View of a green at Odyssey Golf Course

Odyssey Country Club is a challenging layout that was designed by Harry Bower and two-time U.S. Open winner Curtis Strange. Strange won in 1988 and 1989, putting him in the company of only six others in the century-long history of the U.S. Open. His influence is apparent in all the strategic elements of the golf course as well as the risk-reward options. This demanding layout is not exactly beginner friendly. Staying on the fairways is crucial or your ball will be met with deep rough. Water is also a prominent presence on the golf course. Twelve holes either feature a water hazards or play along the water's edge. Odyssey Country Club's 16th hole is memorable for its tricky island green, which naturally draws comparisons to the famous 17th at TPC Sawgrass.

Odyssey Golf Course (Odyssey Golf Foundation)

Year Built 1992
Architect Harry Bowers Curtis Strange (1992)

Clubs No

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Good course

The course was in good shape after the storms last night. There wasn't a bunch of goose crap all over the course, like there has in the past. Pace of play was good.

Commented on 11/13/2020

Hi Mike8212745. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course.

Autumn cinditions

Course was beat up some as you’d expect in November but it was very playable. Price was good. Pace slowed down at end of day.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi JFudacz. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Odyssey Golf Course.

A lot of water!

Had fun! Nice spongey fairways. Greens were a little slow. Would be nice if people fixed their ball marks. Concession was closed probably for the season. Would go back.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Odyssey Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi, dviswanathan. Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Odyssey Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon!

Fun Day

Anytime you’re playing golf in November in the Chicagoland area it’s a plus. Course was full but the pace was good and staff was friendly. Only issue was so many unfixed ball marks. Sadly that’s on my fellow golfers.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi jondye1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Odyssey Golf Course!

Course was very nice and well kept.
Golfed with my son. Found the man in the pro shop to be very helpful and pleasant. When we got to the starter he was somewhat quiet and told us the place was empty and have fun. We drove to the first tee box and I put my golf on, took a couple practice swings and stepped over my ball when I heard telling. It was the starter screaming at me to tee off. I was on the box for about one minute as was about to hit my ball. I found it not only unnecessary but rude and totally uncalled for. While I enjoyed the course I felt rushed the entire round.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, briman1313. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We're very sorry for any inconvenienced we caused. But thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Odyssey Golf Course.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your great rating, u982105586! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course!

Great Course Light Staff this time of year

Have been here for a friend’s wedding and this course was really nice. Got a lot of rain and little sun for days before but it still didn’t flood badly. Staff was very light at this time of year and no bathrooms open out on the course keep that in mind but got my round for in the mid $20s and would say it’s worth $45-50

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you for your review, u4328391. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience here at Odyssey Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rained our

It rained all day long. Carts were cart path only,

I cancelled the round as 3 seniors could not play in the rain and walk extensively. I haven't seen a refund yet, as the course did not close.

Commented on 11/04/2020

Nice course. Was in great shape after a big night of rain. Staff is just OK, doesn't go out of their way, just matter of fact.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi successjw. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Odyssey Golf Course.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your great rating, u00000568989! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course!

Quality Hot Deal

Would recommend if you can book as a hot deal in the afternoon. Quick pace of play.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for your review, JBjes. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Odyssey Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/15/2020

Great layout

Course layout is very fun and challenging. The greens are in beat up shape repair your ball marks people. Would definitely come back.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hi u000006712382. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Odyssey Golf Course.

Conditions lacking compared to past rounds

I generally play this course a few times per year as I don’t live close. It’s a good meeting point for a friend & I too get out. This Fall Day was above average temps so the course was busy....which turned into a 4 1/2 hour round....we waited on most every hole. The course conditions weren’t real good, greens didn’t look to have been cut for a few days, many ball marks and traps haven’t been raked for a long time. I realize the year has been tough with weather/periods of drought & COVID making it hard to fund course maintenance. The rate was fair($30 for 18 with cart on a Fri Afternoon) for the conditions and Its not like I won’t play here again....just hoped for a little better conditions.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi, Scurtin1391! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

10-10

Great facility. Course was very well kept. Was able to order food and have it waiting for us in between the two rounds of nine holes. Really enjoyed it thank you.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u314160640207. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time leave a positive review. Thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi brandondud. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time leave a positive review. Thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course!

Amazing Time to Golf

Golfing at Odyssey was an amazing adventure was an amazing time. For a first timer the overall layout and presentation was above and beyond anything i could have imagined. Besides an average about a 15 minute delay in pace of play, no sign of "beer cart" and some what appears to be an almost tilled effect on the early greens the course is absolutely a favorite now. The layout, no hole made you feel on top of another such as playing alongside another hole so closely compared to other courses. When addressing being a first timer i was heavily welcomed into the grounds and given a full description on how the course will play and run. Will be definitely scheduling again in the near future!!!

Commented on 10/06/2020

Thank you for your review, u314160096589. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Odyssey Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Layout

Really fun course with a great layout. The fairways were in pretty bad shape in some areas but the greens and everything else were pretty good. Would definitely play here again.

Commented on 10/06/2020

Hi u1238206708. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Odyssey Golf Course.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u000005122685. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Odyssey Golf Course.

Frankfort, Illinois