Annbriar Golf Course

Annbriar Golf Course in Waterloo is one of the top 10 golf courses in Illinois. The course was built on rolling farmland covered with native wild grasses. The layout eases you into the challenges with a links-style front nine that is less demanding than the back nine. The fairways are invitingly wide but if you miss them, you'll be faced with thick fescue. The back nine takes advantage of the surprisingly undulating terrain, which is unexpected since just across the river the land is almost totally flat. Annbriar's signature hole, the par-4 11th, was voted the best hole in the St. Louis area. From an elevated tee, golfers enjoy a stunning view as they play down into a valley. This hole is also the no. 1 handicap hole on Annbriar Golf Course.
Annbriar Golf Course
Yellow 72 6863 yards 72.8 136
Green (W) 72 5446 yards 70.6 118
Scorecard for Annbriar
Yellow M: 72.9/132 361 435 385 193 535 388 165 426 495 3383 408 398 368 383 509 172 466 173 603 3480 6863
Blue M: 71.0/126 337 395 373 190 496 378 155 415 475 3214 382 404 353 356 492 151 446 147 572 3303 6517
White M: 68.2/120 W: 73.9/128 304 364 343 174 489 349 138 400 427 2988 361 352 321 309 467 133 388 132 495 2958 5946
Green M: 66.1/113 W: 70.6/118 281 340 310 155 463 313 118 354 401 2735 342 328 299 283 424 126 314 122 473 2711 5446
Red W: 66.4/110 225 289 275 116 434 287 75 283 384 2368 310 266 258 251 368 109 292 109 452 2415 4783

Year Built 1993
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 8

Best in St Louis area

This place is absolutely fantastic. Read some reviews that said it was in bad shape, they must have been somewhere else. Will be back ASAP

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 09/20/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Annbriar Golf Course!
Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 09/17/2018:
Hi tniederkorn, thanks for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Annbriar Golf Course!

Usually good but not today

paid $25 for 18 at 1pm but by 5pm the pace of play was so slow I only finished 11 holes before leaving. At one time there was 4 different groups on the tee box. Bunkers were not rank and hard packed. Greens were tall and very slow.

Challenging but Fair

My wife and I just played the course for the first time. Staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Course was in GREAT shape and set up very well for all the tee boxes. (Which my wife very much appreciated). We will be back and looking forward to it!

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 09/10/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your rounds with us at Annbriar. We hope to see you again for another round soon!

My Favorite Course But Things Are Slipping

Annbriar has always been my favorite St. Louis area golf course. However, myself and friends were very disappointed on Labor Day. Hopefully, this was just a bad day and things are not slipping at Annbriar.

First. They need a starter. We were delayed by 30 minutes because of some small outing was not getting off in time.

Second, the tee boxes had not been mowed in awhile.

Third, the greens were shag carpet. I know it has been a tough year for greens but you have to cut the greens lower.

Fourth. Busy, hot day on Labor Day. No beverage cart on the course.

Fifth. The service in the clubhouse has always been decent. Today, no one coming to tables to get our drink order or ask us if we want to have lunch.

I bad day for Annbriar. I would have been embarrassed to have raved about your course (which I have always done) and brought a guest out.

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 09/07/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry to hear that your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. These are not the expectations we strive for at Annbriar Golf Course and hope you reconsider returning for another round with us soon. Thank you for playing!

Slowest pace of play ever

Course was in good condition. Not 50$ a round condition, but fair for the price I paid. Knew going in the course would be busy since all the tee times were booked up but still unacceptable for a round of golf to take 5 and a half hours. Tee'd off at 905, almost 10 minutes behind our scheduled time. Played the first 3 holes on a decent pace, then bogged down. From #4 going forward we waited on every tee box and approach shots to the greens. Finished the front nine in 2 hours 35 minutes. Once on the 10th tee we were stuck behind 2 groups, from there until we made it too 17 we watched the group in front of us tee off. On 17 & 18 we watched the 2 groups in front of us tee off. just a few minutes shy of 3 hours to finish the back. No marshal speeding up play which might of helped but at least it would have showed they were interested in keeping things moving. Tee's and fairways were good. Greens were bumpy, good speed but too bumpy to get a consistent line. Green surrounds were rough in some places with a few being sodded recently. Rough was thick but fair and the traps were in good shape if people would just rake them. First time I played and not a very good first impression. Nothing kills a good round of golf like slow play. Unsure if I would return or not this year.

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 08/30/2018:
Hi apguseman, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round. Our staff does their best to monitor pace of play during our busier days, so we apologize it wasn't up to your expectations. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon with us. Thanks for playing!

One of if not the most beautiful courses I have played. Course was perfect, greens were rolling smoothly and layout was excellent. It gets as high of a rating I can give plus 5 stars. Great Course

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 08/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for the kind review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #AnnbriarGolfCourse!

Another perfect Annbriar day

All was good--greens, fairways, sand, tee boxes. Just a great place to play golf.

Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #AnnbriarGolfCourse!
Response from Annbriar Golf Course on 08/07/2018:
Thanks for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #AnnbriarGolfCourse!

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018