Sultans Run Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens Zoysia Grass
Architect Tim Liddy (1996)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Collared shirt, no jeans.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2018 #19)

Worth the travel to play

Course was in better condition than when we played 16 years ago. Nice amenities and great weathers.

Commented On 09/10/2019

We're glad you noticed all the great improvements! We hope to see you out here again more often this season!

Great Course!

No tricks just straight ahead golf on a great layout. Several rapid heart beat shots and the 18th green is an incredible experience! Excellent condition, beautiful course and priced right! Clubhouse and outside staff gave us great service and we felt appreciated for being there. We played as a twosome on a Sunday morning and although we waited on a couple holes the pace of play was good and the foursome in front of us were nice enough to let us play through. I live a couple hours away but I will be back as often as possible if nothing changes.

Commented On 07/30/2019

Thanks for the 5-star rating! Come play again soon.

Beautiful challenge

Great course with beautiful layout that will challenge your golf skills and your talent for course management.
Don’t be fooled by the serene vistas from the tee stations, there’s more to meet the eye.
Jeff Howerton and his outstanding staff are first class and make your visit memorable.

One of the best in Indiana.....

Commented On 07/17/2019

We're glad you enjoyed the course layout as well as the challenge! Be sure to test out your skills with us again soon.

Wonderment

Playing all the time in Florida it was a real treat to play with hills. Course was excellent!

Commented On 06/18/2019

Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed the change of scenery.

A satisfying course. Real golf.

Not unfairly penal or tricked up. Good shots keep you moving towards the pin and poor shots put you in a recovery mode. (Value received for dollar spent? This is hands down the best course of the three connected to French Lick’s resort complex. Yep.)

As for condition, I found it the superb. When confronted with summer rain deluges, the course recovers to a playable condition almost immediately. A tip of the hat to whoever did the design work.

Best of all, the vibe is pure golf. The pro, Jeff Howerton, is a real deal PGA head professional... courteous, good natured, leaning forward to help any stranger who walks through the shop, and he flat out knows the game.

The outside staff folks make you feel genuinely welcome. If you want to chat; they will gab. If you want to keep your distance; they just quietly set you up to play.

Commented On 06/19/2019

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed your round as well as the vibe Sultan's Run has to offer. We hope to see you out here again soon!

Commented On 07/29/2019

Thank you for the excellent 5-star rating!

Over Hill Over Dale

Friendly accommodating staff. Genuinely eager to please. Course` has lots of contour and challenge. Local knowledge is helpful. Greens were smooth and fast but very receptive. I was able to hold 5he greens better than usual for me. A course to be played more than once. Looking forward to the next round there.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 10/23/2018:
Hi Terry, Thank you for leaving us an awesome 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations at the pace of play, staff friendliness, course conditions, and value for the money. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bumpy slow greens

Excellent shape. Only complaint were the greens. Never seen them this slow and bumpy. Couldve been due to rain and alot of play that day. Otherwise enjoyable time as always.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 08/27/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Sultan's Run Golf Club a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear you liked our course conditions. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Hope you have all day

Beatifull course. 4.5 star condition. But...
They had an outing in the morning and let out a lot of 4somes for replay rounds. No rangers in the afternoon. We were more than 5.5 hours finishing. Doesn’t matter how great the course is, it was not fun. They did recognize there was a problem and gave us rain checks for 50% of a round. Didn’t really make things all better.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, We would like to apologize for the pace of play. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future. Thank you for your business.
Indy Advisor

4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed Sultans Run. The course has a challenging mix of elevation change, thick rough, and tricky greens. It's visually intimidating and pleasing at the same time. The 18th green with a waterfall behind it and clubhouse overlooking it was beautiful.

As for playing it, you have to pick the right club off the tee, as we found ourselves in the wrong spot hitting driver on multiple occasions. The greens were fairly large and rolled true. So why 4.5 stars? They clearly must've had a rough season and spent a lot of money on sod recently to make repairs. There were still spots in need of work too. In some cases, you had to seek relief from it, but once it fills in I'm sure it'll be pristine again.

Bottom line, if you're in/around French Lick or this part of the state or are looking for a good group destination than you can't go wrong with Sultans Run. Highly recommend playing it and I'll be back again.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Sultan's Run Golf Club a 4-star rating. We are pleased to see that we met your overall expectations for staff friendliness, course layout, the pace of play, value for the money and off-course amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A manageable adventure

Each round reveals additional subtle features. Played early morning- greens held good shots and putts a bit easier to pace. Very nice treat when in French Lick area.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hi Glen, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. We are happy to have met your overall expectations. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Beautiful course

In town for business and was able to sneak out in the afternoon. Great condition, great layout. Only thing missing is some directional 150 markers off the tees for first timers.

Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 07/22/2018:
Hello, Thanks for leaving Sultan's Run Golf Club a 5-star rating. We're glad you had a chance to sneak away and enjoy yourself out on the golf course. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon!
Response from Sultan's Run Golf Club on 07/20/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Sultan's Run Golf Club a 5-star rating. Book your next tee time with us soon.

great change of pace

I can't believe this course hasn't been reviewed in years. Love the layout, love the course conditions, staff is very friendly. I don't understand the price hike. Could have used a marshal on the back nine. Our 3some was cruising along until we got bogged down by a foursome which backed up 5 holes behind us. You paid $59 for the round what's another $3 in a lost ball in the weeds, drop and move on.

Great Course!

Challenging but fair, course was in great shape with slick greens and nice fairways. The 18th hole is the best finishing hole around. Highly recommend this course.

Top 5 course I have played

This course is about as good as it gets. Challenging, but fair. Love the way the ball sits up in the Zoysia fairways. Greens, rough, and sand traps all in good shape. Nice layout. Staff is friendly. Can't wait to play it again.

Great Course -Well Worth the trip to Jasper

Great Course. Great Staff.
Par 3's had plenty of challenge and great views.
Some blind tee shots that you need to pay attention to.
When I get back in the area, I plan to play it again.

Jasper, Indiana