better rate.

I love this course!! Please put divot repair containers on the carts, this will save your staff to do other things.

Thank you.

Tom

Donald Ross would be ashamed

This course is an embarrassment to Donald Ross. The condition is no better than an underfunded municipal course. This course use to be immaculate but it's unrecognizable from its better days. The fairways, greens, and rough are all under attended, with the greens almost unplayable. Areas that use to be beautifully landscaped are overrun with weeds. I wish I could get my money back.

Good golf

Great course to play for $34.99. Not worth the $50 plus dollars that they sometimes ask for. overall great course.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you found value in our golf course. Be sure to snag your next tee time with us soon!

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thanks for the excellent 5 stars!

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thanks for the 4 stars! We're glad you had a great round of golf at Ravisloe Country Club.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thanks for the stars! We're glad you had an excellent golfing experience at Ravisloe Country Club.

Ranger - Get off your high horse

I played my first round at Ravisloe today - booked three weeks ago with friends I hadn't seen in years and was very excited to check this course out. I have been an avid golfer for 25 years and respect the game across the board and left this course knowing I will never go back AND will never recommend to others. First off, the conditions were perfect - we teed off on a beautiful morning. Secondly, the started was AWESOME - great job explaining the background of the track. But, he did not say once "we are cart paths only on par 3's"...Fast forward to our first par 3 and we tee off and head up the fairway in our carts. A ranger drives up next to me around the green and looks at me if I am stupid - "Do you read signs?" he says to me...I asked him to explain and he said "You need to be cart paths only on all par 3's here. Read the signs" and stares me down....This guy obviously has a stick in his rear-end. (**Caveat: I am a grown man and a simple "hey buddy, try to use the cart paths" would have worked.) I was not obviously trying to ignore signs and be a jerk.

Fast forward to the next par 3...We drive up the cart paths the entire way (even though the cart paths are completely useless on most holes...IE, dirt paths) and park alongside the green....my partners behind needed to get around my cart which was on the path, so I moved literally 2 FEET off the path onto some dirt ground....The RANGER (IE Stalin),was obviously waiting to reprimand me (once again, a grown man, who plays golf at nice clubs all the time) and drives up alongside of me, staring me down AGAIN and says "Didn't I just talk to you? what don't you understand about the cart paths? Why don't you respect our course? (I had also spent about 10 holes fixing divots and ball marks that were not from our group) and then stared me down again as he drove away.....

So, in a nutshell, we had a wonderful day tolerating this old guy who, instead of going to a course to relax and enjoy golf, decided he was going to die on the cart-path hill and yell at grown men who were all but respectful for the entire day.

And this, folks, is why golf memberships/youth members are declining...."GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU LOWSY KIDS!" R-E-L-A-X

-Sincerely, last time Ravisloe golfer, long time golfer.

Fantastic Day at Ravisloe Country Club

A perfect day to play golf was equaled by the service by the pro shop attendant and first tee starter (Spencer) who were both very accommodating to me and all of the other golfers. Ravisloe Country Club's layout is a wonderful mix of short, long, straight and dogleg holes with bunkers and mounds strategically placed requiring strategy on all shots. The key for scoring well on this course is to keep the ball in the fairways and out of the green side steep-faced bunkers that are very deep. The golf course superintendent, who I met between holes 7 and 8, and his very small crew (5 guys) have the course in excellent condition with the exception of the par three tee boxes. The divot repair containers on each tee box were empty of divot replacement sand and seed mix. Additional water coolers would be a great addition to this course also - as previously stated in my earlier review. I look forward to returning and playing Ravisloe Country Club again!

Commented on 09/03/2019

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Country Club Feel

My favorite course, played in three some and took turns walking. Probably one of the best courses for walking.

Oasis

Lush fairways and beautiful surroundings. Greens and bunkers were well maintained. Just enough challenges without being overly difficult.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed the course condition as as well as the challenges the course has to offer.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Ravisloe Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Just fantastic

Course is always amazing and in great shape. Rangers did a great job and staff was beyond friendly. Starter told us about taco Tuesday and the tacos are AMAZING a must try after a great round

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We're glad you stuck around for Taco Tuesday!

Homewood, Illinois