Mt. Prospect Golf Club
Silver 70 5955 yards 68.1 130
Silver (W) 70 5955 yards 73.0 133
Bronze (W) 70 5065 yards 66.7 120
Scorecard for Mt Prospect
Black M: 70.3/135 575 460 330 220 355 465 165 375 305 3250 135 435 180 365 385 495 225 480 355 3055 6305
Silver M: 68.1/130 W: 73.0/133 535 430 310 195 340 430 145 360 295 3040 110 430 170 340 370 480 210 470 345 2925 5965
Gold M: 63.5/119 W: 67.4/121 490 380 270 170 310 370 120 310 275 2695 100 350 155 290 340 440 155 420 290 2540 5235
Bronze W: 66.7/120 480 370 260 160 300 360 110 300 265 2605 100 340 145 280 330 430 145 410 280 2460 5065

Year Built 1929
Architect David Esler (2014)

Carts Yes - $14 - $19

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Dress code Men must wear shirts with sleeves, no tank tops. Women may wear sleeveless golf shirts, but no bathing suit tops.

Amazing Food 15

Good Condition - Silly Greens

Friendly staff , course in very good condition
Pace of play is an issue
The reason is the greens are silly
Been playing golf for 43 years , play all over the country and the greens are too undulated
Course is only 6200 from back tees
The 3 of us are all single digit handicap and all said the day thing , greens are silly

I have played Donald Ross , Seth Raynor , Pete Dye, Jack Nicklaus , and so on courses and while Undulated lthey are laid out better

Good local course

Pretty nice local course. Fast ungelating greens that are elevated. Short but par 70 so makes up for it. Pace of play was horrific when I played but maybe just was unlucky. Rangers didn’t seem like they were doing much out there

Incredibly challenging greens

The greens at Mt Prospect are incredibly challenging. The are very hilly and they were pretty quick for April. The bunkers were consistent with the condition and amount of sand. We played the Silver tees and there were numerous holes where you don't have to hit driver and still have a reasonable distance into the green. Overall, a very pleasant experience and I will play here again

Best course in the area

This is the best course in the Chicagoland area. The staff is great and always accommodating to anything you need, and the course itself is in great shape and perfect for all skill levels.

Commented On 04/17/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

This is my third time playing this course after it was recommended to me last year! Pro shop staff is very friendly, and there is a practice range conveniently located next to hole 1 so I could warm up before I hit the course.  I played 18 holes, and I was very impressed with the condition of the range as well as the course, especially with it being so early in the season.  I would say that the course plays at a moderate to above average difficulty, with the highlight being hole 10 on the back.  Similarly, the greens were well kept, causing them to play at an above average speed, which proved to be difficult for me.  Despite this, I still had a good round (by my standards)... I will definitely be coming back and am looking forward to playing on this picturesque course once the weather gets nicer!  Overall a wonderful course!

Commented On 04/17/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review agolf1!

Outstanding Course

Commented On 04/17/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review agolf1!

Commented On 04/17/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 04/17/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Joyce! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at Mt. Prospect. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Really nicely renovated

I hadn't played this course in many years and wanted to try it again because I had heard good things about the renovations. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. The improvements exceeded my expectations and the course is a really good value. The holes are not only challenging but interesting as well. The course was really well groomed for fall golf...not a leaf in sight and well groomed rough. The greens were a bit sandy but overall the experience was great. I will definitely be going back as soon as I can. Highly recommend!

Fortunately I got to go out first, but a little too early. The “grounds crew” was still working on the course and the traps were not raked and greens were being cut. Course is really starting to show the tough spring that we had and the turf is taking a beating; the fairway divots are massive and look to be the victim of a lot of rounds with guys who have no idea what a bottle of sand is.. To pay $58 to walk on Sept 30th is pretty pricey. I assumed that since I had a $60 rate which included a cart that they at least give be a break for walking... but no discount. That’s a head scratcher .
Looks like I will be stick to the short game area, there are better deals to be found at the end of this season.

Best value

Great value and well taken care of course. Putting greens can be difficult but fun

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! Come back and see us again soon!

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review.

Always enjoy playing here

We always enjoy playing this course. Course is always in great shape. Range, chipping and putting greens are wonderful. Golf carts have GPS which is a great help. Staff is very kind and helpful. I spent 15 minutes talking with their golf pro on the changes they made to the course a few years ago. Real nice and friendly guy. He made u feel like he was glad to have u there and playing. U dont get that type of treatment at other courses. The pace of play was a bit slow today, but the conditions, challenges and beauty more than made up for it. I would definitely recommend playing this course.

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thank you so much for the 5 stars! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your day with us! Please come and see us again soon.

Illinois Advisor

An interesting challenge with some of the most ing greens in Chicagoland.

Playing this course for the first time, I read the reviews in advance. Many said "You'll either love it or hate it" and I'll happily join the "love it" crowd.

We were lucky to get paired up with somebody that works at the course and has intimate knowledge of what lies ahead,. I have no doubt that saved me at least 5 strokes by pointing out things around the course that weren't readily apparent. Thank you, Mike!

While the course may play shorter than many, it is NOT a pushover with bunkers that inconspicuously lurk in locations you may not immediately expect and approach shots as tight and difficult as any course you will ever play: Not because the greens are small, but because they are diabolically multi-tiered and undulating. You MUST consider placement if you're looking to escape with two putts. Add that if you don't land the green, you'll likely be in one of the many greenside bunkers or pitching up to the intermediately elevated greens.

Again, I stress that the green undulations at Mount Prospect are in their own category — extreme! My rounds typically have putt counts in the very low thirties or upper twenties. Here, I had 39 putts with five of them being 3 putts! Whether you are familiar with such undulating greens or not. My very strong suggestion is that you give yourself a solid (at least 15 min) on the practice green that emulates what you find on the course. Even the aeration that took place a few days earlier matched the greens throughout the course. While the green aeration was a considerable drawback for our round, all courses need maintenance so no complaints there. I expect within a week it will have fully recovered and we look forward to playing it again when it has.

Overall, I'm not looking for much more in a golf facility:
The practice areas are great including the driving range (though $8.00 for a small bucket of 50 sub-standard-quality balls feels off on pricing). Once beyond that, things improve dramatically. The tee boxes are generous in size, sufficiently flat, with squared corners, and are very well cared for with excellent clean, smooth and dry sand mix and the best scoops around. The ball washers had clean water and fresh towels. The fairways, for this time of year were in great shape. With a few exceptions, we found the rough thick enough to challenge and dense enough to keep the ball from sinking to the bottom and being lost. Random moguls aplenty throughout the course add to the difficulties should you not keep your ball in play on the fairway.

The bunker architecture, is outstanding from from fairway to green and other courses could learn a thing or two about how to build and maintain conditions. These guys really know what they are doing and they clearly have the tools to do it. The sand conditions are excellent; super smooth, consistent, and highly playable.

The pace of play— as noted in other reviews— is definitely on the slower side however the course acknowledges this with posted signage as well as GPS indicators which let you know if you're on pace or not. I've found that shorter courses always play slower. When this happens I turn that obstacle into an opportunity by using that time to my advantage and absorbing every available bit of information that might feed into my next shot. I consider that this is the pace that pros get to enjoy every round and the average golfer does not. This allows me to actually take the time to note the lie, the slope, the wind at address, and along the flight path. I'm able to identify ideal make and miss shot placement. I get to take a few extra practice swings maybe. This becomes the rhythm of the game and instead of feeling frustrated or annoyed, I'm feeling more encouraged and confident that my next swing will result in a quality position for the shot that follows.

All course staff encountered were cheerful, and helpful at every turn from check in, during play, and out the door. We didn't linger afterward, but the bar and grill and balcony definitely felt like a place we wouldn't mind hanging out after a round.
Thank you Mount Prospect Golf Course! We look forward to playing here again!

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We love hearing from our fantastic golfers and we look forward to seeing you next time you play!

Weather perfect, golf course in excellant conditions ,

Best weather experianced this summer, had a great golf experiance toda

Commented On 10/12/2018

That's so great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Fantastic Value

Fourth time playing this course this year and haven’t paid over $50. Twice midday and twice early morning. Afternoon rounds were a bit slower but nothing I fussed about and I HATE slow play. Many walk this course as it’s not long and greens to tees isn’t a hike.
The greens are unlike any other course in the area. It gives you the feel of playing a professional track. MANY tiers on some of them but all have been consistent and well kept. First time playing left me scratching my head at some pin locations as many have pointed out. But what many have left out is there are also very easy pin locations as well. Many of the greens have bowl like sections that will funnel your ball towards a great birdie opportunity. Some pointed out many ball marks and I’ll point out that as the first one out, I was behind an employee fixing ball marks with the mower/roller following. They’re caring for this course but I hate to say it, unfixed ball marks come with the territory of a public course.
Haven’t used the range or short game area but they look amazing.
Fun track.
Will be challenging, especially around the greens but could also have kick in birdies.
Tees are square and look professional, well manicured. Fairways are pretty generous. Again, employee filling divots this morning but public course will get the players who don’t know what the sand/seed mix bottle is for on the cart.
Good amount of protection around greens with bunkers that are well kept.
Not a ton of water to deal with, but there’s some lurking.
I’ll play a course over and over if I like the greens. Played this course my last 3 rounds. Take the greens on as a challenge. If they beat you up, make your next tee time there again.

Interesting Design; You'll either love it or hate it

Recently renovated to replicate the Seth Raynor and CB McDonald golden age design. Each hole is reminiscent of a template hole (ex: Cape, Biarritz, Punchbowl, Road, etc). While Chicagoland has a couple similar courses (ex: Chicago GC, Shoreacres), there are very few public golf courses built in this style. Mount Prospect is unique in this regard. If you are bothered by quirky design and wild greens... you won't like Mount Prospect. If you're interested in classic golf course architecture, you'll have fun at Mount Prospect.

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thank you so much for the great review!

Illinois Advisor

Well Mantained Muni

Mt. Prospect's redesign is either a love or hate for folks that played the original version. Some rerouting was done and all of the green sites "updated" to what was advertised as going back to old school style. They missed the mark on many of them....several are so over the top with their tiers and different levels it's next to impossible for novices to average players to enjoy their day. The greens defend the track - get in the wrong area and you're screwed. Some greens just aren't large enough for the swales and undulations they've put into them...a tad too severe or exacting. Other greens are poorly designed for the length of the hole.....the 2nd green in particular where if you're not a very accomplished player you virtually have no chance of getting your ball close on your approach. In general for me it's a pleasure to play providing plenty of challenge with many short par 4's and the two par 5's on the back are reachable in two if you get your ball in the right position. The facilities are top notch range/practice area/halfway house/nice clubhouse/locker room. I downgrade a star because the fairways are divot laced (like I predicted...see my 8/8/16 review) and a few of the par 3's are mine fields of old ball marks. Recommended. $35-$40 value.

Commented On 10/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities our course has to offer and we hope to see you again soon!

Slow play

Nice layout, always in good conditions...complete JOKE how slow it is. Never a ranger to move people along. Walked off the course earlier in the week it was so bad. Figure it out.

Commented On 10/12/2018

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We understand how frustrating slow play can be. We will certainly look into this and we do hope you'll play us again in the future.

The condition of course was in very good shape, but I have to say that whomever designed the greens is a complete moron.....no way are they designed for a normal golfer let alone the hacker's that play here it's like playing on minature golf course just needed a clown at the end......wait that's must be the designer! Nice waste of millions of dollars! Shot a 75 only because I had some good luck landing in the right spots.

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Northbrook, Illinois
Schaumburg, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!