Ironhorse Golf Club.

Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Paul Loague

Really nice course

Very great place to play. Each hole is unique and course is well maintained and challenging. Plays longer than some of the older courses around. Not set up for you to just hit your driver on each hole either.
Everyone very friendly too.

Great course for the money

Nice layout and fun to play. . Quite a few water and sand trap hazards that can help add to your score. But if it’s jot a challenge why play. The greens had a few rough spots that they seem to be trying to fill in and a few of the tee boxes were fairly sparse. I will play again when in this area.

Water... give me some water!!

Played on Sun 7/28 mid AM—85*/bright sun/humid/breezy. Wow has this course lost its luster!! Greens are baked out and bare in places, tee boxes are chewed up (looks like they never move tee markers), bunkers are concrete pits!! Seems like they have given up on the course and don’t care anymore. This used to be one of my fav travel destinations— not any more!! It’s bad and truly sad how a course can go from 4.5 to .5 in 2 short years!!
Now my main problem—NO water on the course & unbelieveably the course is packed (see weather conditions above). We get to 2 water jugs after #6-NO water (oh well). We get to water jug at #12–NO water; I call clubhouse and inform them that they have a course full of golfers & no water— I was assured it would be fixed (ok). We get to the same 2 jugs after #6 & now before #14-NO WATER!!! I call clubhouse and this time complain; after getting no where with the young kid I ask him to bring us out 2 bottles of water— he said they would—-NEVER DID!! Too bad they treat their golfers and paying public the same way they maintain and treat their golf course— like trash.
I won’t be back!! Was gonna bring a large group over in October to play— we will go somewhere else where they appriciate the customer and course. I would be embarrassed to be affiliated with this complex.
It was a disgrace.

Solid links-style fun.

Our foursome travels an hour to play Ironhorse several times a year. The course layout is generously open but also offers some fun water carry risk reward shots. Wind is often a factor. The course has always been in good shape. Great value. One of our favorites.

Iron horse

Course for early season in good shape. Enjoyed it Aerated greens should be healed up by weekend

Perfect!

Course was in amazing condition for mid April!! Fairways/tees were green and freshly cut. Greens were a bit slow, which was surprising but rolled fairly true (had aerorated either late winter or early spring and some places hadn’t grown back yet). For once we played without wind which is def different. Water comes into play on 11 holes so it def keeps your attention.
All in all a perfect day and on GN Hot Deal we will def be back— soon. We just love the layout and diversity of holes! Just wish it was closer and my home course.

Will not be going back

There was water and natural Long Grass everywhere, and the course was very hilly. It was wrapped around a residential area, so I didn't care for the layout. Finding where your ball went was a nightmare! Staff was friendly, facilities were clean, but that's the only positive things I will say.

Fun course, poor condition

The layout of this course is great. Decent length from the back tees (only had blues open today). Many opportunities to challenge water and cutoff doglegs. Unfortunately the course should serious evidence of no maintenance. Tee boxes were overgrown and full of weeds. Greens had many spots with no water for weeks. Not sure if management has changed recently but it’s disappointing to see a wonderful course slip away. Hopefully they can invest and get the course back to championship level it’s been at in the past.

Fantastic!

Played Ironhorse on Monday and they were aerating the front nine so I had to play the back nine twice. The back nine was in great shape and it was a perfect fall day, sunny and a bit breezy so club selection was key. The greens were excellent, not too fast and well maintained.
The staff was super friendly! Best deal in town as I grabbed a hot deal for $11 on Golf Now which included a cart.

Beatuiful course

Not a boring course like most cheap courses in central IL. Windy, some water in play, and greens are small with undulation. One of the best course i have played at the 20-30USD range.. No trees at all, but if you go too far left or right the knee high rough makes it impossible to find your ball. Fairways, greens, short rough are all in good condition.

Nice greens.

Fun course. It had rained 2 “ a couple hours before we played. Cart path only was understandable. Still had a great time.

Love this course a beautiful well maintained Links course.

Awesome!

Former golf pro.
I highly recommend this track to all.
Low price high quality!!!

Nice place to play

I like to play different courses as we travel. I enjoy a challenge, but I'm no pro.
I chose iron horse because of good reviews, reasonable slope,, and location. Illinois is a farmers paradise , flat and somewhat featureless. The impression from the outside is manmase features in the middle of farm country. Don't be fooled. The features feel natural and provide plenty of challenge plus the course is well maintained. Try it , you'll enjoy it.

Great course for friendly wagers.

Fun course with lots of challenges. A lot of risk for reward holes. Plenty of water and always windy. Will test most of the clubs in your bag.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.