Hillcrest Event Center - Champion Executive Golf Course

Caddies: No

Driving range: No

Dress code: Shirts must be worn at all times.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover, AMX Welcomed

Men's 30 1848 yards N/A N/A
Ladies' 32 1821 yards N/A N/A

Hillcrest Event Center's Champion Executive Golf Course manages the difficult double task of helping new players improve while challenging experienced golfers. The course features irrigated greens, blue grass fairways and the perfect number of water hazards. Hillcrest offers night golf, tournaments, lessons, leagues and more. There is a fully equipped golf shop and a clubhouse restaurant on site.

"Great Course for Family FUN"

desoren's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Just took my son golfing for the first time. He had a blast! This is a great course to bring your family. Not too crowded and staff is nice. Don't expect this course to be a 5 star course, but its cheap and a good course for the casual golfer on a budget. Overall good layout of course. Putting Greens are the main area that need to be improved. We will be back again soon.

"Worst Course and service EVER experienced."

NAH1's avatar
Plays:  Once a year

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

I truly wish that I could say that I were joking about how horrible our entire experience was but I'm not. My wife and I went to play a round of golf here on our wedding anniversary. I have played this course three times in about eight years, the last two being in the last two or three years. The employee working there (Elias was his name) was beyond rude and disrespectful. We were going to book our tee time online because it was going to save ten dollars per person but ended up not booking it before we arrived. Elias told us that we had to book our tee time in advance and wasn't going to honor that pricing so we said that we could come back after booking a later time. He was obviously annoyed by this but grudgingly agreed to let us book online for the discounted pricing offered through their own online advertising. As my wife booked the reservation I inquired as to the condition of the course because the last time I played here the "greens" were literally Dirt (little to no patches of grass) and Elias was obviously further annoyed by this. He went on to ask us if we had any of our own drinks to which I replied we did not. He immediately went into telling us that, "If I see you with any drinks, I can throw you off the course" as he pointed up to a sign in the clubhouse. I told him that's fine, I did not have any outside beverages that I was bringing on the course and based off of his attitude, I would not be purchasing anything else from him anyway. We went out to retrieve our golf cart and load our clubs when Elias came out after us and asked us if we had signed out our cart to which I replied we hadn't and I was unaware we needed to since he did not say anything about it. He said, again with an attitude, that you need to come in and sign out the cart before you can play. I went back into the club house to sign out the cart and this is were things got even more infuriating and disrespectful. While following me in, Elias asked me what what wrong with my leg with a tone of disgust in his voice. I asked him what it was he was referring to and he actually came up and poked my left leg on a varicose vein. I told him that is a varicose vein, in shock that he actually thought it appropriate to physically poke or ask about a customers physical ailments! I then signed the clipboard for our cart rental and as I was starting to walk back out, he accused me of stealing his pen which I had pulled from my own pocket. I take accusations towards my character and integrity very seriously. I told him this is my pen and asked him if he needed to see it and he actually replied yes to me. I held it out to show him that it was a pen from a local bank and if he was that concerned about his pen, he could go there and they would give him one for free too. I started walking out and Elias could not leave well enough alone and again followed me out of the building to argue with me about a pen and how we were too cheap to pay the full price of a round of golf! At this point, I told him that I would be filling out online reviews to share my experience and he stated, "That's okay, I know who you are and I will put your name and information on the internet too!" There is nothing like receiving threats from a business towards your spouse that has said little to nothing to the employee saying his is going to put her information out. In regards to the course quality, after our experience with Elias, the first green was nearly fifty percent dirt like the last time I played it. As we went on, it was obvious the course is in horrible condition and severely neglected. This was the case on nearly every hole. The ninth tee box had no tee up markers and had not been mowed in a long time with grass approximately six inches long. At this point, we could see Elias sitting by our car and as we loaded our clubs he told my wife that he found her on Facebook and started naming people he thought she was friends with as if to further attempt some intimidation? Inexcusable disrespect & lack of professionalism from this business. NEVER Returning<br/> No part of this course is "Championship or Executive" in nature.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Not worth the money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Course was not kept up. greens were the length of most fairways @ other courses. Fairways were non-existent.

"Do not reccomend"

Necker29's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I would not recommend this course. The greens were very patchy, the longest hole was 300 yards and I overall had a bad experience. The fairways were cut to a similar length to the second cut at other courses and the greens were similar to a quality fairway.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"This Place Is Sweet"

golfluv1962's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather

I went to Hillcrest for the first time and was suprised. I didnt know a place like this existed in my area. They had a pool, campground, sports bar with a lot of TV's, and a great kitchen. They put out some good food, and the golf course was perfect for me. The guy at the pro shop told me its the shortest 9 hole golf course in Illinois, and I loved it. I cant play too long because I have arthritis, so this course was perfect for me. It was pretty easy, but had a few challenging holes. I drove my cart right up the pool after my round and went swimming. This place was great, although if your a serious golfer looking for a PGA style course, this is not for you. If you like short easy games, and a good time, I would recommend this place.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Love the Place"

dakdan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

This place is awesome, the course is in great shape compare to others in the area, the restaurant has the best BBQ food I’ve had in a long time, the drink prices I could not believe (cheap). On Mondays they have a special $20 golf till you drop after 1pm. I played for 6 hours, and never had to wait. If your into camping they have that too. I did not swim, but was temped.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Owners are scam artist"

amohr2's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2014
Previously played Played with a group Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Owners of this place are known scammers..as well as this course is a joke..not a real course and is deplorable conditions

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Don't waste your time!!"

lzmnich's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/31/2013

This is not even a golf course. I liken it to a driving range that you can take a cart {junk} to hit your next shot. Forget about putting. The greens aren't. They're weeds with sand and ant hills. We tried camping/ golfing over the Labor Day weekend. BOTH were awful! Dan is a nice enough guy but the place is frightful! Keep out!

"Extremely over priced"

neilrjohnson's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2013

The greens are deplorable. Rough, bumpy, holes, dead areas, land unputtable. This is a lame excuse for a golf course. I will not return or recommend this course to any one. Poor value for the money spent.