Prairie Isle Golf Club

Greens Bent
Architect Gordon Cunningham

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

This course was in good condition, greens ran at a reasonable speed and the rough was not too long. On the day we played we had to play starting at the 10th hole for some unexplained reason. We had a tee time which was pushed back to allow additional foursome in front of us.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Prairie Isle Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

great course

I love this course. Sometimes you feel like it's not in Illinois. Fun challenging course. I will play again.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159380633! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, rsarangay! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u397640133! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, johny1951! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Tricky

Fun layout. Used almost every club. Accurate selections needed. Greens rolled quick. Really had fun! Visually pleasing to the eye!

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u141612572! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Love the track. Head pro is a douche

Head pro came up to us on hole 6 saying we were playing too slow even though we were waiting to tee off on half the holes we played. Wasn’t kind about it, said we played “slow as molasses and held the whole course up”. Except we weren’t. And I’d whoop him in match play.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jrussoret! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

Great course!

Great course! Good track and not as flat like most courses in the Chicagoland area. Well maintained too!

Commented on 07/20/2020

Challenging Day

This is the fifth time I have played the course this year. The course is in great shape overall. Unfortunately and somewhat unexpectedly, this was almost a five hour round. While we got started well, the back nine was 2 hours and 45 minutes. Very slow and it took much away from the golf experience.. One of the most frustrating rounds I have played in many years. I hope the next time it will be different.

Great Track

Solid golf course for the $. Well conditioned and good greens

Disappointed.

I have only played this course two times. First time I played was a little over a month ago and I had a great time and thought I had found a hidden gem. I played today and the course was in really bad shape, I have no idea what they did to go from a course in great shape to awful in 5 weeks. The fairways were awful wet and soggy which of course led to a lot of frustrating pitch and chip shots, club would slide right under the ball. Tee boxes were in bad shape, greens were filled with divot marks. A lot of holes are way to close together I almost got hit twice. Also no signs to let you know where the next hole was.. I will definitely not be venturing out to this course again.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, Husky124. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

HORRIBLE Staff

His name is Quentin Grasso (the head pro there) and he’s the reason myself and friends will never play here again even though we live 5 min from this course. He’s got a bad attitude and is extremely rude. I’ve never seen someone at a golf course that hates being there as much as this guy. I’ve played at this course probably 4 times and every time I go I instantly regret my decision because this guy ruins it. I don’t understand why he still has a job as a golf pro. Everyone at any other course in the area knows exactly who you’re talking about when you mention the a hole at Prairie Isle. Please get rid of this guy!

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello, dieken22. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Prairie Isle Golf Club.

Horrible staff

I didn’t even want to give one star because of this one staff that totally ruined our day. The three-some - it was me and two of my friends - finished 18 holes within about 4 hours and 15 minutes. However, that one staff continued to follow us and give pressure to us, which led all three of us to score the worst ever. What's even worse has not been mentioned yet. He ridiculously started swearing when we asked him to leave us alone. We still cannot believe what had happened happened that day. How does a staff member swear at customers no matter what the situation is?! Was he comfortable doing that because we were asians? I hope not. We do not know his name, but we were there June 28th Sunday at 6am, and there were only 2 staffs working - a young female staff and that guy. This place is horrible for having a staff like him to work without a problem. Don’t expect to enjoy your games at this place!

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hi hp4IrDBZSYgQJ3IXBCDZ. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Prairie Isle Golf Club.

Fun course and a challenge

Played here many times and always enjoy it
Usually crowded but it’s a great place and has a variety of challenging holes

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, shellabel! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Prairie Isle Golf Club!

One of the top public courses in Illinois

This course has it all. No two holes alike. Elevation changes. Easy holes, moderate holes, hard holes. Good conditioning. Not too tough of a walk. Great staff. Worth every penny.

Commented on 06/30/2020