There are two championship golf courses available at St. Andrews Golf & Country Club in West Chicago as well as a top-ranked practice center. The Joe Jemsek Course, formerly known as the Lakewood, was added in 1929, three years after the club opened. Unlike the original St. Andrews Course, the Joe Jemsek Course has a hillier terrain. Although it is shorter than the other golf course at 6,770 yards, the elevation changes make it seem similar in length to the 6,920-yard St. Andrews Course. The course features tree-lined fairways and strategically placed bunkers, offering plenty of challenges but overall it is not an overly intimidating layout for beginners. There are several long and demanding par 3s throughout. The best example being the tricky second hole, which has a green that is guarded by two deep bunkers and towering trees.

St. Andrews Golf & Country Club - Joe Jemsek Course
Scorecard for Joe Jemsek
Blue M: 72.0/122 362 216 425 384 433 200 349 420 496 3285 517 221 338 329 207 514 451 552 404 3533 6818
White M: 70.1/118 333 194 380 370 402 171 336 406 479 3071 467 187 313 303 192 498 436 524 367 3287 6358
Gold M: 67.7/112 W: 73.0/124 314 179 361 356 337 146 277 377 456 2803 418 160 297 292 179 486 385 460 351 3028 5831
Red W: 70.3/118 294 164 342 342 272 142 271 258 406 2491 401 158 292 284 176 413 333 458 335 2850 5341

Year Built 1929
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Edward B. Dearie

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Playing Multiple Courses 20

Got rained out

Course was in good shape when we started considering how much rain we have had this year. Greens and tees were in very good shape considering. Pace of play was a little slow but mostly due to high rough where you could not find a ball that left the fairway.
Only got in 9 of the 18 due to rain and thunderstorms. Didn't close the course but rain was bad and temp dropped and ranger said cart [path only for the rest of the day, It was pretty unpleasant so we quit, but didn't get a rain check.
Like this course works well for mu skill level.

Excellent course, excellent price. Played in 3 hours...couldn't have been better considering the rain we've had.

St. Andrews Golf & Country Club - Joe Jemsek Course
Commented On 05/14/2019

Hello, Craig. Thank you for taking the time to review St. Andrews Golf & Country Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Always in great shape

Regardless of the huge amount of rain we had in the past few days, course was in great shape.

St Andrews Course 1

Great condition as usual. Large greens that can be tricky to read. For early spring really good condition. Still damp so played long.

Good bargain for the $$

When we got there, we actually played the St. Andrews course not the Jemsek course. Fairway bunkers and alot of contour to the greens made it challenging. Nice place. I will definitely go back to play again and would love to try the other 18 hole course.

St Andrews Lakewood course

I really do love this course. It’s just all around solid. I don’t play much, but this is my third time here this season & im going to try to get back at least once more.

Great shape

Course was in great shape. Need to be in fairway, second cut is long. But more than likely designed that way.

A quick round after it rained

Due to early morning rain we weren't sure if we would be able to play, but the rain stopped and our twosome played 18 holes in just a little over 3 hours. considering it had rained before we played, the course for the most part was in excellent condition. One green had an area that had too much water on it and the bunkers were a little damp, but still playable.

Another slow play round

Another day, another outing we go stuck behind. First 7 holes our foursome played in less than 1-1/2 hours. Then we caught up to the outing. From holes 8 through 18, we played in 3-1/4 hours for a total playing time of 4-3/4 hours. Whoever was playing in the outing didn't know how to pick up their feet while walking on the greens. There were spike marks everywhere. Also there was a single player in front of us that played 3 balls off the tees at most every hole and played all 3 down the fairways. The rangers didn't do anything about it because the guy wasn't really holding up play due to the outing that was directly in front of him. Other than the slow play, again, and spike marks all over the greens, the fairway, bunkers, and tee boxes were in excellent shape.

Slow Play this time

We played this round following a shot gun start of an outing of wounded warriors organization. We followed the outing for our first 10 holes. It was very, very slow play. St. Andrews should never have offered tee times that close to an end of an outing, especially this one. On the pro shop's behalf they did warn us prior to teeing off that it would be slow play for half of our round. However, we made the reservation through Golfnow and was not aware that this outing would be happening. Other than that issue, the course was in excellent condition.

standrewsgolfandcc
Commented On 08/03/2018

HI Robert,
This was our first time hosting this event. We always allow extra time for an "outing cushion", but obviously it was not enough. Now that we know their pace, we will obviously adjust the tee sheet for next time.

Narrow fairways

The course is well kept but the fairways are narrow. Also, there is very little difference from one hole to the next. Every hole feels the same.

Great Value

The course is really excellent. Challenging, but fair. The price I got on Golf Now was an outstanding value. The conditions were excellent too.

Slow Play

I've played this course many times the past few years and this one one of the worst if not the worst pace of play I have experienced here. Our foursome caught up with a slow playing threesome at the second hole. A ranger didn't show up to help move that group along until we got to the 15th hole. By that time the damage was already done. It took us over 5 hours to play which normally takes our group 4 hours or less to play. It was a very hot day, mid 90s, but that shouldn't excuse the course from monitoring the pace of play. The golf course was not crowded. In fact no groups caught up to us even though it was so slow. Very disappointing round. With that said, the course was in excellent condition. Come on St. Andrews. Get those rangers out there and watch for pace of play.

standrewsgolfandcc
Commented On 06/22/2018

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your round was so slow. If you ever run into this situation again, please call the pro shop as soon as it happens. We will send the ranger right to you. 630.231.3100 ext. 114

Horrible experience

Played on Father's day with my wife and my 10 year old son. Very busy. On Hole 2, we already had to wait until the foursome in front of us tees off. On hole 6, a ranger turned up telling us to pick up the pace. On hole 7, the ranger came back an told my wife that our group was holding up the entire course, which was not true, as we had to wait ourselves. The ranger followed my wife and my son from hole 7 to hole 8 to observe their game. Unacceptable. We decided to leave, as this was NOT a pleasant round of golf. Granted, the manager offered a full refund. Disappointing.

Decent course, but nothing special

Hadn't played this course in years, and got a great Hot Deal so set up a foursome. This is an older course with lots of trees and a mixture of different holes. The greens weren't that fast, and they were a little bumpy. Course was OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play. However, the practice range is the best in the area.

Bartlett, Illinois
Winfield, Illinois
West Chicago, Illinois
Bartlett, Illinois
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Wheaton, Illinois

Valid dates: May 20, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Enjoy exclusive access to the legendary courses of TPC Sawgrass with a 2 night stay, breakfast and 2 rounds of golf.
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club