A view of a green with a bunker on the right at Bonnie Brook Golf Course

Style Woodland

Bonnie Brook Golf Course, known amongst locals as simply "The Brook," is one of the most popular public courses on the North Shore. It has even been ranked as one of the top 50 public golf courses in the Chicagoland area. Designed in 1926 by James Foulis, the course has a classic feel to it with challenges that have withstood the test of time. The layout sprawls across a scenic natural landscape accented with gently rolling hills, tall native grasses, and sparkling lakes. The north branch of the Waukegan River also meanders through part of the golf course. The Bonnie Brook layout offers enough of a challenge for advanced players with narrow, tree-lined fairways and subtly tricky undulations throughout the spacious greens, but it is a round that is player friendly enough for any skill level to enjoy.

Bonnie Brook Golf Course

Year Built 1926
Architect James Foulis (1926) Bob Lohmann

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great course, awful pace, inattentive staff

Course was amazing. In great shape and loved the layout. Teed off at 330 and didnt finish. Finished 17 holes and drove back in the dark at 8. Pace was awful. Additionally we were told a bev cart was out but we never saw it once. Called pro shop on 5 (1.5 hours in) and they said "oh she should be out there". Also never saw a ranger to address slow play.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hi u805355603, it's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. We also apologize for the absence of the beverage cart. Thank you for the feedback. We will use your comments to improve course visits.

Wonderful round!

Full disclosure, I played well, so I’m sure I’m a little rosy eyed. But we teed off at 9:30 on a Saturday, and never waited to hit a shot. We were never pushed by the group behind us. Finished the round in less than 4 hours. Course was in excellent shape. Greens were very true, and ran well. Very good speed to make putts, but downhill putts can still be dangerous. Interesting layout, especially on the back. A ton of character. Staff was friendly and helpful. Friendly, attractive beverage cart girl. All in all, it was a fantastic round. I can’t wait to go back!

Commented on 08/24/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u2447649! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great condition

Everything about the course was great. The conditions give you a nice lie. I had to use every club in my bag. Great course

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi u3604860. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bonnie Brook Golf Course.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi Bigpappahenry. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bonnie Brook Golf Course.

I love playing here. it's a fair course. My only grip is an over grown tree in front of hole 15 tee box. It does not make sense.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi Nathan3587232. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Bonnie Brook Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/29/2020

Hi u369000145. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bonnie Brook Golf Course.

Great Round on a wonderful course

I have never played Bonnie Brook before and all I can say I will be back soon. The greens were fast and the fairways were in great condition. A nice test of golf.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u2969325! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Good Park District Course

The greens were fast the course in very good shape. No cart service observed either time I played which was not great since it was very hot each time.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi Golfjonz, thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. We also appreciate the feedback on the cart service during your visits. We will work on making sure there is cart service the next time you visit.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, changseoksoo! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

First time play, very nice and will return.

Excellent course layout and conditions, clearly it is important to ownership that course maintenance is maintained.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello, lahern1957. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jamiewamsley! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Great Value

Love this course. Great muni, front is open, back gets challenging. Well maintained and just a real good all around value.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi Karzwoo. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Great course just north of the city!

Great course, staff, and layout. They truly make sure it’s a great experience for everyone involved. Won’t be the last time I play here!

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hi u7652728. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bonnie Brook Golf Course!

Anonymous
Commented on 06/01/2020

Commented on 08/25/2020

Great Public Course

I don't think there is another public course in the area that is as prestine as Bonnie Brook! Very well maintained and the staff is very nice. Some of the fastest greens around. The pace of play could be a tad better though.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u425616589! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Waukegan, Illinois