Foss Park Golf Course

Foss Park Golf Course has a convenient location in North Chicago that is an easy drive in from the city. It's a public course that is known amongst locals for being one of the area's best golf values. The layout is wide-open save for three holes that are framed by towering mature trees. The golf course strikes a good balance between being challenging and playable. The fairways are narrow and demand accuracy but the massive greens are more forgiving. Each hole offers a variety of different playing options, which makes the course appealing to a wide range of skill levels. The golf course has plenty of sand, plus water hazards come into play on several holes. There is also a driving range and large practice putting green available at Foss Park G.C.
Foss Park Golf Course
Scorecard for Foss Park Golf Course
Blue M: 71.8/126 403 477 206 404 393 172 484 342 407 3288 425 157 361 507 436 187 405 529 388 3395 6683
White M: 70.4/123 388 467 196 384 373 160 469 317 389 3143 410 148 343 487 420 163 385 514 370 3240 6383
Black M: 69.2/120 378 457 186 359 358 155 454 312 371 3030 395 138 325 472 400 148 365 499 350 3092 6122
Red M: 68.0/118 W: 73.6/125 373 452 181 354 353 150 398 245 315 2821 387 133 315 467 395 143 360 494 345 3039 5860
Yellow W: 66.5/110 232 369 113 280 288 135 378 240 310 2345 275 128 227 328 293 72 250 378 288 2239 4584

Year Built 1974
Fairways Blue
Greens Bent

Sung kim

Every thing ok but staffs was horrible cause I arrived 35 minuets early my tee time they say you have to TeeOff right time not even 1 minuet maybe course was busy I understand but nobody in the course cause weather was too hot

So I was waiting 35 minuets I don’t see anybody 1st tee box until my tee time. I play golf 35 year but I never like this happen.

Fun and Tougher than it looks

Fun course that is all about putting your tee shot in the right place. Don’t be fouled by the shortness of the coure. You might be leaving Driver in the bag a lot. Big greens but don’t get above the hole.

Always good

We had fun, a large variety of holes, rewards for staying in the fairway, challenging.

Good experience.

Course was in fine condition after a week of heavy rains. Drained well and we were not restricted to cart paths. Greens are very large and reasonably fast. Great value for the money.

Great Time out at Foss Park

Great Time out at Foss Park. Greens and all grasses in great shape. Some trees have been eliminated on the centrally located holes to make the very densely wooded areas just outside the rough a bit more forgiving, but I still like the way Foss Park trades having an abundance of trees, and the punch-outs they often require for comparatively fewer sand traps around the greens. This was my second round at FP this season and it definitely will not be my last--good weather, good staff, good condition, good fun.

Great condition

I play this course at least a couple times every year. It was on the best shape, that I've seen, in several years. Was a pleasure to play, especially with the rate I got on line.

Great practice course!

this course is a perfect combo of golf value. I am a 18 handicap. The course is long enough and overall a great practice golf course. There are some very narrow and dangerous holes such as the 4th, 5th, 12 and 13. The rest are straight forward. Great deal from golfnow!

The customer service was terrible at this course!!!!!

Response from Foss Park Golf Course on 05/31/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Foss Park Golf Course. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course in the Chicago, Illinois area, and we hope to see you again soon.

good round

Had a good time it was chilly out and few players so I just cruised around the course and played fairly well for the cool windy day it was. Beat the rain and just enjoyed the good practice I got in!

good round

was windy course played tough but that is what the game is about!

Nice layout

Played here a few times, very wide open fairways, a few challenging holes but nothing to bad for the average player, will be coming back often when deals are offered

Played a couple times this yr, like the links layout. Very wide fairways, a few trees in back nine but no problem . A few small creeks to get over, like this for the value , will be a regular on my list

Go for the golf not the amenities

Golf and the course seems to be of secondary interest to some of the staff. Course played well on the day I went even after some seasonal rain. Pace of play was a bit of an issue on the front nine. Had to go back and replay a couple of holes due to backups. Weather was in the high 40's, but little wind so was playable. Good course to walk and the price was right for end of the season play. Greens and tee boxes were in good shape and several ball washers were full. Course requires some management, but a good layout to try many shots. Plan on returning next year.

This course didn't open blue tee box.

I went to this course to play blue tee box but tuff luck I had to play white tee with beginners.

Response from Foss Park Golf Course on 09/28/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Foss Park Golf Course, in the North Chicago area. We are sorry to hear that you were unable to play off of the blue tee box. However, we are glad to see that you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed our course layout. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

Slow play

There was a six some in front of us from the second hole on and the staff did nothing about it!!!

Response from Foss Park Golf Course on 09/26/2017:
Hello John, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Foss Park Golf Course. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a smooth round due to the poor pace of play and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you enjoyed the course layout and your round was a great value for you, so we hope that made your round a little better. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Chicago area, and we hope to see you again soon.
Libertyville, Illinois