2.6

Manteno Golf Club

Year Built 1972
Fairways Bluegrass

Big Inprovement

The guys have done a great job fixing the course up.you wouldn't know it was the same course you played last yr.
Great job!!

Course in bad condition

The course is in bad shape. Need to hire a groundskeeper to mow the grass!!

This course has made some big improvements in the last month

Haven't played this course in a month...WOW...what a difference...fairways are cut nice...greens are actually cut to puttable... All in All this is kept up as well as the K3 Elks... If you haven't played here recently...Give it a try...you wont be disappointed...

Terrible course conditions

Wanted to play a quick 9 in the late afternoon so I swung by Manteno GC. As soon as I stepped onto what I think was the first tee box, I knew it was going to be a rough round (literally). The tee boxes were in such poor condition, I couldn't tell it apart from the rough! The grass was so tall, I didn't have a long enough tee. The fairways weren't any better. The greens were THE WORST!! Bare patches everywhere, grass clearly hadn't been cut for a while. All my putts were bouncing (multiple inches off the ground) the second they left my putter, I didn't even bother reading putts after 3 holes.

I understand the rain hasn't helped. But if this was the reason why the course was in such terrible shape, I suggest keeping the course closed rather than charging people standard rates to play on the worst conditions I've ever played on!

BEWARE...Horrible Customer Service

On May 30 I booked a tee time on the Manteno Golf Club website. I took the afternoon off from work, drove 50 minutes to get to the course, and when I arrived all of the doors were locked. At that point I called and heard a recorded message indicating that the course was closed due to the recent rain. I was quite surprised to hear this. I understand that the course conditions may have prevented them from being open for business, but if that is the case, then they should not allow the public to book tee times on their website. This is both misleading and negligent. I wasted my entire afternoon due to this inconvenience. I lost a half day of vacation, and I spent almost two hours driving there and back, which was a waste of both time and gas.

When I heard the recorded message, I left a message of my own asking for someone to call me to discuss the situation. Nobody contacted me, so the next day May 31 I called the course again and spoke to someone who did not know when a manager would be available to address my concerns. So I sent an email to the course that same day and nobody replied. I sent a follow-up email on June 6 and again nobody replied.

Clearly the managers of this course could not care less about customer service. I have given them multiple opportunities to contact me to discuss this matter, and they have chosen to ignore me. I have played at this mediocre course several times in the past, but I will not be doing business with these people again.

OMG!!

unplayable. unless you want to just drive around and hit some balls. And don't even bother bringing your putter.

worth the trip

brought a friend... he enjoyed the course. The only thing is WATER THE GREENS...please

give it a try

brought a friend... it was his first time... only thing we found was the greens need attention...good pace of play 2 1/4 hrs

Friendly small town golf course

Friendly Staff.... good food... nice layout.... NEEDS RAIN.... I would come back...

Manteno golf

coarse was in good condition except it needed mowing. greens, fairways and rough.

Nice Gem Gone Bad

I grew up playing here with my great grandfather and my entire family. We played every year in the KOC golf outing. We arrived on Saturday and we were instantly disappointed after just our first shots. We hit two beautiful shots in he fairway and couldn’t find the balls. The grass in the tee box fairway and rough was not cut in over a week. The greens were full of dirt clumps and helicopters that could have easily been leaf blown off the green. The overall course condition was very disappointing. It was sad to see what once was a fun well cared for public course turn into such a dump. I have great memories playing there with my family and it is sad to see the course in its current state. The course needs to spend money to have the appropriate amount of workers to care for the course and make sure it is in good shape. No one expects pga conditions, but the conditions were unbareable. The bar staff and pro shop staff were great. I would love to see this turned around as this course is a great gem generally.

course needs a little tlc

tee boxes were not cut and the rough is ROUGH... bring extra balls

Rough

Rough is way too long. Looking for balls all day long!

Used to be decent

Tee boxes, fairways, & rough I couldn’t tell the difference between any of them. The grass was that tall! Actually a few of the tee boxes (particularly par 3’s) the grass was so tall I had to pull grass out around my tee so my ball would stay tee’d up! Greens had sunflower seeds all over them, sand patches randomly scatter over the greens. Clubhouse is nice in appearance, with that said all you could get was drinks and chips on a Sunday afternoon! Unbelievable!
I’ve golfed this course in the past and it was actually a pretty decent, fun course. Can’t say that anymore. New management maybe? What ever the problem is they need to fix it quick. I won’t be back anytime soon.

friendly small town golf

it is early spring... the course was in good shape.

Poor condition

I would only recommend this course because it’s local and a very laid back atmosphere. People are always nice but the course is in terrible terrible shape.

Manteno golf

Played on Thursday with my grandson. Weather was perfect. Coarse was in good shape. Greens had been plugged so they were not in the greatest shape and slow. Not many playing so we could play at our own pace. Always enjoy Manteno.

When was the last time course was cut?

Disappointed on the fairways and greens not being cut for awhile. This is usually a nice little course.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020