Annbriar Golf Course in Waterloo is one of the top 10 golf courses in Illinois. The course was built on rolling farmland covered with native wild grasses. The layout eases you into the challenges with a links-style front nine that is less demanding than the back nine. The fairways are invitingly wide but if you miss them, you'll be faced with thick fescue. The back nine takes advantage of the surprisingly undulating terrain, which is unexpected since just across the river the land is almost totally flat. Annbriar's signature hole, the par-4 11th, was voted the best hole in the St. Louis area. From an elevated tee, golfers enjoy a stunning view as they play down into a valley. This hole is also the no. 1 handicap hole on Annbriar Golf Course.

Annbriar Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent

Wonderful Condition For November

Best course in metro St. Louis. Was in tremendous condition for November. Played on Monday morning with a $33 senior rate. The best value for any St. Louis course you are playing.

Commented on 11/22/2019

lcbgolf, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Annbriar Golf Course.

Love this course!

Great course, in great condition. Only knock is no restrooms on the course - help a gal out, please!

Commented on 10/31/2019

Hello, jkbeger41golf. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Annbriar Golf Course!

Favorite coarse

This is one of my favorite courses that I have played. Always in great shape and beautiful scenery. Staff is always wonderful.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thank you for your review, stlbej. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Annbriar Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Quiet, beautiful

Quiet venue. Fairways and rough are great. Greens were just aerated so they were sandy but in great shape. Will play again.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us pattiecanter. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Annbriar Golf Course thanks you!

Top 3 in St. Louis Metro Area

This is one of my top 3 courses to play in the St.Louis Metro Area. I especially enjoy it in the Fall, before the leaves have dropped from the trees. Course is always in great shape! Love it!

Commented on 10/15/2019

Hi Henry, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Annbriar Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

One of the Best

I've played close to 200 courses in my life and this is one of the best. The zoysia grass fairways are like hitting of a carpet. Scenic and challenging layout with incredible conditions. A must play.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, john3825! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The best

I have played this course probably 10 times. The greens are in great shape no matter the time of the year. The staff in all areas are helpful and help even a sub par golfer like me. I will play there any chance I get!

Slow front 9

Other than the slow pace on front 9, & idioits who don't fix ball marks on greens. Every thing was great.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi Paul. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as enforcing pace and proper etiquette like repairing ball marks. Thank you for playing Annbriar Golf Course.

Love it!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi jkbeger41golf, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Annbriar Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Annbriar Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Awesome

5 stars all the way, will plan on visiting the area so that I can play it again

Commented on 09/30/2019

Your feedback is important to us - thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Annbriar Golf Course.

Bitersweet

I love playing this course and would probably play more often if they only worked at marshaling the course. The course is in beautiful condition (as always) and the people are friendly, but 6 hours to play a round of golf is very frustrating. Waiting for 5 minutes on each shot really throws my game off. A small improvement could go a long way in return customers for the course.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Beautiful course

The views are amazing! This course is in great shape and my favorite to play

Commented on 09/23/2019

Great golf course and in excellent shape. Wish the greens were faster but they rolled true. Always a great place to play!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hello, bkushner. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Annbriar Golf Course!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi paulpost1517, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Annbriar Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi Rick1285618, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Annbriar Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 09/19/2019

NEVER AGAIN! First Time, Last Time

First time playing the course. My buddy and I went off late in the afternoon. There was a foursome playing very slowly in front of us and no one else we could see on the course.

We get to the 9th tee and see a member of the group ahead of us motioning with their hands, which we thought meant for us to play through. We hit our tee shots and are met by a VERY confrontational man who identified himself as Jim and purported himself to be owner of the course.

He was very rude, very confrontational. He interrogated my partner and I with irrelevant questions, like "where are you from?" His lady playing with him came over and was just as confrontational, meanwhile we're apologizing profusely the whole time. He then suggested it was time for us to leave, even though we had 9 more holes to play. This was all over a very minor, honest misunderstanding.

I've been playing golf for most of my life, and this was by far the worst experience I've ever had. Never have I felt attacked by another golfer, let alone a man claiming to be owner of the course. There are plenty of great courses in St. Louis to play. Don't waste your time or money to go play this course or risk having to deal with this man.

Great Conditions

The course is in great condition. We actually played after a heavy rain and the course drains really well. Best course in the St. Louis area.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for your review, lcbgolf. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Annbriar Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

One of the best around St Louis

Very challenging but fair course. Bunkers were incredibly soft and the fairways were pristine. A couple of greens had a few bare spots but nothing that really impeded play. The course played very fast. All and all it’s a must play if you are close to St Louis

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Annbriar Golf Course!

3.2073