Pine Meadow Golf Course
Blue/White 72 6365 yards 70.8 129
Blue/White (W) 72 6365 yards 76.6 135
Tournament (W) 72 5484 yards 71.8 125
Scorecard for Pine Meadow Golf Club
Black M: 74.8/139 402 556 492 540 245 445 457 196 380 3713 394 374 195 541 408 548 416 184 445 3505 7218
Gold M: 73.6/136 386 540 458 524 220 420 448 175 370 3541 384 365 185 536 393 551 400 175 430 3419 6960
Blue/Gold M: 72.2/133 386 523 422 495 220 401 421 148 370 3386 376 365 185 536 368 485 400 160 395 3270 6656
Blue M: 71.5/131 W: 77.4/137 378 523 422 495 180 401 421 148 367 3335 376 359 160 502 368 485 365 160 395 3170 6505
Blue/White M: 70.8/129 W: 76.6/135 378 523 410 495 164 382 416 148 367 3283 355 359 160 502 368 465 336 160 377 3082 6365
White M: 69.9/126 W: 75.4/133 343 511 410 476 164 382 416 131 342 3175 355 354 128 492 328 465 336 141 377 2976 6151
Tournament W: 71.8/125 343 400 352 476 164 343 349 131 330 2888 326 354 128 407 240 368 336 141 296 2596 5484
Red M: 65.5/115 W: 70.1/121 311 400 352 416 136 343 349 106 330 2743 326 271 110 407 240 368 294 129 296 2441 5184

Year Built 1924
Architect Joe Lee (1985) Rocky Roquemore (1985) William S. Flynn (1929) Joe T. Jemsek (1985)

Carts Yes - $11 - $17

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Very Solid!

Pine Meadow used to be the talk of Chicagoland but a few years ago they’re rates were too high compared to the course conditions. Decided to give Pine Meadow another shot and so happy I did.

Played on 5/15/19 at 730am. Course was in absolute incredible conditions. This course is just great from start to finish. Huge, long, and brawny parkland style track. Course protects par by the length but very fair with their larger fairways and their massive greens. Did I say massive? Yea biggest greens in Illinois, prove me wrong.

Bob Powers was very friendly along with the rest of the staff. 80 bucks is a bit steep but you get what you pay for. Great pace of play with one of the best practice areas around.

Is Thunderhawk and Stonewall Orchard better? Yes, perhaps but will definitely put this on my list of normal stops this year.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Thank you for your comments in regards to your experience at Pine Meadow. We are glad you enjoyed your round of golf and look forward to seeing you again this summer!

Open in January!!!

Pine Meadow was open in January which was great. The staff were warm and friendly to us, and grateful to see us out at the course. For January the course was in great shape and the greens were rolling at about a 10. I couldn't believe it!!!!

Pine Meadow is a great track. Playing at the end of the season is a great value. Great condition, no leaf issues losing balls.

Commented On 11/19/2018

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the spring!

Wonderful operation is only getting better

As a lifelong golfer here in the Chicago area, I have played many of the public and private courses. Like many golf lovers I like to hit the road and seek out new course to play around the state and into the bordering states as well. When I asked my wife earlier in the week where she would like to play, she said what I was thinking.... Pine Meadow GC !

It's a beautiful piece of land and a great layout. Generally speaking the golfers that play there are knowledgeable and courteous, and they know how to keep pace or invite you to play through. The starters do a great job of getting you set up to play the course as well. They are typical of the staffing in general. I have always found the Pine Meadow people to be welcoming and professional. They are real golf people!

The greens are really good now! The current keeper of the greens is a "keeper" for sure. I have never seen them better and they have been consistently good all year.

By every measure that matters to me, Pine Meadow GC is a wonderful golf experience and a great value for the price!

Commented On 11/19/2018

Peter - Thank you for your outstanding review of Pine Meadow and the staff. It is our goal to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at the "Pine" and look forward to seeing you soon.

Outstanding Overall Experience

Played Pine Meadow for the first time this year and was very impressed at the course conditions. Greens were in excellent shape and rolled fair and true. Staff was outstanding and helpful as they always have been in past years that I've played there. I understand they have a fabulous fitting program. This is one of the top public golf courses in the Midwest. Anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nice layout

The course was in very good shape considering that there was a lot of rain the day before. The layout is challenging and makes you think. There was very little standing water though the ground was damp.

Commented On 09/09/2018

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your round at The Pine.

Fantastic time

Pllayed the morning after the course received a lot of water from the storm. they allowed carts and the fairways drained very well. the greens were in fantastic condition and rolling very true. had a wonderful round of golf and enjoyed the restaurant afterwards.

Commented On 09/09/2018

Thank you for your 5-star rating, We look forward to seeing you again.

Great Chicagoland Course

The course received over an 1" of rain the night before we played. The greens were in excellent shape and rolled very well. The course was draining well -- very little standing water. Golf carts had no restrictions.

Look forward to going back again.

Good test of public golf

The fairways had some rough spots, but not many. The greens and pace of play were both good. Little pricey, but good public golf in Chicago is hard to come by.

Commented On 08/14/2018

Thank you for your review of Pine Meadow. We are glad you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you again.

I returned

After my first round, I just had to go back now that I had a feel for the layout.
Conditions were incredible...
something really neat happened a range came up and just talked to me...that's it, he just wanted to say hi, now that was refreshing.
I had joined up with some of their regulars and, heck, they tried to talk be into becoming a member of their permanent tee time group.
Just a nice friendly place.

Commented On 08/14/2018

We are pleased that you enjoyed your round at Pine Meadow and the friendly atmosphere of our staff and customers. Please come back and see us again.

Coming back again

Over the past couple of months I have been looking for a better course in the area that offered all of the golf amenities that one could ask for and I must honestly say that this is the place! Between the 3 chipping greens, 4 putting surfaces, and the 2 driving ranges this place really does have anything that you could need to improve your game. Pine Meadow even offers junior golf programs to help teach your child and to demonstrate proper golf edict to the young up and coming. Also, I know that the price can seem a little high at times but trust me when I say it is worth it. Too many times I have gone to cheaper course where ball marks appeared like mortar fire upon the putting greens and divots dominated the fairways as far as the eye can see, don't even get me started on how long it would take to even get through a single round of golf! I figure that all of these things really have more to do with the moral compass of the type of golfers that go to these course rather than the course itself so I can happily say the Pine Meadow seems to attract the better golfer that understands the process of a round and always seems to leave the course better than they found it! Ultimately, Pine Meadow is a higher price golf course but with it comes the pace of play and conditions that one would expect from this. Not to mention again the practice facilities to either warm you up for a good round or to go out and beat some balls out of frustration after a bad one!

Commented On 08/14/2018

Thank you for detailed review of Pine Meadow. We are pleased you enjoy coming to practice and play at Pine Meadow. We are very proud of our facility, course conditions and its national recognition by the PGA for our youth programs and golf shop. We look forward to seeing you at Pine Meadow.

Plays Twice a year

Very enjoyable

It was a family get together to see our grandson show off his new skills as a junior player. We all had a rewarding experience, from club house to the course.
I purchased a new Greg Norman shirt, my son in law upgraded his putter.
While the course is difficult for us, we could not escape the natural beauty of the place, and we were lucky enough to see a cayote trotting across the fairway.
Chris served us from behind the counter, with a big smile, and friendly manner.
It was truely a pleasant way to spend a late afternoon.

Commented On 07/30/2018

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you chose to spend your afternoon with us. Please come back and visit us.

Incredible experience

Had heard about this venue, some comments not so good, some very good...so decided to find out for myself. Not sure what happened to some of those not so good comments, but my experience was WOW.
What a find....felt like Pinehurst not Chicago Metro.
Staff was proud and happy to talk about facility.
Range was incredible, gave 4 stars on amenities due to restaurant was just more of a snack bar.
Great selection in golf shop.....
But what impressed me the most was the friendliness of staff.
Greens were incredible....cannot wait to get back.

Commented On 07/30/2018

Thank you for your review of Pine Meadow. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Good memories

I hadn't played Pine Meadow for several years. It has always been one of my favorites in the Chicago area.

Commented On 07/30/2018

Len, thank you for your kind words and please don't be a stranger and come back soon!

great place to PLay

Great lay out, course in excellent condition,lov ed the greens very professional and friendly staff

Commented On 07/08/2018

Thank you for your review of Pine Meadow, we look forward to seeing you again this summer.

A public course gem

friendly staff, pace of play is fast, greens in great shape, fairways always mowed to the correct length, great layout

Commented On 07/06/2018

The course was in good condition considering the rain we got in June. Upper range was open and in good shape. The greens were smooth, a little soft, and just about perfect speed for these greens that have a lot of back to front slope and internal contours.
Maintenance staff were in the process of reworking all the bunkers after all the rain. Most were completed and our group found getting out of them a fairly straightforward process.
Clubhouse was full with post round golfers eating and drinking and staff were very competent and helpful during our entire visit.

Commented On 07/06/2018

Thank you for your review of Pine Meadow. We are glad you enjoyed the course and were happy with the conditions after the storm. Please come back and visit us again.

challenging but fair

I was fortunate to play Pine Meadow in the early evening. The course layout is very fair but challenging.
The conditions were good but only because of the
heavy rains in lake county earlier in the week. The greens rolled very well but again the heavy rains didn't allow cutting when I played.
The staff went out their way to make my experience very enjoyable. The driving range is excellent and the fitting facilities are terrific. Any golfer who visits the northern suburbs of Chicago should make it a point to play Pine Meadow.

Commented On 07/04/2018

Thank you for your five-star rating and review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Pine Meadow. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Used to be one of rhe best

So sad what's happened to this course. Within a few years of opening was ranked as a top course in IL. Starting probably 15 years ago (just before our kids practiced and played there regularly) the staff, led by their GM became over the top obnoxious for some reason. Soon thereafter they stopped putting any money into this place. Go there on a Saturday morning and you can walk up (if you're desperate to play). Everyone is on the range and nobody willing to overpay for this crap.
You reap what you sow

Commented On 06/30/2018

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Pine Meadow. We take all our comments very serious. However, the Jemsek family has a solid reputation in golf operations and course conditions at all their facilities. In fact, our customers have been very positive on our course conditions at Pine Meadow over the past 18 months. As you might be aware, several years ago we did experience some issues with our greens, but with significant resources invested, the greens are in good shape and rolling nicely. We did check the tee sheet on June 23 and maybe you came later in the day, but we had 150 golfers, which is pretty busy for a Saturday. Once again, we are sorry to hear your feelings about Pine Meadow, but hope you consider coming back in the future.

I am a scratch golfer who enjoys playing early in the morning at a fast pace. Our fore some was the forth tee time of the day and we walked 18 holes in 3 hours and 50 minutes. We never waited on a shot and didn't hold anyone up so pace of play was as good as it gets. I've been told pace of play slows down later in the day but if you play early, be ready to move and enjoy the quick pace.

The layout of the course is fantastic, no homes and areas that make you feel like you are in Wyoming verses northern Illinois. The handicap ratings on some of the holes are suspect and the front nine played tougher for me than the back with some very long par 3 and par 4 holes from the gold tees. The overall condition of the course was outstanding except the sand traps were very wet. If they repair the drainage in the sand traps, the course condition will be second to none in this area.

This course all but lost their greens a few years ago but after a lot of effort by the current staff, they are now really top notch poa anna greens that are firm and run around 10.5 on the stimp meter. The greens are huge with a lot of undulation so be ready to play a lot of break on all of your putts and do not go above the hole on any front pins or you will really have you work cut out for you. I heard some complaints about the green speed being too slow but I really don't think most people could putt very well on these huge undulating greens if they were much faster than they are right now. The greenskeeper would also lose about half of his pin positions if the greens were much faster due to the undulation. It really didn't take very much to adapt to the slightly slower greens and I enjoyed the challenge of putting greens with a lot of break.

The practice facility is also top notch with new range balls, bent grass hitting areas and several chipping greens with sand traps. A few more targets to shot at different distances would be nice but this is truly a first class place to warm up or practice.

The staff was very nice but we didn't really see a ranger since we were moving pretty quickly early in the day.

If you enjoy a challenging course that is easy to walk, this is a great track.

Request A Vacation Quote From Cog Hill Golf and Country Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Libertyville, Illinois
Grayslake, Illinois
Gurnee, Illinois

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)