Scorecard for Sycamore Course
Blue M: 71.9/132 378 567 167 391 519 200 418 375 335 3350 180 395 405 415 500 438 143 390 430 3296 6646
White M: 68.9/125 336 535 145 364 505 147 395 330 310 3067 147 360 370 385 480 394 131 376 368 3011 6078
Green M: 65.2/107 220 453 125 310 450 129 243 290 260 2480 118 300 360 325 432 313 131 315 358 2652 5132
Red W: 67.9/114 204 450 111 300 427 129 233 270 245 2369 108 290 300 315 422 303 121 290 298 2447 4816

Year Built 1975
Architect Pete Dye (1975)

Indy Advisor

Elevation Change and Tiny Greens

This is a review of the Sycamore course. It is a fun test with a lot of elevation change, and some greens are very small. All the greens have a good degree of tilt, but do not seem to break as much as it looks.

Being another Dye course around here, it reminded me a lot of The Fort, just not as tricked up and sloped. But this course definitely holds its own with some tough holes, like 15 which requires a precise drive to a plateau then hitting across to a perched green. There are some blind shots out there, so be careful when it's busy. Several tight holes to start as well.

All in all, it's worth the trip out of the city to play. Even here at the end of February, it was in good shape overall, with a few mud patches here and there on the greens. One complaint: they did not have enough staff or food for this warm day so the snack bar was closed. So take an extra snack in your bag before going just in case.

Great Pete Dye Value

Have played other Pete Dye courses and this one ranks right there in the top. Fun and challenging layout. Peaceful and scenic. One of Indy's best for the price. Nice discount to senior golfers.

Nice Course

A friend and I enjoyed this course. It was freezing outside but we're hard core and decided to brave it. We played the Sycamore. Leaves made it a challenge finding shots but the change in elevations on several holes made the course challenging but not overly difficult.
The clubhouse is nothing to write home about but the staff was friendly.

Indiana Advisor

Great muny in City Park

Was cool outside & we caught a pop-up rain shower, but course was in mostly good shape. There were some spots that had too much water & had been muddied up (not sure we had enough rain lately to be the culprit). Tees, fairways & greens were all in good shape. Greens rolled true. We got zero fairway roll with the rain, but expected that. Course has as lot of elevation changes and is a great fall track to enjoy the colors. Some of the best holes in the area out here. With the weather, we had one gent in front of us, we played thru, so we flew around.

Great

Always in good condition. Leafs on some holes. Deer and pineapples lol always happy to play here.

Fantastic Course

My only negative comment is this. After hole 9 there was no chance to go into the club house at the turn. You go straight from hole 9-10. I wished they would have warned us as it was the time of day I could have really used the opportunity to stop and get something to eat.

fix your divets

Loved everything about the course. Used to be one of indianapolis's best. Would give 5 stars across the board if other players would fix their divets on the greens. Several holes looked like a minefield. My foursome took ten minutes on several holes just to fix

Great course for the money.

It had been a few years since I played this course. Great scenery and some challenging holes. Played in a little rain (it always rains when I play this course)..but no standing water. Shoot my best score to date on this track. Good to play every few years.

Sycamore

Nice course but need rangers to keep pace of slower golfers. Cart paths can be somewhat confusing to someone who doesn't play here very often. No access to clubhouse for beer or other amenities at the turn.

Always a fun time

I like Eagle Creek golf and with exception to only one or two holes I really like the Sycamore Course. It's convenient, a good value and well maintained. It's not the caliber of someplace like the fort or bear slide but if you play here and work it into your cycle of regular courses you wont be disappointed.

Poor weather

Rained Out

Started raining between 5&6 hole, lighting between 6 & 7 hole, went to club house asked for a rain check , I was told no because of the type and time of play , tee time was 2:30. I am requesting a refund because of a rained out and no raid check.

Poor weather

No rain check

On the 6th hole it started to rain , then on the 7th hole lighting and , thunder , we went to the club house for a rain check and, was told there is no rain check on this type of purchase , very disappointed , requesting a refund to my credit card

Round 20

The course was in good condition although the greens weren't as fast as usual. It had rained the day before so they probably didn't get a chance to cut them. The bunkers could use some work. Overall it was a good day.

Good for the money

Good course for the money. Unique challenges all over the course. Pace of play could be better

Best public course in Indy

This. Course is a must play for any golfer in Indy or visiting from out of town. Extremely challenging and well maintained

Rude...Cold

Pro Shop Staff, insisted on having a copy of comfirmation or # or ID....Didn't have it on me...Couldn't find our res....STARTER cordial but not on his list either...Couldn't tee off...Went back to shop....at that time was told my res was for the other course...more arguing...Went to car got phone...bac to shop, showed my res to ROY, said to us , I dont know how that happened?....sorry, but you will have to tee off on the other course, we have a league!....45min later wasn't worth the Hot Deal price...Pines for 9holes ..Sycamore 4holes...darkness

Considering it was Nov. 30th the course was in decent shape.

There obviously has not been much work done to the course over the last month. The main problem was the lack of work done on all of the bunkers. There are actually weeds growing in the fairway bunkers. I understand that staff is reduced for this time of year but there could at least be some effort spent on the traps or the fees should be reduced to reflect some of that. Tees, fairways and greens were acceptable.

Great shape for this time of year.

Although the leaves were off the trees, the views were still lovely. And the leaves were in the woods, not on the greens or fairways. Despite the long, dry periods punctuated by too much rain, the course was in gloriously green shape. I had not played here for two years and could hardly tell which were the new or reconfigured holes, because they had grown in so well.

very good experience

course was in great shape and played at a reasonable pace

the course is in good shape for the time of year

we went out and rain was in the forcast, luckly i had a cart cover and a coleman heater. we where warm and tried to stay dry. the first 4 holes it rained and then stopped. no one was out there and we had the course to our self. the deer where ouit and the greens where medium speed. over all had a great time and the course was very nice.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Lebanon, Indiana
Brownsburg , Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
2.2

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club