Year Built 1962

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, Mastercard, Discover

Slow play

Took four hours for us to play. Cruising along until hole 5 then a complete stand still the rest of the way. Really kills ur round. Course is in excellent condition. Will be back but hope to play at constant pace.

Triple Lakes

I’ll first offer this caveat: we’ve had a lot of rain this spring, so the front 9 was somewhat soggy. Naturally it was cart path only. Finding a spot out of standing water was a challenge. The fairways were mostly crabgrass and mud.

Meh….

Ive played Triple Lakes twice this year after about a two year break from this place. Two years ago we played as a twosome stuck behind 4 foursome's, which wasn't a big deal to us we used our free time to take a few extra putts or chips. We knew we were going to be behind them prior to even teeing off and we expected a slow day. No big deal, we were just happy to be outside enjoying the day. The Marshall however had other plans for us and tried to force us to play through ALL the groups in front of us. We tried to explain to him that we knew the situation and had no desire to rush through all the groups in front of us. He drove off and the came back a couple holes later and cursed us out for not "following his instruction". We told the golf shop at the end of the round about his behavior and that we wouldn't be back…..the guy said "ok".

A few weeks ago a buddy and I decided to give it a shot again and see if things have changed. Well, we were pleasantly surprised. The course is in good shape (except for hole 15). The fairways are nice and the greens, while small and sloping in every direction, are in really nice condition. The staff was great……until yesterday. I called to make a tee time for the afternoon and made it for us to play 18 holes. When we get there we find the same guy from two years ago in the shop sitting behind the counter watching movies on an iPad. We walk in and he doesn't get up, just looks up and says "yeah". We tell him we have a tee time for the afternoon and he tells us "you aint playing the back nine today" uhhh what? Says they are punching the greens and the back nine is closed. Well ok can we play the front twice? Nope….High school team coming in to play in an hour. Now I completely understand you need to do maintenance and I have no issue with the High School team playing BUT why couldnt you have told me this when I made the tee time? I did just talk to the guy an hour prior to make the tee time!! So we left and went to another course not too far from there and played anyway.

The last two times we played there Bill was working in the clubhouse. Bill is a super nice guy and extremely helpful….no issues with him. If he's not there….good luck. Which is a shame…..the course is close to me and in good shape….its somewhere that I would play a lot if it were not for the people running the place when Bill isn't there.

Centreville, Illinois