Winding River Golf Course
Championship 71 6672 yards 71.1 124
Middle 71 6238 yards 69.3 121
Forward 71 5053 yards 66.4 113
Scorecard for Winding River
Black M: 71.7/123 346 215 422 388 543 313 430 402 196 3255 521 350 427 192 378 398 452 156 543 3417 6672
White M: 69.6/118 W: 74.8/106 311 200 397 348 517 287 406 383 178 3027 505 327 412 165 354 375 425 126 522 3211 6238
Green M: 64.5/106 270 168 334 239 402 239 318 277 137 2384 288 347 117 292 314 314 74 453 490 2689 5073
Red W: 68.9/114 270 168 334 239 402 239 318 277 137 2384 470 288 347 117 292 314 314 74 453 2669 5053

Year Built 1963

9-Hole Rounds 9

Worth the $

The course was in good condition specifically the greens. The fairways and parts of the rough could you some water. The staff is friendly and the golf carts are in great condition. The cart paths on the course are in disrepair. I played during a outing and its slow the pace significantly. Definitely worth the money.

Everything was ok not spectacular but better than average greens were quick and holding pace of play was ok

Commented On 08/13/2019

We're glad you enjoyed the greens as well as the pace of play. Be sure to book your next round with us very soon!

Great change of pace

Loved the rolling hills and elevations of this course. Many of the courses in town are flat and narrow, but this had plenty trees, doglegs, and hidden fairway areas to make it fun. Will definitely play here again.

Great Rate For a Pretty Good Course

Found a real good rate on Golfnow. When we got there we figured the rate was good because we were going out behind the women’s league (sorry girls, no I’ll intent meant). However, the women didn’t slow us up one bit. They stayed up with the group in front of them and we tried to stay with them.

Commented On 07/23/2019

We're glad you found value in our golf course!

Will make this my "Home" course!

This course is such a quality course for only $30 for 18 holes w/ a cart. The course is well taken care of, it is always near capacity, yet the pace of play isn't bad. After golfing around other nearby courses, I think I've found my "home" course where I'll golf most of my rounds. Keep it up, Winding River.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you found value in our golf course. We're also honored to now be your "home course!" We look forward to your next round of golf with us soon.

Like playing golf At this course

Golf course is a great place to play had a good game also the course is in great shape will be back to play again

Commented On 07/17/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you had a great time.

Good Value for your Money

Based on paying $30.00 to ride 18 holes, I would definitely recommend this course. The layout is well-planned with several holes that give you a chance to be aggressive at a risk or lay it up for the one-putt par. Greens were well maintained and relatively challenging, but fair.

Tee boxes could use some work in places, and some of the bunkers could use more and better sand. However, my biggest complaint (and the reason it doesn't get five stars, is the crazy amount of mosquitos on the front side (near the ponds). They really need to treat this water and/or put in some swallow bird houses. There were about four holes that we were literally just going up and hitting our ball quickly because of this.

Otherwise, great course and I would expect to be returning with my buddy again.

Commented On 07/18/2019

We appreciate the recommendation!

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hello, David2775239. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Commented On 05/23/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Winding River Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Nice corse, great value

Well maintained course with very friendly, helpful staff. Greens are challenging!

Fun play

Course layout is fun. Greens having been recently punched were in fantastic shape. Not a long course but without a flat green to be seen, it is challenging. I would and will play again.

First time at Winding River

Can’t think of a single complaint. The greens are in good condition and provide a fun but challenging putting experience. The hilly landscape of the course provides many opportunities for scenic views that we often found ourselves pausing to take in. The pictures on here do not do the course justice in my opinion. I’m on a journey to play all of the courses in Indy, and this course is one I’m looking forward to coming back to.

Commented On 08/06/2019

Thank you for the 4-star review! We're glad you enjoyed the greens. We hope you'll come back again soon!

Great course for value staff, not so much.

Winding River Golf Course is a great course and lay out, besides a couple of not so great fairways and bunkers the course was in great condition and the greens rolled true. However, as we made the turn And got to the 12th tee we were waiting on the group in front of us when we heard a loud whistle and we didn’t pay any attention to it. Then we heard it again and we turned around and two golfers were finishing up on 11 green and were whistling at us and motioning to speed up play. Well, we couldn’t because the group in front of us and then the two drove up to us and it turned out that both of them worked at the course. All three of us in the group found it very unprofessional that the staff whistled at us. Then he told us there was a “tournament” right behind us and we needed to hurry up, but we were playing pace of play and couldn’t help that the group in front was taking slightly longer than usually to find their balls. That was a lot to type, but we just thought it was very rude to pushed by two staff at the course when they can play any other time I’m sure.

6 hour rounds

horrible scheduling. 15 foursomes teeing off between 11am and 12pm. Course looked nice, but wasn’t willing to tee off 45 minutes late and play a 6 hour round...

Commented On 06/18/2019

We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your experience with us this time around. We hope you'll contact us directly at the pro shop and we'd be happy to discuss this further.

Good layout. Not spectacular. Ground very hard. Needs some maintenance. Greens were OK.

A nice round as usual at Winding River

We play here once a month or so and was a nice round as expected.
Everything had been mowed and maintained. It was a warm day and dry conditions. For being late spring, the weeds are mostly under control.
Only saw a rough patch or two in a couple fairways. The fairways were not cut super short, but easily differentiated from the rough and good.
Most of the greens are in great shape. Only a couple greens had excessive ball marks, and one or two had some spots that needed love. The grass is seeding, so grain direction was important. Balls rolled pretty quick. Most greens have a pretty good slope to them and break heavy.
Tee boxes were in great shape and maintained, other than broken tees needing picked up and stepping on a few in the ground.
I like playing here. Layout is challenging and the trees can get you if hit into them. We usually go for the Golfnow Hot Deal and the price is right!
Get to see some various wildlife at times as the woods and river sets to the east and south of the entire course. A few scenic and pretty hole layouts.

Enjoy this course very much

Enjoy this course very muchOther golfers you like to play a nice course the greens are wonderful the fairways are wonderful and the second cat is wonderful enjoy the place I do

Poor scheduling

Our tee time was set directly behind a shotgun start scramble. I guess they made their money on our hot deal...after 3.5 hour front nine we had to call it.

Could have sent us off the back. Not an option from the guy at the counter who had no time for me. Didn’t even have a cart for us. See my previous review. Why did I go out there again?

It’s just not worth it - terrible customer service.

Camby, Indiana