Palatine Hills Golf Course

Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1968) Bob Lohmann

Carts Yes - $15 - $18

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Master Card, Discover
Dress code Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi Bill, thank you for visiting us at Palatine Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review of the course! We hope you join us again for another round soon!

Due to yesterday rain it was a little wet some spots. Overall very good condition. Want to come back and play when it is not wet.

Mikes

Course was not in good shape at all. Hard to find grass in the fairways. Was better to be in the rough

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice course. Nice rolling hills for a Chicago area course. Greens were in great shape. We played 18 in three and a half hours on Friday at 11:30 am.
The only drawback is the last three of the last four holes are in a flood plane and are very wet to unplayable if there has been significant rain.
Fortunately, it had been dry for several days prior to our round so we had no problems on the finishing holes.
Everything else about the course is well worth the money.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. Please be assured that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Course was in good shape. Greens were true. However. as humid as it was, there was not a cart girl to be seen.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi wshflthnkr. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement and will use your comment as guidance. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Challenging, well placed hazards. Fairways are just tight enough. Great turf. A few wet areas and cart path only on one hole. Overall fun,challenging, well maintained course. Will play there again

Commented on 07/11/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Another Good Day

Very friendly staff and fast pace of play. I will be back out there soon!

Commented on 06/20/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Good Value Good Course

Even after many rainy days, the course played well - no flooding as in the past. Rough was long because too wet to mow, Was easy to change to later tee time to avoid coming rain, which was much appreciated.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hello, we are glad to hear about your recent experience! Please come back out and see us again soon!

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We love getting feedback from our golfers, and we are happy to see that you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Are y’all hiring?

The course is a nice course don’t get me wrong! Mid summer it’ll probably be closer to being worth what they charge. But for what they do charge I could list 17 other courses around the Chicagoland area that would be more worth the price.

My review is mainly about how their staff handled everything. I was deciding between two courses to play today and chose Palatine Hills because I have never played it before. I check GolfAdvisor as well as many other sites before I visit a course to make sure the courses I pay for will be worth it. Everything checked out so I bought a tee time for two and then drove 50 minutes to play there.

4 of the holes on the back 9 were unplayable. Due to the holes being closed they had everyone replay the front or replay the few holes you could play on the back. Which is cool and all until you realize how congested the course can get. We ended up getting stuck behind a slower 2somes and then a 4some. I’m a younger guy who hasn’t been playing golf for very long yet I still understand the rule of letting people play thru. I wish more golfers did. My partner decided he didn’t want to sit around and wait every hole so we called it quits after 9.

This was the first course I’ve ever played that had a problem with giving out a rain check. All I asked for was to be able to come back and play the back 9 once it was fixed. They said it was impossible since I booked thru GolfNow which at first makes sense but doesn’t for long once you start to think about it. What GolfNow does is they purchase Tee Times from courses and then basically resells them to us(simple explanation).

The staff in the Pro Shop tried to make it seem like GolfNow gets everything I spent on the Tee Time so only GolfNow can give me the rain check. Again I have been down this road before at other golf courses and it’s always been handled much better. Even down to the fact that every other course I’ve played that’s above average has done their customers the honor of contacting GolfNow to let them know there is problems with the course. GolfNow can list if it’s Cart Path only, Aerated Greens etc etc.

The job of any staff is to make the experience easier and more enjoyable for their customers. Not to have the customer leave feeling like they aren’t worth the money they spent or that they need to do all the work. I called GolfNow to get it figured out and after being on hold and waiting for a call back for almost a hour I was finally helped. The GolfNow customer representatives are incredible! They handled it all for me. If I was in charge at Palatine Hills today I would have grabbed my business card, wrote “9 hole replay” on it, signed it, shook the customers hand, apologized and told the customer to come back whenever they’d like. The last thing a golf course needs is bad reviews! .

I had high hopes but after a total of nearly two hours of driving for just 9 holes I wish they’d do something to fix the feelings I’m stuck with about their Club. I usually play with a handful of buddies and unless something changes Palatine Hills will be off our list.

On a more positive note there was an older gentleman who was the ranger that day I believe and he was super nice! I wish I would have asked him for his name so I could leave him a good review.

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make a note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 04/17/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Wet

Course was very wet & cart path only so we walked 18.. Hilly so be prepared.
Very nice course with some wide driver landings and some narrow.
Good greens.
Slow play on a Sunday afternoon.
Driving range is good.
Only comment is the setup of the pro shop. It's far from the parking lot, driving range and 1st hole.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Wow - Thank you for the four star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

First time thumbs up!

Really enjoyed my first time here. Course was in great shape. Greens were very fast and I enjoyed that immensely. Tough pin positions but I think they are all on this course. Look forward to playing it again after seeing it one time.

Response from on 11/05/2018:
Hello hornmanjeff, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

A great course and in very good condition, especially this late in the season!

Response from on 11/01/2018:
Hello jaheck, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout

The course is in great shape and it was a pleasure to play

Response from on 08/07/2018:
Hello Mscatena58, thank you for five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Good conditions, decent pace of play

I like the course chip and bunker practice area. Course layout is interesting and fair. The conditions of the course are in good condition and the course is maintained very well. Course Management had the last 4 holes as cart path only and all other holes as 90 degree crossings. The Player Assistant was visible on the course to oversee that players followed the rules, but not in an obtrusive way. Still the pace of play was decent. Players were never backed up and hardly ever saw the groups in front or behind us.

Response from on 07/31/2018:
Hello leekaya, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our practice facility, course conditions and our pace of play. Thank you for playing Palatine Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Palatine, Illinois