Twin Lakes Golf Course (Westmont, IL)

Year Built 1985
Fairways Blue Grass
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting

Carts Yes - $13

Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.

Do not honor golf now rate

My wife and I have come to this course a few times now, and each time there's something new to disappoint. The course itself is a fun little par three that is well-kept for a municipal course. But the problem is with the staff, who have been quite abrasive on multiple occasions.

This most recent outing, I showed up with my GolfNow reservation and was told the rate didn't match their rates at the course for that day. So I ended up paying more for my round. It was $2, so granted I shouldn't care that much, but the way in which it was handled was inappropriate. The staff member told me it was both my fault and GolfNow, not their own, that the rate was wrong. Obviously the course must interact with GolfNow to put rates online, so there was a miscommunication barrier on their end, but the implication was that this was somehow my problem. They would not honor the rate, even though it was what I booked. Nonetheless, the interaction with the gentleman was very poor (no room for discussion even though I already booked online and paid a convenience fee knowing that this would be the rate). This left a sour taste in my mouth, and the round wasn't fun -- a shame, because it was a gorgeous day and it should have been a nice outing with the wife.

This interaction was par for the course (pun intended) for this place though. After multiple interactions with staff in the clubhouse and on the course over a few times I've been here, they make it feel like a stuffy country club. The rules are strict and the people are stricter. Overall, I'd love to come to this course as my wife is learning and its super close to where we live, but I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Great par 3

Amazing par three course and really inexpensive. Great staff. Super friendly

Good, Cheep, Par 3 With Fun Holes

I have played this course ever since I was a little kid. I remember hitting driver off the tee as a kid and now hit a 7-iron. I personally love par-3s so this course fits my likes. The staff is very friendly. You only need to have a tee time for the weekends as the weekdays are less busy. The course is well kept all around, but sometimes the greens can sometimes have a good amount of ball marks and tree debris. Water is dangerous on holes 1, 2, 4, and 7. Love this course to death, will be back, and recommend to a beginner for ease, and more advanced golfers to practice their mid-range irons.

Local and Likeable

Great, friendly spot for a quick nine. A little water, a little sand, Good exercise for your middle and short game.

Clarendon Hills, Illinois