Mt. Prospect Golf Club

Year Built 1929
Architect David Esler (2014)

Carts Yes - $14 - $19

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Dress code Men must wear shirts with sleeves, no tank tops. Women may wear sleeveless golf shirts, but no bathing suit tops.

Amazing Food 15

Old is New Again

This is a 1920’s course with a rehab that makes it very fair and fun. Some people say the mult-tiered greens are tricked up. But it makes things a challenge for lower handicappers. Conditions are good and lush for as much play as they get. Still has some of the country club feel. No weak holes but par 5’s are short.
Starter acts militant, which is good if they push everyone equally. But they seem reluctant to punish slow groups.
Greens can be very fast and challenging. You will get a putt that is impossible, but why did you hit it there?
Bunkers are a little thin on sand in spots. But they rake them daily.
You will have memorable shots both good and bad by the end of the round.

Commented on 10/12/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Mt. Prospect Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

This course is very nice,but the greens are like those on a Miniature golf course. All that's missing are wind mills, pendulums,etc. Nice conditions, but slow players.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great value. Greens a bit beat up probably due to amount of play

Commented on 09/12/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Course Conditions

The course was in great condition, but the only thing I couldn’t understand was why they made the greens so difficult.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Beat up greens

I love this course normally but on this round the pace was horrible and the greens were pretty beat up. Almost every putt was like a jumping bean

Target Golf

The driver didn’t come of the bag much today, this course is about putting your ball in the right spot - A thinking mans golf course. Greens are challenging, lots levels and undulations, also decently fast, but seemed true. Thoroughly enjoyed my round, Glad I was out on an early tee time though, by the time I was finishing at 10am it looked busy. Definitely will be adding this track to my rotation!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Peter! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Course Greens are Unfair

Overall this is a great course. Conditions are good, nice range and amenities. The greens are like mini golf though. You hit what you think is a good approach shot only to find out the ball is in a valley on the green or worse yet has rolled off. Pin placement is a whole other complaint. We aren’t pros so I really don’t know why these greens were designed this way. I will continue to hold here though

Commented on 08/09/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Mt Prospect GC

Played as a single in under 3 hours, teed off at 8am, course wasn’t busy. The greens are still ridiculous, too big and undulating. Hit one chip from just off the green and rolled completely off the front. Short course from the white tees, position / target course. Definitely have to be in right spots on the greens,

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Patrick. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

What did they do to the greens

The course gets a little funky on the back 9, as they don't have a ton of space. I don't think I hit a driver until 7.

The greens might be the most annoying greens I've ever played on. I understand undulation, but these just don't make sense. There is very little undulation on the other 99% of the golf course, and then you get to the greens and you are basically playing 'Adventure Land Putt-Putt'. Multi-tiered greens, with the pins being placed on the downhill portion. Pins being placed in valleys/bowls.

Then you get to the pace of play. If you are not the first tee-time out, then good luck. It's a 5.5 hour round. I've cut my round short 2-3 times as I was rounding 3 hours at the turn. The half-way house doesn't take cards, which forces people to go inside. There is only a ranger at the first tee box. And I don't know what it is about this course, but it brings out the worst golfers in Chicago, who are almost proud of slow-play. People are there to drink/party, and not play golf.

The course layout is short, target golf, with funky (not in a good way) greens. I like the practice range/putting green/chipping. The inside bar is nice. But the course itself is meh.

Commented on 09/12/2019

How is your food and beverage place closed at 6??

Awesome golf. We finished around 6 and were hoping to get some food or at least a couple drinks. Everything was closed down when we got off the course. We had planned on staying for a 3-4 drinks but had to go home. Since the change in food management 2 years ago it’s really honestly down hill.

Commented on 07/28/2019

Commented on 07/20/2019

The pro shop closes but the restaurant stays open. There are more entrances.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review!

Commented on 06/27/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review MikePaint!

Perfect sunny day...finally

It was a beautiful day and very few people were on the course. Still a few wet spots and wet sand traps but that's the same at every course in the region. Otherwise course in good shape.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review smonastero123!

Good lay out and fast greens.

Very pleasantly surprised I have not heard of this course as the layout was very good, the greens were undulating and very fast, great practice area, very friendly staff. Would play again in a minute. Very competitively priced and very good value.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Mike!
Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Commented on 06/27/2019

I would not recommended this course.

First. they overbooked tee time and had me
move to another tee time.
Secondly, they were so crowded we had to
wait 2 to 3 minutes every shot.
Thirdly, they scheduled women's league
while we still did not finished front nine
and there were at least 12 golfers at the
10th hole and we were directed to go 15th
hole but there were 4 some coming around
14 th green. We were rushed to clear there
way and it was no fun at all. They at least should have us 9 holed refund for there mistakes. I will never go there again.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

71701c6e-3b1e-5674-b743-446dc1704c7f
Commented on 06/06/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, our Golf Operations Manager, Debra Cromie, would like to discuss your review in more detail. If you'd like, you can reach her at dcromie@mppd.org or via phone at 847-259-4200. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Pleasure to plsy

Despite cart path only play fur to wet conditions, course played as well as under dry weather conditions. I really like the challenges of the undulating greens. We put this course on our annual must play list.

Commented on 06/27/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Michael!
We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care! PS. We are excited to be on your list!

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Prospect Heights, Illinois
Palatine, Illinois
Northbrook, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.